[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:46 am

Sediment stared at Jake, utterly astounded by what he just heard. 'I think its best that I know as little as I do. All I need to know is that somehow you are captain of a fleet and you most rightfully deserve that position. I think it is best that I personally met your other members of crew. Wait did you say that your fleet contains Lanius? How'd you covince Lanius of all monsters to join your fleet?'
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 am

JakeCollins wrote:Well, their has to be a serious drawback to using this technique. Otherwise, it'd be all over the galaxy by now.

Well if wandering the galaxy without a shield is safe ...
Flaks and beam will rip appart your ship for sure !
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment stared at Jake, utterly astounded by what he just heard. 'I think its best that I know as little as I do. All I need to know is that somehow you are captain of a fleet and you most rightfully deserve that position. I think it is best that I personally met your other members of crew. Wait did you say that your fleet contains Lanius? How'd you covince Lanius of all monsters to join your fleet?'

"Honestly...." Jake paused. "No idea. Talk to Bren or Ruwen or something." He chuckled a bit at Sediment's dismay.

"You'll get the hang of it, don't worry. Now... what skills do you have? What post would you be best at manning? We already got Weapons and Piloting covered."
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:36 pm

JakeCollins wrote:
Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment stared at Jake, utterly astounded by what he just heard. 'I think its best that I know as little as I do. All I need to know is that somehow you are captain of a fleet and you most rightfully deserve that position. I think it is best that I personally met your other members of crew. Wait did you say that your fleet contains Lanius? How'd you covince Lanius of all monsters to join your fleet?'

"Honestly...." Jake paused. "No idea. Talk to Bren or Ruwen or something." He chuckled a bit at Sediment's dismay.

"You'll get the hang of it, don't worry. Now... what skills do you have? What post would you be best at manning? We already got Weapons and Piloting covered."

Bren spoke on the coms as he was listening in

"The main thing is that they aren't monsters, they were made by the ancient Crystals but things went wrong, they really want to help." he said, "In fact when this is over we might be able to convince the Federation to allow them to join, we just need to send the translation data to them to understand them"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Sediment went on the coms to speak to Bren, 'I know about the Lanius' origin, the rockmen have never forgotten about the crysta... wait how do you know about the ancient crystalmen in the first place?' he turned towards Jake, 'Same with you, and about which position to man.' He looked around the ship and all the unknown technology that he had no idea how to use. 'I rarely man a station in a ship, let alone one 400 years in the future, so whatever system you put me in I'll be equally terrible.'
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment went on the coms to speak to Bren, 'I know about the Lanius' origin, the rockmen have never forgotten about the crysta... wait how do you know about the ancient crystalmen in the first place?' he turned towards Jake, 'Same with you, and about which position to man.' He looked around the ship and all the unknown technology that he had no idea how to use. 'I rarely man a station in a ship, let alone one 400 years in the future, so whatever system you put me in I'll be equally terrible.'

"We know because we found a Crystal in a cryopod, or whatever they call it, he joined us, you can talk to him later but right now he is a bit...umm upset"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:10 am

Sediment was astonished that some teenagers found what the rockman people desired for thousands of years. 'Our saviours are back,' He said softly, 'our people can finally develop as a nation, that is if my government weren't the most propagandic in the galaxy.'
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment was astonished that some teenagers found what the rockman people desired for thousands of years. 'Our saviours are back,' He said softly, 'our people can finally develop as a nation, that is if my government weren't the most propagandic in the galaxy.'

"There is a problem...the crystals apparently have their own problems, their own bit of civil war and factions, some things never changed...sorry to break it to you" Bren said, "Doesn't matter the race, there will always be arguments, heck Zoltans sometimes fight just for what color the book of Regulations should be, for the record I vote for a nice lime green"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 am

'Ehh, what's new.' Sediment said over the comms, 'The crystalmen may hate to admit it but they love conflict for the sole reason that they can experience the thril of battle, however, it was suppressed to some degree. I guess at some point the urge was too strong for some and war broke out. It has been prophesied that when the crystalmen return they will bring back great fortune and great technology, I guess with the civil war that won't be happening anytime soon.'
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:'Ehh, what's new.' Sediment said over the comms, 'The crystalmen may hate to admit it but they love conflict for the sole reason that they can experience the thril of battle, however, it was suppressed to some degree. I guess at some point the urge was too strong for some and war broke out. It has been prophesied that when the crystalmen return they will bring back great fortune and great technology, I guess with the civil war that won't be happening anytime soon.'

"Yeah well ruwen isn't too happy about that" Bren said a bit annoyed

"As for technology, their tech is pretty good weapon wise, shields do not like being hit with crystals"