[Ship] The RAD Fleet vAE.1.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] The RAD Fleet vAE.0.61 (WIP: 17 of 28 done)

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Added the replacement ships for the Type-R Slug and Rock cruisers. All new hull colors have been implemented for the incomplete ships.

Progress is slow, as I don't really set aside much time to work on this. Out of the 11 remaining ships, I only have plans for 4 of them right now.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] The RAD Fleet vAE.0.71 (WIP: 20 of 28 done)

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:53 am

Updated!

The RA fleet is now complete.

RA?

I wonder if I can get the D Fleet done before the year is out...

Edit (Oct. 21, 2015): A month later, and I finally did another ship. It isn't uploaded. I just felt like mentioning how little I've worked on this.

Edit (A few days later): Another ship is done, although it still needs to go through testing. Still not updating the download, but I guess I'll edit the first post for these two ships.

Edit (Oct. 27, 2015): Silently updated to AE.0.82, which includes three more ships. Five ships left to build.

Edit (Nov. 9, 2015): I would've updated to AE.0.93 today, which adds three more ships, but I made a minor mistake. I guess I'll just wait to do the last two ships before releasing another update.

Edit (Nov. 17, 2015): Another ship done and not released. One more to go!
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] The RAD Fleet vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:00 pm

All 28 ships are done.

I don't necessarily like them all, or even know if they are viable. I'm just glad to have it done.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:12 am

Mantis Cruiser: The Chameleon
Crew: 2 Mantis, 1 Engi
A Burst Laser Mark II and an Artemis Missile launcher? Federation colors? It must be the Kestrel!

:lol:
Turbo_Scrooge

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:03 am

I LOVE this. RAD, can you do me a favor and recolor a ship for me? I would like it to be black and orange. I am trying to make a mod for this ship (yes it is from CE, I know), but all I have is GIMP and I am really bad at it. Thanks!
I goof off on superluminal. If I make something cool, the I post it.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Turbo_Scrooge wrote:I LOVE this. RAD, can you do me a favor and recolor a ship for me? I would like it to be black and orange. I am trying to make a mod for this ship (yes it is from CE, I know), but all I have is GIMP and I am really bad at it. Thanks!

It would probably help if you actually specified the ship you wanted recolored; as far as I can tell "this ship" doesn't link to anywhere or display any image.

In any case, I think art requests are ill-suited for ship release threads/working mod release threads.
Turbo_Scrooge

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:20 am

Oops the file didn't upload. nevermind, though, I got a different one from stylesrj
I goof off on superluminal. If I make something cool, the I post it.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:48 am

Someone (unauthorizedintruder) made a post on Reddit: So I won with these pea shooters. Since it looks like mr_easy_money thinks it is the Randtrel mod, I figured I'd post here (I'm not a Reddit user) that it isn't the Randtrel mod. Easy mistake to make, considering they are just recolored hulls with different layouts and starting gear. A victory for the Komodo.

Last edited by RAD-82 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:59 am

RAD-82 wrote:Since it looks like mr_easy_money thinks it is the Randtrel mod, I figured I'd post here (I'm not a Reddit user) that it isn't the Randtrel mod.

ah, I see :oops:

that has been edited now accordingly...
Spudozaurus

Postby Spudozaurus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:25 pm

So I've been playing on this mod on a fresh save, unlocked 14 ships so far, and I've been having a lot of fun. Most ships keep the original theme of their group but with a lot of new ways to play the game, new tools and threats to deal with, and a balance similar to the original game: some ships are quite easy, some others are very hard. After something like 700 hours I kinda grew bored of the original fleet, but the mod really drove me back to the game, thanks for your work!