[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:33 am

That's true, I guess no giant space "he said she said" gossip spewer. Jake thought.

"I guess not," Sarah said, reading his thoughts.

"I wish you'd stop doing that..."

"Can't help it!"

Jake got on the comms. "Ok, I guess we're going to need to be a bit more... specific." Suddenly, it hit him.

"Guys, if we can procure a Rebel auto-scout, we could program it to attack a Promethium hanger base. It would obviously fail and be destroyed, but those Rocks would take it as an act of war. No questions asked - the Promethium fleet would jump straight into Rebel territory in full attack formation."

"So you're saying..." Sarah said. "Hijack a Rebel auto-scout, and do a fake Rebel attack on the Promethium fleet, to provoke them into a counter strike?"

"Exactly." Jake said, smiling.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:01 am

JakeCollins wrote:That's true, I guess no giant space "he said she said" gossip spewer. Jake thought.

"I guess not," Sarah said, reading his thoughts.

"I wish you'd stop doing that..."

"Can't help it!"

Jake got on the comms. "Ok, I guess we're going to need to be a bit more... specific." Suddenly, it hit him.

"Guys, if we can procure a Rebel auto-scout, we could program it to attack a Promethium hanger base. It would obviously fail and be destroyed, but those Rocks would take it as an act of war. No questions asked - the Promethium fleet would jump straight into Rebel territory in full attack formation."

"So you're saying..." Sarah said. "Hijack a Rebel auto-scout, and do a fake Rebel attack on the Promethium fleet, to provoke them into a counter strike?"

"Exactly." Jake said, smiling.

"If we get caught we can easily just say it was a prank to cause trouble, not saying we are apart of the Federation" Bren said

"I say this because if the Rock's ever found out this false attack to lead them on what is basically a suicide attack, well we might suck the Federation into another war" Bren said

"So are you sure you want to do this Jake?" he asked, "We could take the honest route and hope for their sympathy, or we can try this method but risk the safety of the Federation"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:04 am

Sediment responded in agreement, "That could provoke my people enough to start a war, but first we need to find one. Shouldn't be too hard in a quarantine sector. And Bren, sympathy? Rockman? You might as well be asking an engi to fight a mantis in hand to hand combat."

He turned around to look at the Mature's engine system. Too bad I can't learn to use this thing, I could help in fights, and considering this fleet's track record fights are going to be pretty common. He went back on the comms, "Jake do you reckon you can teach me how this engine works. Or if not at least that hologram thing."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:24 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment responded in agreement, "That could provoke my people enough to start a war, but first we need to find one. Shouldn't be too hard in a quarantine sector. And Bren, sympathy? Rockman? You might as well be asking an engi to fight a mantis in hand to hand combat."

He turned around to look at the Mature's engine system. Too bad I can't learn to use this thing, I could help in fights, and considering this fleet's track record fights are going to be pretty common. He went back on the comms, "Jake do you reckon you can teach me how this engine works. Or if not at least that hologram thing."

"Many Zoltan gained many allies through simply asking in times of war" He said, "I am mearly explaining the options I see and allowing my leader to make the choice based on all information. I will follow him no matter what, I just don't want him to think he could have had another option when its too late"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:47 pm

"Would one scout really provoke them to war? It seems like we would need more than that for it to be taken as a real attack."
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:36 pm

Chickengames wrote:"Would one scout really provoke them to war? It seems like we would need more than that for it to be taken as a real attack."

"Perhaps," Sediment said, trying to predict what his kind would do, "But even I underestimate how irritated my people can get by foreigners. You must remember that rockman children are being taught that Humans are warmongering maniacs that are only set on dominating the galaxy. I'm sure that one auto-scout will make them angry at the rebelion and send the fleet into battle."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:24 am

"Sorry Bren, but I have to agree with Sed on this one" Jake said. "Zoltan have made many allies, but the Rockmen have made zero. The Rockmen stand alone, and always will. It is their nature, from what I've seen. No offense, but that's what the Rockmen culture revolves around. And yeah Kyrie, I see your point. But the Rockman are renowned for their irritability - especially Rockmen military organizations such as the Promethium. The attack would have to be well-placed. Something the Promethium-Rockmen hold very dear. I know the rockmen are very religious... perhaps a Promethium religious symbol?"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:31 am

JakeCollins wrote:"Sorry Bren, but I have to agree with Sed on this one" Jake said. "Zoltan have made many allies, but the Rockmen have made zero. The Rockmen stand alone, and always will. It is their nature, from what I've seen. No offense, but that's what the Rockmen culture revolves around. And yeah Kyrie, I see your point. But the Rockman are renowned for their irritability - especially Rockmen military organizations such as the Promethium. The attack would have to be well-placed. Something the Promethium-Rockmen hold very dear. I know the rockmen are very religious... perhaps a Promethium religious symbol?"

Bren nodded his head, "I understand, I just wanted you to have all the options before you make your decision" he said

Grom the rock woman spoke up, "If you want to anger us, yes the Statue of Promethus, the Rock God himself should be a good enough symbol to destroy" she said

"You ok with this?" Gorlag asked

"Its for the greater good, I completely understand why it has to be done" she said
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:37 am

"Ok, great!" Jake said cheerily. "We're going to need an auto-scout... shouldn't be too hard to find in the quarantine sector. Sarah, begin a wide beam spiral-scan for auto-scout materials/parameters."

"Jake, that's going to take-" Sarah began.

"Days. A scan like that will take days. So I guess we'll be here for a while. I want to be notified as soon as we detect an auto-scout. All ships, come to a full-stop and shut down your engines. Keep weapons and shields online, just in case. We're going to be here a few days while Sarah takes her scan."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:33 am

JakeCollins wrote:"Ok, great!" Jake said cheerily. "We're going to need an auto-scout... shouldn't be too hard to find in the quarantine sector. Sarah, begin a wide beam spiral-scan for auto-scout materials/parameters."

"Jake, that's going to take-" Sarah began.

"Days. A scan like that will take days. So I guess we'll be here for a while. I want to be notified as soon as we detect an auto-scout. All ships, come to a full-stop and shut down your engines. Keep weapons and shields online, just in case. We're going to be here a few days while Sarah takes her scan."

There was a quiet pause

"...cards over on Eden's ship, haven't played poker in a while" Bren offered