my game dosent start

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Nylad

my game dosent start

Postby Nylad » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:56 pm

hello im having trouble with my FTL game where i start the game it runs the stops on the loading screen i have tried updating graphic cards and tried renameing my profile because it might be broken. what do i do.
isla

Re: my game dosent start

Postby isla » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:15 am

Does it stop midway through loading or at the end?
Nylad

Postby Nylad » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:45 am

yes
Nylad

Postby Nylad » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:00 am

isla wrote:Does it stop midway through loading or at the end?

yes
isla

Postby isla » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:02 am

Haha, that's on me for phrasing that poorly. Which is it? Does the loading bar fill up all the way and then it crashes, or does it only fill partway?
mrfatpanda

Postby mrfatpanda » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:43 pm

I also am having a similar issue. My game sounds as if it completes the loading (the game music begins) but it does not graphically leave the loading screen. The loading bar reaches 100% and then stays there with the music running indefinitely.

I have tried running the game as an administrator, running with a -directx command, and deleting all game files and having steam reacquire said files.

Any ideas?
isla

Postby isla » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 am

Are your graphics drivers all up to date? You may need to check the manufacturer's website.
sliderladder

Postby sliderladder » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 am

I'm having the same exact issue. I've upgraded my graphics card and tried using another computer as well as deleting and reinstalling. I've also tried running the game as an admin, entering -directx under set launch options, and disabling the steam cloud.

One thing i cant seem to find are any save files. Am I missing them, and could that be the problem?

I have these folders:
-liscense
-bass.dll
-bassmix.dll
-flt.dlt
-FLT (textfile)
-FLT_README
-FLTGame

UPDATE

I tried opening the game directly with the troubleshoot compatibility feature and windows XP, and after opening the game twice, I could play the game in the second window but the first window has the same problem not being able to get past the loading screen. Also, the continue option in the main menu is available in this second window, and if I click this the second window crashes.

I watched a video on YouTube about a continuesave file for FTL, but I can't find it anywhere in the games files. I think this could be the problem since when I open that second window there is the continue option and the game crashes when it's clicked.

Is there anyway to find and delete that continue save file?
sliderladder

Postby sliderladder » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:30 am

This works without fail. Every time I load two separate windows, the second one will work. I don't know what that means though.

I was able to open one window up manually, and launch the second window through steam, and the second window through steam works too. I just don't have any of my progress saved, but i'm not sure if its because this isn't the right solution, or if i accidentally deleted it in the process if finding a solution for this. I would assume the data for my progress would be saved in the steam cloud though.

UPDATE

I played, and beat the game after doing my two window method (first opening the game manually, then opening it a second time with steam). Upon completing my run, I exited the game and launched it again only once (one window), through steam and it works, and it saved the progress from the run I had just completed (I unlocked two cruisers and they were still there). I cannot figure out how to get my old progress back, but i'm happy just being able to play the game again.

So my game is fixed, and I hope this doesn't happen again to me or to anyone else. :roll: Hope this helped!
Master Of Whales

Postby Master Of Whales » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Could you please give a step by step guide of how you did this?