[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:48 pm

4n4rch1st wrote:Nevermind, fixed it.
Man, I was sleepy.

So please confirm:

Who is your main character?

Does Rallath still exist?
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:44 am

Ok.
I've had a bit of thinking and I've completely redid my character.
Ignore all of my posts before this.

Name: Xernia
Race: Zoltan
Physical Features: Thin, glows brightly

Personality: Hot-headed, believer in fate
Quirks: Likes to say Yarr, Aye, almost always finishes sentences with matey
Backstory: Xernia once trained in a zoltan monastery, learning many spells, offensive and defensive. However, when the final test came, she failed on it and ran away. Eventually she got picked up by a bunch of pirates and joined their law-breaking journey. When arriving in a quarantine sector, though, the rest of the crew got infected and Xernia got in an escape pod and ejected away from the spacecraft.

Pickup place: In a pod that drifts into one of the ship's hull while waiting.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:10 am

While the scans were in progress on the Mature, Lux was standing over the Pelican's own sensor console. "I wonder if I can contact the Federation... without alerting the Rebels..." she muttered, taking out her multi-tool and opening up a panel. "A coded message of some sort... one they'd understand but the Rebels would be confused by..."
Maybe if I sent the message to my father... if he's still alive that is, she thought to herself, But I can't look desperate to contact him. That's how Captain Awesome almost lost his son...

Eden was already losing a lot of games to the point where it was jokingly suggested by one of the crew that the "Pirate Queen" play Go Fish instead.

I'm guessing the idea is this: The Rebels know who everyone on the Mature is. But they don't actually KNOW who they are and their relations and if it's important to go after them. If Lux sends an uncoded message to her father, they'll think she's desperate for family contact and thus do a targeted operation on where he might be in order to lure the United Rogue Union into a trap. Otherwise, why bother wasting resources on attacking families they might be estranged from? It's not like they checked Spacebook, right?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 am

stylesrj wrote:While the scans were in progress on the Mature, Lux was standing over the Pelican's own sensor console. "I wonder if I can contact the Federation... without alerting the Rebels..." she muttered, taking out her multi-tool and opening up a panel. "A coded message of some sort... one they'd understand but the Rebels would be confused by..."
Maybe if I sent the message to my father... if he's still alive that is, she thought to herself, But I can't look desperate to contact him. That's how Captain Awesome almost lost his son...

Eden was already losing a lot of games to the point where it was jokingly suggested by one of the crew that the "Pirate Queen" play Go Fish instead.

I'm guessing the idea is this: The Rebels know who everyone on the Mature is. But they don't actually KNOW who they are and their relations and if it's important to go after them. If Lux sends an uncoded message to her father, they'll think she's desperate for family contact and thus do a targeted operation on where he might be in order to lure the United Rogue Union into a trap. Otherwise, why bother wasting resources on attacking families they might be estranged from? It's not like they checked Spacebook, right?

(Ok thats clever)

"Be nice guys, kinda hard to read a Zoltan" he said chuckling as he drew his cards

"So Eden, tell me this, how in the hell did you end up leading pirates" he asked
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Eden looked at her cards and... said nothing about her hand. Or tried to. What she did say however was to Bren "You should already know how I became a pirate. The Gift gave me my abilities and it gave my crew theirs."
One of the other pirates said with a very sincere smile "It's made her the queen bee of this ship and we're just the workers and the drones."
Eden nodded "The Federation thought the Pelican was purged of The Gift when they bombarded it with radiation as part of the quarantine procedure, but thanks to some shipping errors, there was a lead-lined cargo container unaccounted for that let me and the remaining crew survive and eventually take the ship off its new owners."
She showed her hand and... well for once it was a good one.
"I figured that the Federation wouldn't want a bunch of crazy cannibals working for them that I decided that I might as well become a pirate. Turns out I have a real knack for it and we really like the idea of wearing the tanned skins of our enemies like pirate regalia" she added with a hearty laugh, taking in the winnings for that round "Card games... not so much"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:15 am

He rolled his "eyes" as he pushed the chips to her and dealt out the cards

"If ya ask me you guys don't feel like pirates, you feel more like Privateers, pirates who fight for the Federation. I suppose when this is over you might be able to become legal pirates" he said drew three new cards, looking at his hand, a flush

"Which is something I have to ask, what will we all do when this is over?" he aksed, "Kinda hard to imangine me going back to normal life after this, I've traveled to so many sectors, even one never seen by modern eyes, no idea what I will do after this"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 am

"We don't have an official requisition licence though" Eden said. One of the other pirates added "Or one of those Letters Of Mark."
"Marque" Eden corrected "Besides, while we do have stakes in the Federation's survival, I don't see myself signing up for a requisition licence. Admiral Tully would make sure I'd be under enough red tape to condense the Pelican into neutronium."
She gave a short sigh at her hand and then coughed "No, once this is all over I think I'll return to what I was doing before; smuggling, attacking pirates and avoiding the officially-recognised galactic authorities."
She looked at Sediment with that last statement "Which I might have to change my opinion on considering just what was sent out from his tribe."

Meanwhile Lux was still tampering with the sensors. Maybe I shouldn't try the secret code we made up... too obvious... but I wonder... did mum ever tell him our one? she thought to herself, I just need to remember what I made up when I was five...
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:50 am

He set down his cards revleaing his flush

"I see...well at least you have a plan" he said, "I'm a zoltan without a plan or schedule 40 cycles in advance"
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:48 am

Just checking, I assume I have to wait for my new character to be verified. Is this right?
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:51 pm

yep

Sediment was helping to attach the weapon when he was told it needed a device that, surprisingly, they didn't have on the Pelican. "I'll check the Mature but don't get your hopes up." While going to the Mature's cargo hold he passed through the sensors room and noticed something. We went on the Comms,"There seems to be a nebula drifting to this beacon, alhough I could be very wrong."

Soon after all ships get hailed simultaneously, "Come to the great eye and your future will be revealed!"