[Spoiler] FTL Profile/SavedGame Editor v27 (2018-01-12)

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
masternoob

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v25 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby masternoob » Sun May 07, 2017 2:10 am

please help when i use it i cant find my profile all my ftl folder has is my mods
masternoob

Postby masternoob » Sun May 07, 2017 2:31 am

i cant find my ftl profile in my fasterthanlight folder all it has in it is this mod
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Thu May 11, 2017 7:03 am

I wish I had discovered this handy tool earlier. I reached sector 8 in every ship before I got advanced edition but the previous runs didn't count toward unlocking type C ships, so I've been painfully slogging through ships I've already beat the game with, just trying to access the new content.
PiratedChaos

Postby PiratedChaos » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with this program. Back in the old days I used to cheat my way to winning all the time. Now it just functions as a way to delete my ftl: ce infinite progress. ;)
Won on Hard: All ships! :D
Won on CE Hard: Kestrel A, Engi C, Federation B, Zoltan C, Slug A, Rock B
DeathWolf

Postby DeathWolf » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:36 am

Please help, I am on a Mac Sierra v10.12.5, and whenever I open FTLProfileEditor.command, it gives me:

Code: Select all

Last login: Sun Oct 29 11:11:41 on ttys000
Sagas-MacBook-Pro:~ sagachandra$ /Users/sagachandra/Downloads/FTL\ Profile\ Editor\ v25-Unix/FTLProfileEditor.command ; exit;
INFO  FTLProfileEditor - Using FTL dats path from config: /Applications/Games/FTL.app/Contents/Resources
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException
   at net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor.guiInit(FTLProfileEditor.java:190)
   at net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor.access$000(FTLProfileEditor.java:30)
   at net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor$1.run(FTLProfileEditor.java:47)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:313)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:764)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:717)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:711)
   at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:89)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:734)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:199)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
   at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXBException
   at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:185)
   at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:496)
   ... 17 more
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

After that, Java opens, and after a few seconds, closes.

However, the profile-editor-log.txt seems fine.

11:23:10.111 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - FTL Profile Editor v25
11:23:10.113 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - Mac OS X 10.12.5
11:23:10.113 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, 9.0.1, x86_64
11:23:10.194 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - Using FTL dats path from config: /Applications/Games/FTL.app/Contents/Resources

Thank you for your time and I hope you can fix this problem.
Louana04

Postby Louana04 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:30 am

Vhati wrote:Also known as the "ComaToes Profile/SavedGame Editor", this is a 3rd-party tool to edit user files. It depends on resources from the game directory, but the game itself will not be modified.

With this, you can unlock any or all ships and achievements in your user profile, or tweak most aspects of saved games: crew, systems, weapons, fires, breaches, etc.

Status
FTL 1.01-1.03.3: "prof.sav" and "continue.sav", are fully editable.
FTL 1.5.4-1.5.13: "ae_prof.sav" is fully editable.
FTL 1.5.4-1.5.13: "continue.sav" is only partially editable. Ships CAN be edited (excluding systems/weapons/drones).

Many values in Advanced Edition have not been deciphered (they're labeled with greek letters and question marks). If you see one and recognize its meaning, post here with your suggestion! Diehard researchers may even compare dumps of backups over time with WinMerge to highlight changes that coincide with events in-game.

AE PROFILES ARE FULLY EDITABLE
AE SAVED GAMES ARE PARTIALLY EDITABLE

Download

Version 25 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 24 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 23 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 22 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 21 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 20 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 18 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux] (Very stable, from before AE-related bugs: for FTL 1.03.3 and earlier)

The code is on GitHub so you can review it (or contribute :) ) here.

Donations

I can accept PayPal donations here, or arrange something via PM, if you feel inclined.
That would be fantastic.

Usage
  • Exit FTL. The game must NOT be running. (It can be at the Main Menu if you're careful.)
  • Double-click FTLProfileEditor.exe (Windows).
    Or FTLProfileEditor.command (Mac/Linux).
  • On the first run, you may be prompted to locate your FTL data file. This is called "data.dat" in the "resources" directory under your FTL install. In most cases, this should be located automatically.
  • Switch to the appropriate tab: "Profile" or "Saved Game".
  • Open a profile (ae_prof.sav / prof.sav) or saved game (continue.sav).
  • Make any desired changes.
  • Save, and close the editor.
  • Fire up FTL and try out your new ship.
prêt
Requirements
  • Link: Java (1.6 or higher).
  • Link: FTL (1.01-1.03.1 or 1.5.4-1.5.13, Windows/OSX/Linux, Steam/GOG/Standalone).
  • WinXP SP1 can't run Java 1.7.
    (1.7 was built with VisualStudio 2010, causing a DecodePointer error.)
    To get 1.6, you may have to google "jdk-6u45-windows-i586.exe".

