FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.29/Inf 1.28/EL 1.286

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:{Auron 1's} last screenshot was meant to point out that text clobbering still happens, right?

also isn't the description for the nano-bot danger a little funky? --> should be: "you're" instead of "you'r", "all systems will be jammed" instead of "all system will be jammed" (one s)
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Sleeper, I'd have some suggestions

1) No Shops.
In my last 2~3 runs, I found extremely difficult to find a shop in some sectors. Occasionally there were none of them; once, maybe twice, I found 3 shops close to each other (but usually with few Fuel to sell).

2) The Curator.
Its event is lame. I have to travel all around the sector in order to collect several items, but the reward is often poor: a fist of scrap, an AI (if you collected everything) and occasionally an Augmentation.How about something more?

3) The Mantis invasion fleet.
Destroying an entire invasion fleet, or possibly decimating it, should result in A LOT of items to collect, but you only grab a tiny part. Why don't you add the option to spend more time gathering items? I'd even say to add two options: (A) gather supplies for a short amount of time → Rebel fleet advancing 2x faster for 1 turn, and (B) gather supplies for a long amount of time → Rebel fleet advancing 2x faster for 2 turns.

4) Special Augmentations
Would be possible to obtain (via event, maybe) Zoltan Shield, Slug Repair Gel, Mantis Pheromones and Rock Plating augmentations? I know there is a problem, because all those parts grant a special effect related to each race, meaning you could fly a "peaceful" zoltan ship with Rock plating and thus being able to commit piracy acts flawlessly. The idea would be to make a "mark II" version of those augmentations, without the race bonuses.

One last thing, maybe a bug.

I found this ship in a non-AI sector, and there were 3 options available:
1) board and check out
2) scrap it
3) leave

I chose the first option, but nothing happened.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:36 pm

3) The Mantis invasion fleet.
Destroying an entire invasion fleet, or possibly decimating it, should result in A LOT of items to collect, but you only grab a tiny part. Why don't you add the option to spend more time gathering items? I'd even say to add two options: (A) gather supplies for a short amount of time → Rebel fleet advancing 2x faster for 1 turn, and (B) gather supplies for a long amount of time → Rebel fleet advancing 2x faster for 2 turns.

And also it should mean that more Mantis teleport onboard the longer you linger. With maybe the high-reward gathering guaranteeing a Mantis boarding party that a Teleporter Disruptor doesn't block (they boarded directly.)

4) Special Augmentations
Would be possible to obtain (via event, maybe) Zoltan Shield, Slug Repair Gel, Mantis Pheromones and Rock Plating augmentations? I know there is a problem, because all those parts grant a special effect related to each race, meaning you could fly a "peaceful" zoltan ship with Rock plating and thus being able to commit piracy acts flawlessly. The idea would be to make a "mark II" version of those augmentations, without the race bonuses.

Without the race bonuses? Do you mean a Zoltan Shield without the Zoltan attached or do you want to do diplomacy like a Zoltan without the shield? Because the former isn't possible, the latter is.
So that means the Zoltan Shield always means peace...
I wish buying artillery made your ship count as part of that race (Kestrel Artillery makes you a high-ranking ship, Mantis artillery makes you a Mantis ship, etc) but that's not going to happen even though the Artillery on most of the ships pretty much suck.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.291/Inf 1.28/EL 1.286

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:48 pm

CE Resource Pack 1.291
- Corrected some typos in background tooltips

CE Update 1.291
- Corrected typos in some events
- Added one blue option for artillery system
- Slightly increased second reward for Mantis Invasion Convoy event
- Slightly increased rewards for curator quest
- Fixed ghost ship event

stylesrj wrote:And also it should mean that more Mantis teleport onboard the longer you linger. With maybe the high-reward gathering guaranteeing a Mantis boarding party that a Teleporter Disruptor doesn't block (they boarded directly.)
I like that idea, but this won't feel that "tiered" as you basically just have to deal with more borders once the event actually concludes. It would also add more uncanniness of Mantis boarders hanging around your ship while salvaging for standard hours, or whatever time frame FTL operates in.

God, messing around with FTL events feels super weird now, I constantly have to repress the HA urge of writing everything in past tense...

Auron1 wrote:Would be possible to obtain (via event, maybe) Zoltan Shield, Slug Repair Gel, Mantis Pheromones and Rock Plating augmentations? I know there is a problem, because all those parts grant a special effect related to each race, meaning you could fly a "peaceful" zoltan ship with Rock plating and thus being able to commit piracy acts flawlessly. The idea would be to make a "mark II" version of those augmentations, without the race bonuses.
Unfortunately, that's not possible coding wise.

Auron1 wrote:I found this ship in a non-AI sector, and there were 3 options available:
1) board and check out
2) scrap it
3) leave
I chose the first option, but nothing happened.
Event is intended to be there, but the option should be fixed now.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:39 am

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Resource Pack 1.291
God, messing around with FTL events feels super weird now, I constantly have to repress the HA urge of writing everything in past tense...

