MOD[AE] FTL CRAZE: Global-Stats Modifier

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sul

Re: MOD[AE] FTL CRAZE: Global-Stats Modifier

Postby sul » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:38 pm

stylesrj wrote:I just thought of a crazy idea you could do for CRAZE, sul. Well two actually but they're the same thing really.

Never Enough Power - All weapons require an extra bar of power to operate. From basic lasers to the Glaive Beam, you'll need more power to get the systems working. Probably apply it to drones too.
Too Much Power - All weapons require one less bar of power to operate. Basic lasers don't use any juice, you can mount 4 Burst Laser II's and still have power to spare, etc. Just keep in mind that weapons that don't use any power need a weapon that does in order to function properly (or does that only apply to beams?)

These would also apply to the enemy so good luck getting rid of that missile launcher :lol:

Thats a good one thanks ! Not at home so it will have to wait a week or two but it should be really good. Maybe we can also change the number of slots so you can use even more/less weapons ? For example add one weapon slot/remove one drone slot to each ship or the reverse.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:05 am

That might work as well. Why not also "one more/less power bar" for other items? You can only get Level 2 doors (3 if manned), low evasion from autopilot, etc.
Might not affect much though except means less damage buffers. But for those who max out systems, it'll change them.
sul

Postby sul » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:30 pm

Just posting because I added some content on this old page, check out the Guerrilla challenge where victory can only be achieved by killing enemy crew. Should add more content soon like the weapon power idea from stylesrj.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Ok, so how's this for an idea:

Every beacon has a hazard. So you go in and you're beset by a pulsar or an asteroid field or an ASB (could be random, could be hostile or even friendly) as soon as you arrive. Even at stores.
You'll be hoping to go to a Nebula in order to upgrade your ship because ion storms don't prevent that from happening. Although you can still upgrade at stores, just choose your purchases carefully as you probably won't be able to come back (I dunno, how does a hazard at a Store work?)

Although maybe it could be expanded to "Every beacon is a solar flare" or "Every beacon is an asteroid field" so if there's already a hazard, you'll get double hazards as well! Asteroid suns! Pulsar ASBs!
Spudozaurus

Postby Spudozaurus » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Just posting here to say I've tried a few of your mods as balance tweaks to make the game a bit more challenging, and it seems to work very well so far! I'm not into things which change the game too much, but the combo I tried is CRAZE_FATALITY + CRAZE_LESSPOWER + CRAZE_MORESTUN30. I would have loved to use the slower shield, but I don't like my augment slot being taken :D I know it is because of game limitations though.

Also, I don't know if you noticed that, but crew can die in the Hangar if you use CRAZE_CREWINFINITE :D

edit: I do not know if it is possible, but I would love mods which can edit only playable ships or only enemy ships