[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Stormbringer

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:37 am

elijahdb wrote::shock:
Wow, that is depressing. I was really looking forward to this being a mod. Do you not have a copy of the FTL blueprints and images on some other computer, USB stick, etc.?
When I have more time in my schedule I'd be willing to try FTL coding out to help you guys get this thing back in gear. I have ideas, and I have a few hulls I'd totally be willing to donate, such as my Type C hulls. I also have another dark brown variant of the Crystal Rock ships you could use, it includes gibs and cloaking. Heck, I'm even working on a race sprite you guys could use. Just ask.

yaz agreed
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
StarGuy96

Postby StarGuy96 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:02 pm

where is the link for download? or is the mod not out yet? this looks so cool I really want to try it out
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:39 am

StarGuy96 wrote:where is the link for download? or is the mod not out yet? this looks so cool I really want to try it out

This is what happened.
R4V3-0N wrote:Anthonest was starting to get back right in it awhile ago however unfortunately a virus came in and ruined everything.
xml.append is okay.
weapons art is okay.
events are okay.

Ships are gone, animations are gone, etc...
He's given up with it and I guess we can try to continue it or attempt to do another overhaul, I know many of you guys were waiting for a good overhaul...
I do have some hull images and tthere are some posted here, but we got no gibs.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Hey guys, Anthonest here. The mod is dead, not because I stopped making it, a cryptolocker virus came through and destroyed my pc as I know it. Im sure you all want an explanation for my mod's demise.

During the latter half of 2016 and 2017, I was going through a very dark period of my life, moving around alot, working, funerals, etc, prevented me from investing a good amount of time into the mod. Even though it had been quite a bit before all of this that I quit working on the mod, it was still in the back of my mind. Around January my living situation had finally settled down, and I booted up my PC for the first time in months, I looked at the mod files, rebriefed myself with where I was when I left, what left had to be done, and how I would go about it. I spent the next week or so planning, while at work I would ponder what I wanted to get done, it wouldn't take long either if things went my way.

Apparently life thought me too ambitious, a cryptolocker virus hit me almost immediately as I started my work. My computer was basically unusable, all files --even txt and xml files-- were inaccessible. The virus demanded I pay an obscenely large amount of money to unlock my files, a sum I could not afford. I tried everything possible to save my files, I must have went through dozens of anti-virus programs, all failed. In the end I transferred all of my important files, including the mod, to an external hard drive and wiped my computer. I reinstalled windows, transferred my files, and sighed.

Every file of importance was corrupted beyond repair. I had roughly 50 xml files of considerable length, all gone. Every image, hull, shield or cloak was corrupted. Nothing survived, absolutely nothing. Roughly 200-300 hours of work have been put into making this mod for you guys, and it was all wiped out in the span of a single day.

The mod is dead, may it rest in peace. I may have bit off more than i could chew, but believe me when I say I was determined to see it finished, and perhaps it would have if not for the virus. To this day I still spend most of my time working, I doubt I will ever return to a project like this in the foreseeable future. This is goodbye everyone, i've enjoyed my time with the mod more than you could know, the sum of all my developing ambition has been invested into this mod, along with many sleepless nights. Perhaps someone will come out with an even better mod than this, until then, cheers.

-Anthonest.
fdagpigj

Postby fdagpigj » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:10 pm

How come you spent 200-300 hours without making at least occasional off-drive backups? Sorry to say but that is just stupid.
isla

Postby isla » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, Anthonest. That's awful.
CurseDC

Postby CurseDC » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:45 pm

To the knob-end that created the crytolocker that targeted Antho,
I hope you're happy. You have single-handedly ruined someone's hard work, wasted their time and ultimately put a grounding halt to what was to be an amazing overhaul and project by Anthonest and R4V3-0N. AND you've ruined the lives of several other people by deleting personal and important files. Yet again, I hope you're happy ya wanker.

To Antho and R4V3
It's such a shame. I was looking forward to this mod and I'm sorry to hear it.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:02 pm

{REQUESTING TRANSMISSION}

{TRANSMISSION ACCEPTED]

{BEGIN TRANSMISSION}

...Hello? Is anyone there? If anyone is still subscribed to this post, I have sore need of modders for something special.

{TRANSMISSION END}
CurseDC

Postby CurseDC » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Anthonest wrote:I have sore need of modders for something

Im interested. I'm more begginner level but I can help with most aspects of modding
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:58 am

CurseDC wrote:
Anthonest wrote:I have sore need of modders for something

Im interested. I'm more begginner level but I can help with most aspects of modding

https://discord.gg/TzyrJAC

Join my discord.