:D Everytime I hear something about HA it gets me very excited, even if it's something as little as "everything in past tense".
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:49 am

stylesrj wrote:Without the race bonuses? Do you mean a Zoltan Shield without the Zoltan attached or do you want to do diplomacy like a Zoltan without the shield? Because the former isn't possible, the latter is.
So that means the Zoltan Shield always means peace...

If I buy a Zoltan shield, there is no reason for which I should use diplomacy.
But it seems something impossible if Sleeper understood correctly what I wrote. :|
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:47 pm

I'd have another suggestion.

1) Mantis camp
Sometimes you find a distress signal where you are asked to travel to a "near" Mantis camp to gather some intelligence: when you try to leave, sometimes you get busted and you have to fight. It would be nice to have blue options if you have the Stealth system or the Drone system.
What do you think sleeper?

A bug, maybe.
1) Rockmen insurrection
Seldom you find a rockmen planet where "students" and authorities are facing each other. Every time I helped one of them, I eventually lost at least one crew member. However, this happened even when I had the Clone Bay system. Now, the problem is to understand if my crew member "died" or was taken prisoner, meaning he is still alive and thus cannot be cloned.

Except the typo on the word "Maneuver", is it normal the black background?

EDIT:
as for the "music addon", I have used it twice, but I don't recall hearing anything different from the standard background musics... :?:
Last edited by Auron1 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Auron1 wrote:1) Mantis camp
Sometimes you find a distress signal where you are asked to travel to a "near" Mantis camp to gather some intelligence: when you try to leave, sometimes you get busted and you have to fight. It would be nice to have blue options if you have the Stealth system or the Drone system.
What do you think sleeper?
Already has blue event initially, I think the event is well served.

Auron1 wrote:Seldom you find a rockmen planet where "students" and authorities are facing each other. Every time I helped one of them, I eventually lost at least one crew member. However, this happened even when I had the Clone Bay system. Now, the problem is to understand if my crew member "died" or was taken prisoner, meaning he is still alive and thus cannot be cloned.
Will be investigated.

Gidoza wrote:Question - is there a list being gathered to fix typos in various events? I'm still encountering a fair few and wouldn't mind contributing if possible.
We have a gir repo for that: https://github.com/sleeper-service-CE/F ... cking-2016 but you can also directly report them in the thread, best in bulk and with mention of how things should be changed.

Gidoza wrote:Firstly - as has always been the case, some weapons are just never worth using or buying. Of course, emergency situations can change this, but sometimes even that doesn't make it worthwhile. I'm scribbling a list of items with suggested modifications to make things a bit more even across the board, while still retaining each item's uniqueness and not being overly anal about making everything perfectly on the same plane. What this requires, though, is that some of the Vanilla weapons be edited, too. I know you didn't really want to go there, but it really does annoy me. Certain situations are just sad...
Well you already gather that, like the devs, I don't think that the game becomes more interesting if its balance is more symmetrical.

Gidoza wrote:However, in CE, it seems like there's a heck of alot more Empty Beacons, to the point that instead of having RNG issues fighting against you, bad luck with empty beacons has become normative, and the lack of Scrap in such situations can often be devastating.
The amount of empty beacons is the same as in vanilla. Event distribution for vanilla sectors is unchanged and CEs new sector event lists are based on vanilla sectors.

Gidoza wrote:whereas in Vanilla you of course didn't always get the Drone you wanted (and this is normal RNG behavior); in CE, the chances of getting something awful are so high that it's never worth the investment.
Most of this comes down to that I ultimately believe that success in the game is tied to making due with what you can get. You are not supposed to get the drone that you want and playing like that will backfire in hard vanilla as well.

Thanks for the feedback so far. If you have concrete suggestions on what should be changed how and why I'm happy to hear it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:21 pm

I think I'm in agreement with Gidoza about one thing - the stores are cluttered with useless garbage that makes the chances of getting something useful very low.
Perhaps some manufacturing augments should be restricted to be constructed only on the ship. Hell maybe it doesn't even need to be an augment. Set the event to "Drone Control" or "Missile Weapon" and have us spend a lot of Scrap building the weapons required like a more expensive store (or would that be overpowered/hard to script and thus requires the augments for those reasons?)

Maybe other "civilian" augments could constructed on the ship at an empty beacon rather than having to be bought in a store. And they can be sold for a pittance without affecting store prices.

I'm on the fence about weapons balance though. FTL typically screws me over with only selling missiles or beams when I need a means of taking down enemy shields... but it does mean the 3-shot Flak and the Burst Laser II are becoming an endangered species.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:24 pm

I went to download the new version and noticed the quotes on CE from reddit are both the same.