Major Screen Lag (Game is Unplayable)

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Macil2018

Major Screen Lag (Game is Unplayable)

Postby Macil2018 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:25 am

So I updated Steam, and now my game does this whenever I load it. It's completely unplayable.

How do I fix this?
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Major Screen Lag (Game is Unplayable)

Postby Matthew » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:58 am

Hello! I'm sorry about the problem. That can most likely be fixed by updating your video drivers. Try to do that, or if you need help send me a dxdiag dump of your system and I'll look into it as well.

Hope we can get it fixed.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Macil2018

Postby Macil2018 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Well, I got it working by right clicking FTL in Steam and going to Properties, then to Local Files and then "verify integrity of game cache." It replaced some file and the game works now.

Except now, when I try to play, my disable fleet mod doesn't work. I've tried everything to reinstall the disable fleet mod and no matter what the fleet still pursues. Is there a 'proper' procedure for installing a mod? It's the only mod I have.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Glad it's working out for you.

None of the mods are officially supported by us. We didn't make the tools for creating/installing them; they were all made by clever people in the modding forum. You might want to go there to ask about mod problems. Sorry I can't be more help!
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Here is the solution:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9978
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.