One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
elijahdb

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby elijahdb » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Targon entered the ship with the other crew members, looking around at his surroundings. "Oh great," he mumbled under his breath, "there's a Zoltan on board. Better watch my back." After giving the Zoltan his one-eyed death glare before it went into the engine room he scurried over to his quarters, dropped off his belongings and made a quick check of the weapons room. "A Flak... good, good," he muttered, "and our own personal ASB Artillery... wonderful! It needs a few tweaks, but that will take time."

Targon looked at the weapons for a few more minutes and then walked out of the room, bumping into the pilot/cook. "I don't eat vegetables, don't ask why." he informed her, then retired to his quarters until the launch.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Can I still join, or did I discover this to late?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Tabitha saw an odd-looking Mantis scurry past in a hurry, followed by a Lanius. She then was given a counter theory from the Lanius about a secret hyperdrive. "Back on my homeworld, I've seen plenty of odd ship configurations. Or at least they would talk about it. You've heard about those Slug ships with the isolated life support rooms? They can't be told apart from those that are laid out for repair work or for mining nebulae unless you get in there" she explained "So for all I know, the Federation has installed a new hyperdrive that makes it better than the other ones without changing the external structure."
That hurried Mantis then bumped into her and quickly made an off-hand remark about vegetables.
"Ummm, that's nice to know?" Tabitha said, scratching her head "But I don't think I'll be getting much cooking done as your pilot."

She then headed for the nearest replicator just as the Lanius informed everyone about the point from the ship's computer to not go into the engine room. She tasted the standard product dispensed from it and said disgustedly "On second-thought, I think the ship will have to fly on auto-pilot for most of this mission... this needs a lot of work."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:50 am

Are we starting with any special systems apart from the ASB? And can anyone make a picture of the ship real quick? I think it would be good to reference in battles etc.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:08 am

Chickengames wrote:Are we starting with any special systems apart from the ASB? And can anyone make a picture of the ship real quick? I think it would be good to reference in battles etc.

It looks like the Federation Cruiser Type A but the Artillery is replaced with a mini ASB, and the BL2 is replaced with a Flak 1.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:18 am

The problem I have with that layout is that well... "I recommend you don't enter the FTL drive room!"
But considering that Tabitha is the pilot, she has to pass through that if she wants to get to her station. And pass through it again if she wants to get anywhere else in the ship.

Unless it's actually more like the Fed B layout.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:55 am

Kr approached the ship as the crew was beginning to board. "A diverse crew, wonderful. At least there's some mantis aboard." he thought. He headed straight for his quarters while taking note of the blue meatsack and mantis. Kr thought it strange that a blue mantis would be on board. Not to mention it was a cyclops. "At least that human can cook." He had heard good things from mantis about her. The ships AI announced a warning about the engine room, igniting his curiosity. Walking to the ftl drive room, he heard some strange chatter from inside the room and decided to keep to himself after all. Kr saw the lanius and made a mental note to stay out of his station. At least he was being paid for dealing with this crew.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Im a bit late but here goes!

Dragon Claw, or Washington as he was known to the men in his Battle group, was very angry about the fact that he had to leave his battlegroup. not only was it because he had enjoyed life in his battle group, but also because he had to leave his command and serve as a damn weapons co-ordinator for an ASB on some 'new' ship. as he walked to the ship, he noticed a green mantis with a long scar down his neck. his mission brief had told him that that mantis was 'Kr.' Washington didn't like him. he looked like the type of being who would lie low when there was a real fight. He walked straight to the artillery room, but he had to go through the FTL drive room as he travelled there. the ship's AI was giving a warning not to enter it, but Washing ton ingored it. "Rules are for sissies who weren't willing to take the necessary steps," he told himself as he pushed the button to open the door to the FTL Drive Room. WHat he sawin there was amazing.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Sp heard a door opening and turned his head.
He saw a Mantis standing in the doorway.
- Hello. He said, without taking his hands off the FTL control panel.
The hands however were not moving, and there was no sound of buttons being pressed.
Instead multiple streams of energy poured from the hands directly into the panel, giving it a bit of green glow.
The screens were flashing with diagrams, test procedure results and all sorts of data related to the FTL drive.
- Welcome.
- Please be careful not to damage the drive.
- It is configured to optimal efficiency possible in it's current state.
- Any external interference can cause a dis-balance.
Sp turned his head back to the monitors.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:34 pm

"This ship doesn't have a teleporter? What a pity," Arkangel remarked. "Oh well, I'll act as intruder repulsion for now I guess."
Still curious, he walked into the FTL drive room, only to see a Zoltan somehow maintaining the drive through streams of energy, greeting a mantis and telling him to be careful around this area.
"I should probably go now," he told the Zoltan. "I can see you are providing considerable power to the drive, and I do not want to accidentally suffocate you."
With that, he left to the door control station where he stood guard for now.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.