[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
United781

Re: [OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby United781 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Just wondering, where can I find the music used in the Order sectors? Was it made by the original mod creators or was it found online. Its really nice and it'd be nice to have a copy of it or something like that. Thanks!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:07 am

United781 wrote:Just wondering, where can I find the music used in the Order sectors? Was it made by the original mod creators or was it found online. Its really nice and it'd be nice to have a copy of it or something like that. Thanks!

The Order sector music was made by Kieve originally intended for use in their was-upcoming mod FTL: Incursion, but work stopped happening on that -- it was abandoned.

uh... so the creators of Arsenal+ didn't actually ask Kieve for permission (as they didn't ask permission for use of various graphical assets... :roll:), but by sector the tracks are:

Order Controlled/HAL Controlled
  • Slow Burn (explore)
  • Hard Burn (combat)
    -
  • Nebula Haste (explore)
  • Nebula Haze (combat)
    -
  • Nebula Grinder (explore)
  • Nebula Grit (combat)
Order Stronghold
  • Demiurge
HAL Coreworlds
  • Incursor

you can find a full playlist of the to-be tracks for FTL: Incursion,

here on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... MMnyoGoRUY

here on soundcloud, one track appears to be missing unless I miscounted, https://soundcloud.com/kievekrs/tracks

I'll just note that you can rename the resource pack to a .zip file and extract it, then find all the music of Arsenal+ in resource_pack/audio/music
mendesrosaa01

Postby mendesrosaa01 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:10 am

You have really done a great work. I must appreciate it.
austinewilliame

Postby austinewilliame » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 am

You have done such a great work. I like your idea of sharing this.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:48 pm

So few reviews, and these reviews from bots! :( :? :lol:
Image Image Image
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:49 am

bamalf wrote:So few reviews, and these reviews from bots! :( :? :lol:

I love Arsenal and all the hard work you and the others do
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:06 am

Oh thanks! :)
Image Image Image
mr_easy_money

Re: [OVERHAUL]Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:38 am

The following mods have been updated:
(Arsenal+ is NOT compatible with FTL 1.6.1+, yet)

English Data 1.4.2
Made some better weapon descriptions, fixed the names of weapons you see on the main HUD so they no longer conflict with the icons that can be there, some very minor event fixes, and changed the name of the Border Sector to "The Border".

English Resource Pack v1.25.3 v2
Fixed the off-sync error between the battle and explore themes of the music in the Border Sector.

DLC Ship pack #3
This ship pack came out about a week ago, https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... _mstislav/ Now in English, you can enjoy these amazing looking ships! Take a look at the room interiors... you may notice something different about the manning stations 8-).

---
------
---------

In other news...

FTL 1.6 came out, and that means things will need to be updated. I've started working on this, there are some big issues that need to be resolved somehow:
  1. Font problems.
    Since this is originally a Russian mod, Cyrillic font support needs to be added. unfortunately, FTL 1.6 changed the font files from .ttf to .font. currently someone is working on this, https://github.com/D-side/ftl_font
    It would seem it isn't so big a deal for the English version, however, there are some things the russian fonts do add even to the English version -- the Em Dash —, and icons for scrap, missiles, drone parts, and fuel -- for use in event text. For now they'll be replaced in this English version with three dashes and the words in place of the icons, but getting the old fonts back would be really neat. also, there's a smaller version of the text used on the names of weapons in the HUD and elsewhere, though slow found a partial fix to this by using an existing .font file in place of another
  2. Image problems.
    FTL 1.6 does not like a number of images that are perfectly fine in FTL 1.5 for some unknown reason. The FTL.log file has shown which images these are for the most part, and somehow I've fixed it by creating new files with copy-pasted old contents and exporting them. however, at least one of the planet images is broken, and I've no idea which one, with no way to tell... so many planets...
  3. Audio problems.
    FTL 1.6 apparently does not like .mp3 files anymore. Or maybe Slipstream doesn't like them. In any case, this can be solved by converting the .mp3 files to .ogg or .wav, which the game likes. In addition, some unused vanilla audio files were removed from vanilla, have to add them back (noted by Sleeper here, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&start=6500#p114341)
  4. Images that are no longer used.
    for localization reasons, it seems FTL 1.6 removed the text from images that had them and has made those texts editable in text_misc.xml. this is good, but it also means that old images that are different need to remove the text on them.
What does this all mean? Why are you saying this?
Because this mod will need to be updated to accomodate 1.6 (after all, 1.6 is a good thing). I can probably release this soon, and I've already fixed some of the above. It seems that I just need to...
  1. change the event text icon stuff to words (or make a legend)
  2. locate which planet image is broken and any other images
  3. see if I need to remove/edit any other images to accommodate image text changes, and possibly add some texts in too
...before I can release a compatible version, and make Arsenal+ playable on 1.6! Cheers! :)
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Thanks for being so detailed!
I quoted your discoveries in my Big Changes thread.

