FTL "Continue" data for Mac?

General discussion about the game.
JakeCollins

FTL "Continue" data for Mac?

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:07 am

Hello! I am looking for the file where FTL stores game progress. (Not achievements or stats, but progress within a play through)
Where does FTL store this "continue data?" I am running "FTL: Advanced Edition," on Mac. Straight-up. (No steam, or GOG, or whatever. It's simply the application downloaded from the FTL site. Pure and simple.)
A simple google showed a lot of results where the continue data is stored if you have FTL on steam. I just have the application. Don't be shy, I'm a programmer and I'm willing to do a little hunting through the backwaters of my system to find this data. (I trudge through the sewage of my computer system all the time.)

The reason I am asking is so I can have the continue data stored in dropbox. That way, I can pick up where I left off no matter what Mac computer I'm on. (Desktop VS Laptop, they both have Dropbox and FTL)

Any help would be epic!

Wesley Sappington, Eyesight Creator and Technical Director
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
mr_easy_money

Re: FTL "Continue" data for Mac?

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:20 am

viewtopic.php?t=1892

the continue file should be in the same directory as the profile location. obviously, you need to have started a game and save+quitted it for there to be a continue file.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:18 am

I found it!

It's found in Root (Harddrive) > Users > USERNAME > Library > Application Support > FasterThanLight > continue.sav

Is there any way I could get this file to sync with dropbox, so it updates (via dropbox) on all computers? (As in I can pick up where I left off on my MacBook on my iMac)

Thanks in advance! :D
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:17 am

Use a symlink, make sure to backup your file, first. Not sure if you should put the original there, or just the link.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:33 pm

meklozz wrote:Use a symlink, make sure to backup your file, first. Not sure if you should put the original there, or just the link.

I made a symlink using Terminal! Well actually, I made two. One symlink for each computer. Thanks!
Mendel

Postby Mendel » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Just to note: steam version seems to have cloud saving support. Well, I havent tested it but it seems like when I quit the game it does the cloud saving thing.
isla

Postby isla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Mendel wrote:Just to note: steam version seems to have cloud saving support. Well, I havent tested it but it seems like when I quit the game it does the cloud saving thing.

It does, it just has to be enabled.