Troubleshooting
  • Paste the contents of "profile-editor-log.txt" between [ code ] tags in a reply on this thread.

screenshot05.png

screenshot02.png

screenshot04.png

- - -

After 3 months of inactivity on github stalled the release of v12, I started this new thread to continue managing the project. Here's a link to the previous thread.

Thank you for all these informations :)
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:25 am

DeathWolf wrote:Please help, I am on a Mac Sierra v10.12.5, and whenever I open FTLProfileEditor.command, it gives me:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException

I'm guessing you're running the new Java 9. Basically the editor depends on a part of Java that will become opt-in as of Java 9 - thus the editor crashes looking for it. I've got a fix in place for my next release (which I've returned this month to work on again). :)

For now, you can fix the launcher script yourself.

You'll need to open "FTLProfileEditor.command" with a no-frills text editor and scroll to the end. Change this line

java -jar FTLProfileEditor.jar;

to this

java -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions --add-modules=java.xml.bind -jar FTLProfileEditor.jar;

Alternatively, you could switch to Java 1.8.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:41 am

U GOT OWNED wrote:when you select a room on the my ship section of the editor. what does the station tick box do ?
I haven't tinkered to know what, if anything, happens when you mess with that. My notes only say that it is ticked when a system is installed. Or what happens if zero or multiple squares are ticked.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:49 am

r543 wrote:Sorry to ask, but is this still being worked on?
It is now. ;)

r543 wrote:missing feature, on the General Stats [...] Lanius isn't a option.
Ha! Thanks, I'll fix that.

r543 wrote:While checking the dump I also noticed that the Lanius/Crystal C(ships which don't exist) default to easy instead of N/A.
Edit: I'm not sure what this means. Can you elaborate?
Edit: I think I see. Creating a PLAYER_SHIP_ANAEROBIC_VICTORY achievement by going to the Ship Stats tab and setting Lanius-B's "V" button to normal... will create the achievement for BOTH B and C.
Edit: Found it! A silly typo in the code that prints an achievement's values for the dump. It was printing B's value a second time instead of C's real value.

r543 wrote:Also what's Newbie Tip Level?
There are tutorial messages that only appear the first time you do something: the first time unlocking a ship (the ship list button will be highlighted), then after clicking the ship list. That flag is how FTL remembers not to show you the messages again.

Level == SHIPS_UNLOCKED (misc.xml:tutorial_list_open):
You've unlocked a new ship!

Click on the LIST button to see your current ships and find out how to unlock more.
Level == SHIP_LIST_INTRO (misc.xml:list_tutorial & list_tutorial_2):
This is the ship list. Here you can get a summary of all of your achievements and see your progress in unlocking all of the playable ships.

For veteran players of FTL, you'll see there are some changes from the original style.
- - -
To unlock a new ship, you have two options:

Find and complete a unique quest within the game world. These will often start in the 'homeworld' sectors.

Alternatively, beat the game with the previous ship in the list to unlock the next.

Hover over any ship to get more details!
When FTL loads an original "prof.sav", it migrates to an "ae_prof.sav" and sets the newbie level to SHIP_LIST_INTRO, skipping the first message.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:14 pm

@Gencool:
Gencool wrote:So, this is from a mod i'm working on;
Running a custom ship

The editor needs to see the same mods installed that were present when FTL created the SavedGame.

@DragonMarine:
How did you do that (having locked ships AND having their ship achievements) in the firat place?

All your ships are locked, so seeing that, the editor would omit ship achievements when it saves. The 'error' was about potential loss of that info as you opened the profile.

My puzzlement: If you had locked them with the editor, the achievements shouldn't have been there to see when you open the second time.

@XeroZeal:
You ran the editor, clicked "Dump", switched the file list from (*.txt) to (all files), and overwrote your profile "ae_prof.sav" with plain text describing the editor's empty profile. I guess I should add a warning not to do that.

You'll need to delete "ae_prof.sav" and start a new game.