[MOD][WIP] FTL: Hyperspace

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Winderps

[MOD][WIP] FTL: Hyperspace

Postby Winderps » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello everyone! With us kind of having already spoiled it, see here: https://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32239

I guess the secret is out that /u/TheSwiftTiger /u/slowriderxcorps and myself are working on a mod together. But not just any mod, this mod actually aims to replace and rewrite parts of the game's core code to allow things to be made that were never considered possible before.

I know, I know, you've seen and heard this song and dance before, but we think we're different. If you take a look at my post above, you'll see we can already access the game's developer console and even add completely new races

The thing is, we really need an artist, like really badly, so if you can do FTL-style art in any capacity please PM either myself, /u/TheSwiftTiger or /u/slowriderxcorps

(ok yeah I just basically copied my post from reddit but it's been a long time since I used bbcode and I can't remember how to tag other users so sue me)
bamalf

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Hyperspace

Postby bamalf » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:52 am

Can we get new systems with you mod?
Image Image Image
Winderps

Postby Winderps » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:26 am

bamalf wrote:Can we get new systems with you mod?

Currently, we haven't programmed it in, but yes! It's possible (and next on the list of features) to add new systems
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:15 am

Nice to hear that! Well, our artist from the arsenal+ team made this animation for a new fire race (work in progress still).
Image Image Image
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:28 pm

Okay, the sprite for the new race is completely ready, you can use it if you want. It replaces the race Lanius currently.
Download: https://yadi.sk/d/tUokbM9s3MNMph
Image Image Image
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 pm

*drinking cup of water while surfing the FTL forums*
*sees post*
*clicks it*
*does spit take on laptop*
*clicks on link to other page about new stuff*
*does another spit take on laptop*
I have some art in the FTL Shipyard, PLEASE feel free to use any of it whatsoever. I also have an abandoned pixel sprite of a Lanius-Engi hybrid (my avatar) and if you would like me to continue that I'd totally be willing to do so.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.