[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
NEmergix

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby NEmergix » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:45 am

While Lux was doing the talking stuff, Nicholas wasn't fooling around with the FTL drive repairs.
"Check the main console wiring. might have a problem on that side, considering that part of the FTL drive core just fried up, " shouted Nicholas to one of the crewman while equipping welding glasses.

Could we jump at some time to the shipyard planet my character lived in ? I got some good ideas ...
BTW if i do any spelling/gammar error just point them out .
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 pm

A lone Crystal outside was digging in the frost using tools formed out of the same materials as his body. Upon spotting the landing ships however, he quickly formed a perimeter around his vessel using the same crystals, forming a waist-high fence that was slowly rising in height.

Lux stepped out onto the surface of the planet with a thick coat and a respirator due to the frigid cold air; she started her walk towards the Crystal ship, gesturing for whoever else was onboard to follow up. "Ruwen, how's that message coming? Or do you think they're still trying to translate it?" she asked "Because they've got a guard outside setting up a wall."

I'm assuming Ruwen or Bren and/or Kyrie was picked up by Lux's runabout before she landed while Jake is using his shuttle for the research side of things?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 pm

stylesrj wrote:A lone Crystal outside was digging in the frost using tools formed out of the same materials as his body. Upon spotting the landing ships however, he quickly formed a perimeter around his vessel using the same crystals, forming a waist-high fence that was slowly rising in height.

Lux stepped out onto the surface of the planet with a thick coat and a respirator due to the frigid cold air; she started her walk towards the Crystal ship, gesturing for whoever else was onboard to follow up. "Ruwen, how's that message coming? Or do you think they're still trying to translate it?" she asked "Because they've got a guard outside setting up a wall."

I'm assuming Ruwen or Bren and/or Kyrie was picked up by Lux's runabout before she landed while Jake is using his shuttle for the research side of things?

Ruwen is the only one with you)

Ruwen looked to the guard and walked over with his hands up speaking, "These aliens come in peace, we wish to talk" he said in his tone, "I am Ruwen of the Original Scouting Corp, I was in Hibernation during the war and these people awoken me"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:34 pm

The guard looked at the approaching group with what Ruwen could have probably described as "fear".
He pointed at them and shouted "Unclean! Unclean!"
"What does he mean by..." Lux started to ask Ruwen when the guard shouted again "Unclean must be sterilised!"
"Ok seriously, does he mean..."
"Do not approach! You are all carrying diseases!" the guard explained.

Ah right, makes sense. We are landing on an untouched world with people who haven't had contact with the rest of the galaxy for thousands of years... Lux thought to herself, Hell even the inoculations I've been given might be vectors of a new disease to these folks.
She looked to Ruwen "Don't start claiming you've been inoculated before you set out thousands of years ago..."

Sure one can't be inoculated against every unknown disease but... these guys don't want to catch the old Common Space Crystal Cold they cured a long time ago after Ruwen's stasis :P
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 pm

stylesrj wrote:The guard looked at the approaching group with what Ruwen could have probably described as "fear".
He pointed at them and shouted "Unclean! Unclean!"
"What does he mean by..." Lux started to ask Ruwen when the guard shouted again "Unclean must be sterilised!"
"Ok seriously, does he mean..."
"Do not approach! You are all carrying diseases!" the guard explained.

Ah right, makes sense. We are landing on an untouched world with people who haven't had contact with the rest of the galaxy for thousands of years... Lux thought to herself, Hell even the inoculations I've been given might be vectors of a new disease to these folks.
She looked to Ruwen "Don't start claiming you've been inoculated before you set out thousands of years ago..."

Sure one can't be inoculated against every unknown disease but... these guys don't want to catch the old Common Space Crystal Cold they cured a long time ago after Ruwen's stasis :P

"We understand, please we want to know what has happened eons ago, I will submit to any sterlization, but i doubt my friends here could survive our medicines..." he said his hands still up to show he was submitting to this and being non-hostile
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 pm

"ALL beings must be sterilised before approaching" the guard insisted, pointing a large crystalline weapon at them through the wall. "This will cleanse the toxins and filth from your bodies."
Lux took several steps back and shook her head. She knew the Federation did have such procedures in place for dangerous diseases but it involved a purge of an entire body's microbial ecosystem... which would be very quickly fatal if not treated quickly by the proper doctor for that species. If the Crystals have something similar...
"I don't think I'd survive a total sterilisation procedure" she said to Ruwen "You go on ahead and... be careful?"

Sterilisation Beams are probably the precursor to the Anti-Bio Beam; just that the Slugs are willing to use them in a combat situation and do more than disrupt microflora.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 am

Jake felt relieved as the shuttle doors slid shut, and the air instantly began to warm up. He just loved that feeling of coming home after a cold winter day...

