How to change colurs of ships?

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheBoss

How to change colurs of ships?

Postby TheBoss » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Can someone pls tell me how i can change coulor of ships? e.g pirate marking colours hull colour of ship? thanks who replies.
MikieRpg

Re: How to change colurs of ships?

Postby MikieRpg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:20 pm

TheBoss wrote:Can someone pls tell me how i can change coulor of ships? e.g pirate marking colours hull colour of ship? thanks who replies.

You would have to use a program like gimp, or Photoshop(Gimp is free fyi) Then open superliminal(The super awesome ship editor) then if you want to change the color of a certain ship you'll have to pull the image from the database (should be ships folder) then save that to a place you can easily access. Load it in photoshop/gimp/etc. and find a tutorial on how to use either program,(with PhotoShop you can just add another layer and edit i belive, but i don't know about others)(P.S. you can skip the entire superliminal step, if you can find the FTL database and just take the picture from there) Hopefully this works out for you XD!
TheBoss

Postby TheBoss » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:48 pm

nope it dont i have gimp but i dont know how to do it and there is ent any good tut out there
Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:45 pm

TheBoss wrote:nope it dont i have gimp but i dont know how to do it and there is ent any good tut out there

File -> Open as Layer -> select image -> color picker tool (make a color swatch if you want, a rectangle of various colored pixels you can copy and paste) -> select a ship color -> click color in toolbar -> edit RGB values to your heart's content -> create pixel with that color using Pencil tool with size 1 -> copy and paste until that color is replaced completely -> repeat from step 3

Hope that helped. You can also PM a modder or artist and request that they do it when they have the time.
Kestrel A,B,C - Engi A,B,C - Stealth A - Zoltan A,B

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

"If we have AI, why not artificial stupidity?"
Turbo_Scrooge

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:24 pm

go to https://pixlr.com/editor/ and use the color swapper tool, make the brush as big as possible and select the color you want to change.
I goof off on superluminal. If I make something cool, the I post it.