[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:55 pm

"So what do we do about the Mantis?" Lux asked Eden as the medbay began its work. The Mantis could hear everything that was being said between the two however. "I mean on a ship of crazy cannibals he'd be right at home but something about him says that he's not to be trusted."
Eden chuckled at Lux's comment "Sounds like a perfect fit. If he needs a fight, well he's in good claws or hands and if he needs food, we have plenty of Human meat for him to feast upon..."
"Yes, but he's... well he's not Gifted so you can't do the whole "Queen Bee" thing we can do with the rest of the crew" Lux said.
Eden smirked "Then you tell Jake that he'll be getting a new playmate and wait for him to start screaming in terror when he goes feral..."
"You'd like that to happen very much wouldn't you?" Lux grumbled "I'm just not sure if we can keep him though..."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:06 pm

(sorry to do this to you Styles)

While the mantis did seem to be calming down when it was put into the medbay, sometime during its healing process it must have had a PTSD flashback and began to go beserk on the wall screaming it needed to leave, he did a bit of damage before hitting an electricity charged wire or something which killed him.

Sometimes you can help them, sometimes you can't....

(2 Hull Damage, Crew Morale...neutral, it is Eden's ship, one man even asks if he could eat him)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 pm

"Well I guess that answers that" Eden said coldly, looking at the charred Mantis corpse. Lux kept up her usual smile at the sight and smell, her pistol pointed at the body as if expecting the crazy insect to jump back up and keep fighting.
"I'll serve him up for lunch. Mantis guts tend to taste better when roasted within their own chitinous shell and his blades can be recycled as swords" Eden explained, carrying the dead Mantis away "Of course, we shouldn't linger for too long. We're still far away from the exit."

Rewards from looting the ship: Not much
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:41 am

stylesrj wrote:"Well I guess that answers that" Eden said coldly, looking at the charred Mantis corpse. Lux kept up her usual smile at the sight and smell, her pistol pointed at the body as if expecting the crazy insect to jump back up and keep fighting.
"I'll serve him up for lunch. Mantis guts tend to taste better when roasted within their own chitinous shell and his blades can be recycled as swords" Eden explained, carrying the dead Mantis away "Of course, we shouldn't linger for too long. We're still far away from the exit."

Rewards from looting the ship: Not much

Bren sighed a bit when he heard the story, "Shame he had to go out like that' He muttered, "So fleet we ready to go to the next sector?"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:17 am

Jake sank back in his chair when he pieced together what had happened.

"Well that was... interesting..." He said with a smirk.
I'm a 14 year old captain of a ship from 400 years in the future, commanding a fleet of crazy, mission-obsessed, self important cannibals. And a couple of my academy friends of course. I went through the first stable wormhole the federation has ever discovered as a small detour on my mission to destroy Black Hole technology created by the Rebel fleet. Jake thought. He paused, and spun around in his chair.

"Space sure is an interesting place."

With that, he jumped to the next beacon.

Upon arrival, Jake realized they were only a few jumps away from the exit beacon. As he took a scan of the surrounding area, Jake realized they were in a field of icy asteroids. There was one central asteroid that was large enough to have its own thick atmosphere, and was heated by a nearby sun. Not an M-Class (Earthlike) world, but an L-Class one. L-Classes were known to never snow, but be frigid cold. They usually supported large plants like evergreen trees, and small mammels.

Landed on the surface of this frigid world, there was some kind of Crystal runabout. It hadn't detected 'em yet.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:09 pm

The planet was greenish gray, mostly foliage and rock. A thick atmosphere blurred the planet's surface and gave it a cold temperature. The runabout was sitting near a large body of water. "Do you think they're friendly? Might be a science vessel."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:34 pm

"Maybe my ship and Ruwen could send a message, they might be more reasonable if they hear the message of peace first" Bren suggested
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Lux immediately suggested the use of their own runabout to land on the planet and investigate the Crystals down there. "The scanners show a different... resonance than the previous Crystal ship? Maybe it's a different faction? One who won't teleport onboard and try to fight us?"
Eden sighed "We can't just stop off at every..."
One of her crew informed her of some issues with the FTL drive. "It'll take at least three hours to get repairs done but we gotta shut down the engine core in the meantime."
"Fine..." Eden sighed "You have permission to take the core offline for repairs... but you have two hours to get it done."
She looked to Lux "Same goes for you Luxanna, don't get kidnapped or stranded within those two hours."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:31 am

Jake gingerly set the Mature's shuttle down on the steep slope of a mountain. He was still near the base of the mountain, but high up enough to have an arial view of the Crystal ship below. He lazily watched the Pelican's runabout land about a mile away from the Crystal ship, in the base of a large, flat, stone crater.

Jake had brought Sarah onto the shuttle's computer, so she could come down too - but never leave the boundaries of the shuttle walls, of course.

"Ok, so you sure this drugged-up hunk of scrap metal will work?" Jake asked, heaving the large, tubular contraption out of its storage crate. It was made from scrap, a spent 02 recycler, some lifting servos, a destroyed husk of a Mark II burst laser, and a series of duct-taped optic wires.

"'Made it myself!" Sarah exclaimed proudly.

"Not exactly Federation Standard Issue." Jake grumbled.

"Quiet. Now, you know how to use it, right?" Sarah asked.

"Yes, mooooooooommmm" Jake griped.

He put on his massive thermal jacket and trousers, which were about 5 sizes too big. When he was all zipped up in the shiny foam outfit, he opened the shuttle door. Freezing air rushed in, and Jake already felt his cheeks tingling in the cold. As he stepped onto the rocky slope, he gazed up at the clear baby-blue sky. Not a cloud in sight.

A few patches of dirt dotted the stone landscape, with massive trees growing in them. The trees were thick and nearly black, with dark green leaves. Jake walked a few feet from the shuttle and jabbed the tip of the device into the stone, then pressed the large button to activate it. The machine roared to life, shooting a hollow metal drill into the rock. The drill went down into the surface a few feet, before heaving itself back up, and folding neatly into the body of the device.

Jake turned back to the open door of the shuttle.

"Sample collected!" he said.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 am

Ruwen was quietly on the Ship, ready to help with the dipomocy, "I hope this group of Crystals is more willing to talk, i dislike having to fight my own people"