One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Stormbringer

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:25 pm

lol riot
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:43 pm

(Should we just continue without him?)
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:55 pm

(Sure)
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:03 pm

(Sounds good)
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:39 pm

((Haven't we already? :P))
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:58 pm

(So who's going to make the continuing post? I can't because I'm installing a weapon. And are we still going with the nano thing)?
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:45 am

Hey now! (You're an all star.. get your game on...)
School happened and I needed 8 days. Now I have INTERNET and TIME, which was required. (Also, please stop rioting. I want this to continue! Please!)

Quintet realized how unresponsive he was. "Oh! Sorry! I had to finish my.. scans. Anyways, a broken FTL drive will emit some pretty undesirable stuff. Let me handle this if you happen to not be made of metal. Otherwise, I actually need your help. Get in the FTL drive room. If you've been in the FTL drive without a suit and you're not metallic, get in the med-bay. It's a quick fix, but you'll morph into horrifying, melted creatures otherwise, which is fine if you really want to, but I don't think you do. Let me and my metal mechanic here handle this one after we get on this moon."
Quintet wheeled his repair drone into the FTL drive room and started tinkering with the drive to shut it off so it can be safely moved.
Well, this is just swimmingly, Quintet thought, Now we're jumping into a mass of federation ships whenever this is reactivated..
At that time, Quintet received a transmission from a nearby ship. It wasn't encoded at all. It contained one message and a file.
"This is what you were looking for, correct?"
Quintet scanned the file and found out what it was. He quickly encoded it and put it in his personal database before sending a reply.
"Hey. Wonder where you've been, Mr... Soong? It's been a very long time and it seems we still have some things to explain. Both of us.
You first."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:55 am

((Yay! You're back. Where's that "Welcome Home" banner?))

Tabitha heard the announcement about the FTL drive room "Well... look like we'll be taking a short stop at the medbay. Would you rather die at the hands or claws of some genetic monstrosity?"
She dragged Steve towards the medbay and found the medical isolation pod for the more serious diseases and threw him in, locking the chamber.
"OK, so now we can't quarantine anyone if they get really, really sick" she remarked "Maybe we could spare some of our Scrap into building another pod in here and perhaps improving the state of the medical equipment. Or we execute the prisoner... but that's not exactly regulation procedure to go about executing POW's who surrendered."
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:39 am

"How about this: We don't kill the POW for now - I can get something out of him - and we simply, say, realize that I said it was a quick fix. None of you had 2nd level contact, so a short sit-down-and-wait should get you back up and running. Now, about the POW. After he gets to a stable sort, and by that time, you'll have left the medbay, and you leave him to me. I've handled hundreds of situations like this in previous wars were POW's were more common than free enemy soldiers. I can get everything I need, keep him alive, and either recruit him, sell him, or make it so they never leave the medbay alive."
Quintet scanned Mrs. Soong's ship. Its FTL was charging. He quickly deployed a hacking drone to keep them from jumping away before sending another message.
"There's no more running. Why would you run? Weren't you the one to make me run? Or was it the other way around? Who knows. All I want to know is everything. Tell me and i'll tell you, and maybe you'll walk away. Agreed?"
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:55 am

(Yay!!!! You're BACK!!!)

Targon was putting the finishing touches on the weapon installment when he heard Quintet talking about how people would turn into melted monsters. "Hmm, not to bad of a makeover," he thought to himself. "We should totally do that to the prisoner."

Suddenly the comm in his helmet fizzed a little and then he heard a stiff voice speaking to him. "Quintet received top-secret file encoded with **untranslatable** and **unknown**. Sole purpose: drop off **unintelligible**. Purpose of running away: Federation corrupt. Installing blueprint 14575 and folder 779 in ship's computer banks. Impossible for construction due to lack of parts. Necessary to acquire B.O.L.T 8884 for blueprint 14575. Tell Quintet we will not run. We are willing to converse about everything."
"Understood." Targon replied simply. He was used to Data randomly contacting him. The Engi was weird like that... "Tell her I said hi- wait, tell Quintet what?" The hacking drone had just hit the engines of the other ship.

"Oh, they'll walk away," Targon chuckled. "You don't need to resort to violence, Quinny, mind if I call you that?" The hacking drone suddenly exploded, due to an electric field hitting it. Mrs. Soong's engines powered down, however, and shut off completely. "They're willing to tell you everything they know."
"Aww, they cut me off so I can't hear!" Targon grumbled as he parked the several-armed pod in it's small cubby and then flew to his room, locking the door behind him. "I shall now proceed to ignore everyone except Tabitha, because she cooks." he stated moodily.