[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
BrenTenkage

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:15 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment heard the emergency alarm through the comms along with Lux's plan, "I think that could work, however I think the rebel elites are going to demolish the Promethium fleet, or worst case scenario the fleet get away and lure the rebels to us. Also I'm pretty sure the rock scout managed to fire a leto missile at you before Bren disabled their weapons, no significant damage, because its a leto, but it might've caused a fire or breach somewhere, hence the alarm."

Ravita spoke through the comms to Bren, trying to save his own life, "By destroying me your achieving nothing! I have already contacted the fleet about you hiding Sediment and likely Eden and her cannibalistic crew as well. If you destroy me your just going to be in worse trouble. Your a zoltan, you of all repugnant aliens should know that the destruction of innocent people is unlawful, both by law and by faith. And before you say, even non-innocent people like me, apparently, can not be killed, rather be put before a jury and be punished according to Promethium law."

Bren froze a bit about to aim at the cockpit...when he paused

"...damn it" he said and he opened com channel, "I can't give you the information about Sediment, but I can tell you our mission, we are trying to fight the rebels, but we need everyone's help to stop them....we need more time or they can find us and destroy the best chance to stop their super weapon...so I'm not going to kill you but going to say that when this is over will turn myself over to the rock govnerment for trial...this is Captain Bren signing out" he said ending the ocmunications

Groaning a bit to himself for letting Eden's more pirate influences over take his own moral compass
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:50 am

Sediment spoke after Bren's conversation with Ravita. "He'll be back, likely along with half the fleet. I assure you they won't rest until my head is on a pole, and likely the same with all the crew of this fleet. If he was trying to be diplomatic to you, it was probably just to save his life and he didn't mean a single syllable of it."

Ravita's scout jumped away several minutes later, after repairing the engines and charging his hyperdrive, not even sending a simple 'thank you.'
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:57 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment spoke after Bren's conversation with Ravita. "He'll be back, likely along with half the fleet. I assure you they won't rest until my head is on a pole, and likely the same with all the crew of this fleet. If he was trying to be diplomatic to you, it was probably just to save his life and he didn't mean a single syllable of it."

Ravita's scout jumped away several minutes later, after repairing the engines and charging his hyperdrive, not even sending a simple 'thank you.'

"Yeah...but I should have done things better..." he said sighing
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:03 am

“Amazing. We’re now wanted criminals in two different empires. I’m sure life will be great after this is over,” Kyrie stated flatly. “Although it would be cool to see my name on a wanted poster.”
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:07 am

As Jake pondered Lux's idea. He remembered his brief one-year course in AP Galactic Politics. The class was dreadfully boring, but informative. He remembered almost nothing, except for a one-day-mini-unit devoted to the "Randell Galactic Strength Scale." This scale was created by some boring philosopher a few decades ago, and basically measured the strength of interstellar organizations.

A Tier 1 organization was small and relatively weak, but independent from other organizations. They usually owned no territory, and drifted around independently. Like the United Rogue Union.
A Tier 2 organization was much larger and more developed organization with lots of territory. This included the Mantis Empire and the Promethium.
A Tier 3 organization was classified as a "Galactic Superpower." This included the United Federation and the Rebel Alliance.

A Tier 2 organization like the Promethium could have no hope at defeating a superpower like the Rebel Alliance. But they could put up a serious fight. As far as Jake was concerned, a fight = a distraction. Knowing the Rockmen, if you got 'em angry enough they'd go all-out. Even if they couldn't win, they'd probably destroy the entire Promethium fleet before surrender. Rockmen are as stubborn as... well... a rock.

"Sarah, I'm going to need a very, very, very big transmitter." Jake said.

"How big?" Sarah asked. "2 beacons? 10 beacons? A sector?"

"How about..." Jake paused. "The entire galaxy..." He said, slyly.

He got on the comms.

"What do ya' say, guys? Ready to start an interstellar war?"
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:12 am

Sediment was mildly confused about what Jake was referring too, "If you're talking about luring the Promethium fleet to the rebellion, then you better tell us what you're doing and wait for Eden and Luxanna to get back to their ship."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:47 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment was mildly confused about what Jake was referring too, "If you're talking about luring the Promethium fleet to the rebellion, then you better tell us what you're doing and wait for Eden and Luxanna to get back to their ship."

Just to be clear everyone: I'm talking about Lux's (Or Edens?) idea to make the Promethium go to war with the Rebellian, to momentarily weaken the rebels and distract them from our mission. Get it?
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:54 am

JakeCollins wrote:
Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment was mildly confused about what Jake was referring too, "If you're talking about luring the Promethium fleet to the rebellion, then you better tell us what you're doing and wait for Eden and Luxanna to get back to their ship."

Just to be clear everyone: I'm talking about Lux's (Or Edens?) idea to make the Promethium go to war with the Rebellian, to momentarily weaken the rebels and distract them from our mission. Get it?

"I see what you are planning, ruthless yes, but there is a reason rocks aren't wiped out by everyone else" he said, "Could give us the opening we need..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:36 am

"Just to be clear, the Promethiums are not the only Rock Empire out there. You still have the Vrachos Tribe and the Numa Tribe" Eden explained as she boarded the Pelican again "I'm not sure about the Duna Tribe though; they've lost a lot of influence."
Lux said "You're saying that if we get on the horn to the rest of the galaxy, those three might jump in as well in order to seek out their own honour in battle?"
"Pretty much. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the Mantis clans form a big union like they did during the Federation/Mantis Wars" Eden added.

Hey if you're going to broadcast something big, everyone's gonna hear it :D
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:38 am

"Eden is right, we could start something much bigger then intended," Sediment explained, "we need to be prepared for the worst, we could ignite a civil war between the rockmen, all for pride and honour, and if the signal will reach the entire galaxy, then everyone will hear it. Races of the galaxy that we never wanted to be involved might just declare war out of fear or pride. Image a war between Rebels, Rockmen, Mantis and Slugs, it will end in litteral blood, sweat and tears. All because of petiness, honour and us."