[SHIP] The Anarchist

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Auron1

Re: [SHIP] The Anarchist

Postby Auron1 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:41 am

stylesrj wrote:Does the ship start with 6 Power in Weapons? Because that's probably not a good idea. I don't know if enemy encounters are tied to the Reactor or Weapons power, but I've seen two-shielded ships as early as Sector 2 with higher-than-normal weapon systems.

I had to fight against Zoltan ships equipped with their super shields in Sector 1...
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:07 am

Auron1 wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Does the ship start with 6 Power in Weapons? Because that's probably not a good idea. I don't know if enemy encounters are tied to the Reactor or Weapons power, but I've seen two-shielded ships as early as Sector 2 with higher-than-normal weapon systems.

I had to fight against Zoltan ships equipped with their super shields in Sector 1...

That's normal on well- normal mode, as well as hard mode.
Easy sometimes have it but maybe that's part of the scaling...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:31 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
Auron1 wrote:

That's normal on well- normal mode, as well as hard mode.
Easy sometimes have it but maybe that's part of the scaling...

Really? Oh well, I recall fighting them only one or two times, I wasn't expecting such battles to be that common :P
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:35 am

Sleeper Service wrote:For real? I didn't know the game had this kind of adjusting difficulty. That would be a pretty interesting find...

I don't think so. There are many possible builds from no weapon bars to low reactor builds, and I can't say anything relevant ever jumped out. Sometimes you just get the short end of the stick (just entered sector 2, vanilla):
Skeleqrow

Postby Skeleqrow » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:54 pm

Auron1 wrote:Ok, I haven't completed the whole run to test your ship.
An interesting choice is the reduced overall HP amount, but so far the lack of extra systems is not something I was expecting: no system can be installed, not even the extra battery sub-system.
Another interesting choice is to have only 3 weapons + 2 drones... :)

The only other issue I've found is probably this:

(insert large image here)

the ship icon is not centered, but that's a tiny tiny problem.

I kinda rushed the upload and ignored that part, but when I get to my home computer soon enough, I'll work on fixing that.
I don't forum much
Skeleqrow

Postby Skeleqrow » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:57 pm

I dropped it to 3 in V1.1
I don't forum much
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:30 am

Sleeper Service wrote:For real? I didn't know the game had this kind of adjusting difficulty. That would be a pretty interesting find...

Yeah, it happens on Stations Job too where you scrimp and save and get Shield Level 2... then 2-layer shielded enemies pop up.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:42 pm

stylesrj wrote:

Yeah, it happens on Stations Job too where you scrimp and save and get Shield Level 2... then 2-layer shielded enemies pop up.

If that is your evidence, then you seem to be misinformed. Like Infinite Space, you are stuck in the first sector in Stations Job. All enemies are static and can't adjust. The increased enemy difficulty you mention here is provided by the modder, not the actual game mechanics.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:40 pm

RAD-82 wrote:If that is your evidence, then you seem to be misinformed. Like Infinite Space, you are stuck in the first sector in Stations Job. All enemies are static and can't adjust. The increased enemy difficulty you mention here is provided by the modder, not the actual game mechanics.

So how do you increase the difficulty of the first sector if you're stuck in one spot and all your "out of fuel events" are random?
Because I've heard it's either tied to reactor power or weapon power on why you get more difficult ships and the increased difficulty happens very quickly after you get better systems.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:47 pm

stylesrj wrote:
RAD-82 wrote:If that is your evidence, then you seem to be misinformed. Like Infinite Space, you are stuck in the first sector in Stations Job. All enemies are static and can't adjust. The increased enemy difficulty you mention here is provided by the modder, not the actual game mechanics.

So how do you increase the difficulty of the first sector if you're stuck in one spot and all your "out of fuel events" are random?
Because I've heard it's either tied to reactor power or weapon power on why you get more difficult ships and the increased difficulty happens very quickly after you get better systems.

In stations job, out of fuel events are given a reactor check (a level specific requirement using the same mechanic blue options normally do) to generate different kinds of events. They change every 5 levels of reactor form 10 onward. Basically, the same event (well, a number of them) is always launched, and then forks into multiple levels of difficulty.

I think the newer infinite space-type mods use the crystal sector jumping, so they do actually move up in difficulty normally.