Of course, this place was cold - but not winter. Not a single cloud or patch of snow in sight. Just a lot of very hearty trees.

Jake heaved the device onto the table in the shuttle. But Sarah wasn't focused on the work. She was staring at Jake... Wondering if he remembered that time when she kissed him in the storage bay...

"Yo... Uh, Sarah"

"Right! Sorry!" Sarah snapped out of her fog and moved next to Jake, standing over the device. She grabbed a handle at the top of the cylinder, opposite the drill-part. She twisted clockwise and pulled it out, revealing a cylinder of rock, mud, and what looked like dirty steel. The layers were all clearly spaced throughout the sample.

"What's that?" Jake asked, pointing to the steel.

"Good question..." Sarah replied, opening her scanner. "Jusging from how deep it is in the sample, I assume It's a few hundred thousand years old. It's some kind of alloy... And, hang on... Oh..."

"What?" Jake asked frantically.

"Get me a rifle."

"You gonna shoot it?"

"I don't want to kill it. I want to stimulate it with energy."

"Sarah, its a frickin' shiny rock."

Sarah glared at Jake, who grumbled as he got a small pistol. She stood back and shot the metallic substance.

They waited a few seconds.

"Congrats, it's no longer a shiny rock, its a CHARRED shiny ro-"

Suddenly, the "shiny rock" began to liquify. It slithered in a liquid state out of the stone sample, leaving a hole where it once was. The liquid, now resting on the table, no bigger than Jake's fist, began to form and solidify.

Soon, there was a small, metallic creature sitting on the table, with a liquid metal bottom that it seemed to contort itself when the creature wanted to move. The back of the creature was solid metal, with scary looking spikes curving from its back. Two red eyes sat in the front of the strange, dome shaped Life form.

"I think.... Its a proto-Lanius. This must be what the Lanius evolved from." Sarah said, in awe.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:33 am

stylesrj wrote:"ALL beings must be sterilised before approaching" the guard insisted, pointing a large crystalline weapon at them through the wall. "This will cleanse the toxins and filth from your bodies."
Lux took several steps back and shook her head. She knew the Federation did have such procedures in place for dangerous diseases but it involved a purge of an entire body's microbial ecosystem... which would be very quickly fatal if not treated quickly by the proper doctor for that species. If the Crystals have something similar...
"I don't think I'd survive a total sterilisation procedure" she said to Ruwen "You go on ahead and... be careful?"

Sterilisation Beams are probably the precursor to the Anti-Bio Beam; just that the Slugs are willing to use them in a combat situation and do more than disrupt microflora.

Ruwen stepped forward a little nervous but he bravely touched the "spike"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 am

The effects of the sterilisation beam on the Crystal... felt like how it would against a Crystal. Probably nauseating too.
The guard then grabbed Ruwen and led him inside the barrier and into the ship. "You'll have to forgive his cautiousness, Ruwen" a mysterious voice said "You see, in the time you have gone, we have found a cure for all of our illnesses... but it has left our immune systems well... rather compromised."
Several medicine injectors poked themselves into Ruwen's arms before a blue Crystal covered in several white crystals on his head approached him, using a large metal pipe as a sort of walking stick. "Now then... what brings you to this part of our sector? Here to bring in an ancient report of your long-term scouting mission? Or are you here to warn us about the Carnelians and their unclean warriors are coming this way? Or are you to tell us that the outsiders have formed a hostile armada coming to subjugate us? We've heard it all before from scouts like you over the centuries..."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:25 pm

stylesrj wrote:The effects of the sterilisation beam on the Crystal... felt like how it would against a Crystal. Probably nauseating too.
The guard then grabbed Ruwen and led him inside the barrier and into the ship. "You'll have to forgive his cautiousness, Ruwen" a mysterious voice said "You see, in the time you have gone, we have found a cure for all of our illnesses... but it has left our immune systems well... rather compromised."
Several medicine injectors poked themselves into Ruwen's arms before a blue Crystal covered in several white crystals on his head approached him, using a large metal pipe as a sort of walking stick. "Now then... what brings you to this part of our sector? Here to bring in an ancient report of your long-term scouting mission? Or are you here to warn us about the Carnelians and their unclean warriors are coming this way? Or are you to tell us that the outsiders have formed a hostile armada coming to subjugate us? We've heard it all before from scouts like you over the centuries..."

"I um...well wish ask for your aid. You see these humans and other aliens have control of the galaxy but there is a war of their own humans who wish to destroy all other alien life. They created a powerful weapon that could wipe everything out."

"I also learned the truth of the metal eaters, they pose no threat to us, they in fact were created by us, they see us as their creators still after all this time"