mr_easy_money wrote:FTL 1.6 does not like a number of images that are perfectly fine in FTL 1.5 for some unknown reason.
Can you provide examples? If you mean something about the image file format is getting rejected, maybe I can teach Slipstream to warn about them.

mr_easy_money wrote:FTL 1.6 apparently does not like .mp3 files anymore. Or maybe Slipstream doesn't like them.
There was a bug in SMM 1.7/1.8 that corrupted the vanilla civilian sector music as a sideeffect of faulty patching. SMM 1.9 fixed that, and the bug wouldn't have affected sounds added by mods. Other than that, Slipstream doesn't mess with audio content. It just copies.

Confirmed: mp3 is not supported in FTL 1.6.

Source: SIL's sound/decode.c

Code: Select all

static struct {
    const SoundFormat format;
    SoundDecodeOpenFunc *open;
} decode_handlers[] = {
    {SOUND_FORMAT_WAV, decode_wav_open},
    {SOUND_FORMAT_MP3, NULL},  // No cross-platform MP3 decoder available.
#ifdef SIL_SOUND_INCLUDE_OGG
    {SOUND_FORMAT_OGG, decode_ogg_open},
#else
    {SOUND_FORMAT_OGG, NULL},
#endif
};
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Vhati wrote:
mr_easy_money wrote:FTL 1.6 does not like a number of images that are perfectly fine in FTL 1.5 for some unknown reason.
Can you provide examples? If you mean something about the image file format is getting rejected, maybe I can teach Slipstream to warn about them.

yeah there is something about them which makes them not show up, with the null resource image (yellow triangle warning) there instead.

a number of images in Arsenal+'s (current) Resource Pack work fine in 1.5, but when I loaded up the mod in 1.6, I found the following in FTL.log. (if you want to test it yourself, put the current resource pack and data with FTL 1.6 on, and look at the Lanius B. the Lanius B uses "shotgun_strip8_plus.png" and the icon should show up as something wacky)

Code: Select all

Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/crystal_pro_1.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/crystal_pro_2.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/crystal_pro_12.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/crystal_pro_22.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/Queen01.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/effects/slurm_explosion.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/effects/slurm_art_explosion.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/slurm_shot.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/slurm_gun_a.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/slurm_gun_glow.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/slurm_gun_b.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/slurm_gun_c.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/slurm_prototype_bullet_strip4.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/slurm_prototype.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/slurm_prototype_2.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/laser_charger_base_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/laser2_strip12_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/laser3_strip12_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/laser4_strip12_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/laser5_strip12_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/laser6_strip12_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/shotgun_strip8_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/ba_beam_hasta_strip7_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/ba_beam_mace_strip10_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/ba_minelauncher_medium_strip3_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/bomblauncher_1_strip17_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/ion_1_strip8_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/ba_stungun_2_strip3_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/ba_effector_1_new_strip3_plus.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/fire_hell_beam_nemesis.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/ai_core_crystal_player.png
Error! Could not parse file: img/weapons/ai_core_crystal_player_glow.png

along with these, room_weapons_10 in the 3rd DLC Ship Pack addon for Arsenal+ broke and one of the planets broke.

I really don't know what's wrong with them. I previously stated
mr_easy_money wrote:The FTL.log file has shown which images these are for the most part, and somehow I've fixed it by creating new files with copy-pasted old contents and exporting them. however, at least one of the planet images is broken, and I've no idea which one, with no way to tell... so many planets...

but actually it seems just opening them up in GIMP and then overwriting the image (hotkey order: Alt+f then w) fixed the problem. so then I did this for everything in the stars folder just to be safe because one of the planet images broke.

another thing you can see is if you load up the Arsenal+ resource pack with FTL 1.6 installed, for some reason the loading image has a white background not transparent. I did the same overwriting trick and it fixed it. odd problem :?