[SHIP][WIP]USS Defiant

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [WIP][SHIP]USS Defiant

Postby speedoflight » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Metzelmax wrote:As far as i can tell, the engine room cant be manned - the guy just stands there not working and the status says not manned.

And the medroom can only have 1 patient at at time in it. Lost a game against 4 invading mantis cause of that^^

er?

I always have 1 crew member manning engines. When u see the guy doing nothing is because the shield is affected by some ion weapon. But engines can be manned, of course. Thats the reason the guy siloutte is over the power bar..

And medbays can have 3 patients at a time. I always heal a minimum of 2 crew members at a time. I always do the same thing, i pick 2 member, i fight intruders and when i see they going to die, i go to the medbay, i heal em and i go again to fight intruders. And they both are healed. I really didnt pay attention, but maybe when u only have 1 power on medbay u can only heal 1. But i dont think so..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Metzelmax

Re: [WIP][SHIP]USS Defiant

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:35 pm

speedoflight wrote:
Metzelmax wrote:As far as i can tell, the engine room cant be manned - the guy just stands there not working and the status says not manned.

And the medroom can only have 1 patient at at time in it. Lost a game against 4 invading mantis cause of that^^

er?

I always have 1 crew member manning engines. When u see the guy doing nothing is because the shield is affected by some ion weapon. But engines can be manned, of course. Thats the reason the guy siloutte is over the power bar..

And medbays can have 3 patients at a time. I always heal a minimum of 2 crew members at a time. I always do the same thing, i pick 2 member, i fight intruders and when i see they going to die, i go to the medbay, i heal em and i go again to fight intruders. And they both are healed. I really didnt pay attention, but maybe when u only have 1 power on medbay u can only heal 1. But i dont think so..

You notice this was posted a month ago?
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
CaulkLiquor

Re: [SHIP][WIP]USS Defiant

Postby CaulkLiquor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Dude, keep it up this is a kick ass ship!
Crazybat

Postby Crazybat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Per the recommendation from Chrono Vortex, would you at all mind if I had a crack at this old mod and rework the visuals/layouts for AE? I have some ideas for layouts B and C as well.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:01 pm

I doubt he's still around, looks like he hasn't done anything on the forum for about 4 years. I'm sure it'd be ok if you took the liberty as long as you credit him for it.

Also, I hacked together a couple torpedo animations 'cause I thought I might try my hand at finishing this a while back. Feel free to use them if you want.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Crazybat

Postby Crazybat » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:02 am

Those animations seem promising. I dropped off modding again after I failed to properly implement a torpedo artillery system and custom projectile, so that might help wrap things up on that front. I hope you don't mind, but I'm working on my own modification of the ship image - after comparing it to several Defiant class orthos and finding common design points, I'm working on rectifying a few inaccuracies myself.
Crazybat

Postby Crazybat » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Thought I'd post my WIP images for this mod's 'revival' so to speak. Layout A is the standard Defiant Class, Layout B is the USS Monitor, a stealth ship featured in a few noncanon novels.
Any and all feedback is appreciated - as well as ideas for Layout C.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:41 am

Crazybat wrote:I dropped off modding again after I failed to properly implement a torpedo artillery system and custom projectile, so that might help wrap things up on that front.

I'd be happy to help you implement anything you need help with if it's a matter of code.

Crazybat wrote:Any and all feedback is appreciated - as well as ideas for Layout C.

They look really good! I've been thinking a borgified ship would be pretty cool, if that sounds like something you'd want to do for the C.
Crazybat

Postby Crazybat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:00 am

Chrono Vortex wrote:They look really good! I've been thinking a borgified ship would be pretty cool, if that sounds like something you'd want to do for the C.

I remember an actual assimilated USS Monitor as a Star Trek Legacy mod. Might be an idea - I remember you couldn't go five seconds without tripping over assimilated ship mods when the filefront sites for BC and Legacy were still up.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 pm

How goes the project? Any updates for us?