[SHIP] Lausteiz

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ymeztoix

[SHIP] Lausteiz

Postby Ymeztoix » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi, I made a ship, the "Lausteiz", the Ymezteix (an obvious fictional race or faction created by me) made it for the Federation, it replaces the old Kestrel.

Screenshots:
The Hull

In game with rooms

And without rooms

It comes with +2 reactor energy for future usage. If you see any error, or mistake, something OP, or UP, please let me know. Have a nice day.

Available to buy sistems:
-Artillery
-Cloaking
-Drones
-Hacking
-Teleporter

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8avsk7d73n759 ... z.rar?dl=0
English is not my mother tongue, I learned 99% of it playing videogames, also I'm more interested in other languages right now, so it just gets worse, please help me improve my English by telling me when I make a mistake and I'll try to fix it, thank you.
Arfy

Re: [SHIP] Lausteiz

Postby Arfy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:33 pm

As a first ship -- this thing looks incredible!

The custom engine room appears to not have a glow -- the room image has to have room_ at the start of it.

Either way, it plays like a Kestrel but with level 2 piloting.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:45 pm

I would like a phonetic pronunciation of the race so when I do a LP of this I don't misprounce it, maybe also the pronunciation of Laustiez
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Ymeztoix

Postby Ymeztoix » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Arfy wrote:As a first ship -- this thing looks incredible!

The custom engine room appears to not have a glow -- the room image has to have room_ at the start of it.

Either way, it plays like a Kestrel but with level 2 piloting.

Well, this isn't my first ship, my first ship was the "Fremdkorper" (this one viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27735&hilit=Fremdkorper ), but that was before my PC got broken, 2 years ago, and usually I never finish my ships, they're all projects

I am a very lazy person (you can see that the thumbnail of this ship is just a resized version of the hull), but I try to finish them, and while making them I learn a bit more.

Thanks anyway, I will try to fix the engine room issue, I forgot about that because that room was original for other ship (the "Kelteiz" one), and I put it in this ship for testing.
Last edited by Ymeztoix on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my mother tongue, I learned 99% of it playing videogames, also I'm more interested in other languages right now, so it just gets worse, please help me improve my English by telling me when I make a mistake and I'll try to fix it, thank you.
Ymeztoix

Postby Ymeztoix » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:I would like a phonetic pronunciation of the race so when I do a LP of this I don't misprounce it, maybe also the pronunciation of Laustiez

Well, my nick "Ymeztoix" comes from the Simpsons, just search "Worker and Parasite" on YouTube, maybe russian, but if i can give it a pronunciation, I love languages, and the ficticial language I'm using, is based on a language called "Euskera", which comes from the north of Spain, most of my ships use "-steiz" as a suffix, it comes from the spanish city of "Victoria" which is translated as "Gasteiz" in Euskera, so it would be a spanish accent, knowing you will probably pronounce it as if you were Mexican, I will just write the pronunciation here: "La-oo-st-ey-z", hope that helps.
Ymeztoix

Postby Ymeztoix » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Ymeztoix wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:I would like a phonetic pronunciation of the race so when I do a LP of this I don't misprounce it, maybe also the pronunciation of Laustiez

Well, my nick "Ymeztoix" comes from the Simpsons, just search "Worker and Parasite" on YouTube, maybe russian, but if i can give it a pronunciation, I love languages, and the ficticial language I'm using, is based on a language called "Euskera", which comes from the north of Spain, most of my ships use "-steiz" as a suffix, it comes from the spanish city of "Victoria" which is translated as "Gasteiz" in Euskera, so it would be a spanish accent, knowing you will probably pronounce it as if you were Mexican, I will just write the pronunciation here: "La-oo-st-ey-z", hope that helps.

Oh, and Ymezteix, would be "Ee-Mezteh-eex"
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:15 pm

Well, this isn't my first ship, my first ship was the "Fremdkorper" (this one https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... remdkorper ), but that was before my PC got broken, 2 years ago, and usually I never finish my ships, they're all projects

Ah, yes -- I forgot that you had released that -- sorry ^^
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Nice sprite work, I'll give this one try.
ImageImageImage
Ymeztoix

Postby Ymeztoix » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Jimli_ wrote:Nice sprite work, I'll give this one try.

Thanks
Northern_Warrior

Postby Northern_Warrior » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Although I don't plan on playing right now, I must say, this is one good looking ship. Well done, it fits in FTL very well.