[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:15 am

The_Bear wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:But anyway, I have heard word that this is still a WIP, a massive undertaking but a WIP... I keep encouraging on releasing a water down 'beta test' version but he insists on releasing it finished.

He could at least give us some updates.

understandable, he sort of bit more then he can chew sort of in this project, not that it's farfetched. It's just he underestimated the time used to make it. Personally I can't help him right now as 3 of my Pc's simultaneously died in the past 2 months and lost any progressed on my, his/ collaborations etc that I had made.
He is also looking into work as a digital designer while I am sort of bogged down with academic related stress and such. But I will poke at him to tell him more want his mode out.

I have heard though that the WIP is currently playable, with new weapons, ships, and I think events. I suggested making it a WIP be released as a beta test or a teaser but he refuses to release anything not finished yet unlike my ideas for my mod overhaul which is release my mod in portions so if it dies, or I get to busy, guys can still enjoy my mods and such.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Soooo... is this mod dead then? Or in development hell? Its been a while since Ant has said anything about it, and from what I can see its been a while since the last significant update. Would be shame if that were so, seems like a neat overhaul mod. It would be fun to have more overhaul mods rather than just CE and Descent into Darkness.
ImageImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Jimli_ wrote:Soooo... is this mod dead then? Or in development hell? Its been a while since Ant has said anything about it, and from what I can see its been a while since the last significant update. Would be shame if that were so, seems like a neat overhaul mod. It would be fun to have more overhaul mods rather than just CE and Descent into Darkness.

Sadly this mod is sort of not that far away from finishing but a lot of tedious parts remain and lots of untested events. Anthonest basically hated the whole event coding overhaul as not only does he want to replace nearly every event but also the rebels which is harder then it seems as so many events rebel specific are hidden in very odd places.

I guess it is in dev hell. He hopes that it is forgotten but me constantly reminding him and others telling him when will it be done just turns that hope into a nightmare. Originally he was meant to help me make a overhaul mod later however I do not want to engage in that a lone. Sadly I think the bigger problem is that he is alone and bit off more work then CE as he wanted to literally replace all events, texts, and mentions of the rebels which in itself is a huge job. CE only compliments and supplements the existing content which is why it works so well as an overhaul mod and is very attractive. I will push again for Anthonest to release his mod in some form or another. If anything I will take over the project and just polish it up to be a ship replacement mod and weapons pack and just replace the word "Federation" with Arcadian or something in all the events and post it up as a 'uber alpha version'. hopefully that is not the finally release.

Sadly overhaul mods take a lot of time and hard to do by yourself. That's why I didn't finish mine, that's why FoTF isn't finished... etc
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:32 am

Anthonest knows that there's an event maker out there that gentasaurus made, right? Because that would be a total help for him.

Here's the link --> http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29672
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:52 am

elijahdb wrote:Anthonest knows that there's an event maker out there that gentasaurus made, right? Because that would be a total help for him.

Here's the link --> http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29672

He started the mod and 'killed' the mod ages before that event maker was out. (even then- the Event maker can't do as many things as you can otherwise.)
The other thing is he still needs to de-root all those standard events and stuff... I have raised it to his awareness but yea...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:04 pm

I mean he could just say that the project is cancelled due to aforementioned reasons. Like you said, the rebels pop up in all sorts of unexpected places, and changing literally every event is very hard to do, let alone balance for optimal gameplay.

I think conversion mods are best kept to things that add on to the game instead of replacing stuff, that way pre-release versions can be open for testing without leaving the game feeling incomplete.
ImageImageImage
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:49 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:He started the mod and 'killed' the mod ages before that event maker was out. (even then- the Event maker can't do as many things as you can otherwise.)
The other thing is he still needs to de-root all those standard events and stuff... I have raised it to his awareness but yea...

Gotcha.

Do you think he could post the data to all that he's done so other people could pick it up, or does it want to keep it to himself?
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:08 pm

elijahdb wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:He started the mod and 'killed' the mod ages before that event maker was out. (even then- the Event maker can't do as many things as you can otherwise.)

Gotcha.

Do you think he could post the data to all that he's done so other people could pick it up, or does it want to keep it to himself?

I will poke at him for that, however I do have some of the hulls and a lot of the weapons (as most of them are from my weapon packs and expansion mods) however I do not have all the ships nor all the coding for the weapons, no gibs, and I do not have any of the events and as I said, I could release a watered down version that is just a rebel ship replacer instead of a full-blown overhaul.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:05 am

Anthonest was starting to get back right in it awhile ago however unfortunately a virus came in and ruined everything.
xml.append is okay.
weapons art is okay.
events are okay.

Ships are gone, animations are gone, etc...
He's given up with it and I guess we can try to continue it or attempt to do another overhaul, I know many of you guys were waiting for a good overhaul...
I do have some hull images and tthere are some posted here, but we got no gibs.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:28 am

:shock:
Wow, that is depressing. I was really looking forward to this being a mod. Do you not have a copy of the FTL blueprints and images on some other computer, USB stick, etc.?
When I have more time in my schedule I'd be willing to try FTL coding out to help you guys get this thing back in gear. I have ideas, and I have a few hulls I'd totally be willing to donate, such as my Type C hulls. I also have another dark brown variant of the Crystal Rock ships you could use, it includes gibs and cloaking. Heck, I'm even working on a race sprite you guys could use. Just ask.