Text problem

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
mr_woo1

Text problem

Postby mr_woo1 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi! When I click options or tutorial, I see that:

Some textlines in messagbox are squeezed and unreadable. My notebook is old one but fulfill minimum system requirements I think (win 7 32bit, 2gb ram, ati xpress 1100 128 mb and 1280x800 screen resolution). Logs in „stdout.txt" looks fine

Initializing Video
Video Initialized
Opengl version = 2.0.6347 Release
Starting audio library...
Audio Initialized!
Resource Preload: 85355
Initializing animations...
Animations Initialized!
Loading Ship Blueprints....
Blueprints Loaded!
Initializing Sound Data....
Generating world...
Loading achievements...
Loading score file...
Running Game!

I reainstall FTL(GOG version), graphic drivers too and forcing the game to full screen, but this did not help.
mista dabolina

Re: Text problem

Postby mista dabolina » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:26 am

I am having this problem as well, happens on every text box and pop up menu.
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Does changing the size of the text help?
mista dabolina

Postby mista dabolina » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Snake Plissken wrote:Does changing the size of the text help?

Not sure how to do this. I would assume it is in the options menu, however I can't read a thing when it pops up :P
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

- and = (not on the number pad)
mista dabolina

Postby mista dabolina » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Snake Plissken wrote:- and = (not on the number pad)

Just made the text bigger and smaller (go figure), didn't solve the text wrapping issue though.

Any other ideas?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Sorry about this guys. I'm not sure what could be causing it. I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I am looking into it but don't know when I'll be able to find a solution, it's an extremely busy launch period and there's only one tech guy on our team (me). Please bear with us!

My first recommendation would be to update / reinstall / verify you're using the right video drivers. That would be the most likely explanation.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
mista dabolina

Postby mista dabolina » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:21 pm

zasdarq wrote:Sorry about this guys. I'm not sure what could be causing it. I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I am looking into it but don't know when I'll be able to find a solution, it's an extremely busy launch period and there's only one tech guy on our team (me). Please bear with us!

My first recommendation would be to update / reinstall / verify you're using the right video drivers. That would be the most likely explanation.

Thanks for your help, I realize you're very busy with everything thats going on. I've tried reinstalling and that didn't help unfortunately. Like the original poster, I'm also running on an older laptop, so the drivers could be the issue. How can I check if my drivers are incorrect/out of date?
szperacz_wlq

Postby szperacz_wlq » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:31 pm

I've found the solution!

I had exactly the same problem, but what was interesting is, that I'm using the same ATI Xpress 1100. Checking my stdout.txt, I've noticed, that we were using the same opengl version. After monstrously long and complex search, I've managed to find newest drivers here : http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/w ... ng=English

Though it was for some reason impossible to install directly, and I had to use this application with it : http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

Now everything works great, and I'm enjoying the FTL game to it's fullest ^^

Hope it'll help in your case too!

Adam.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks for updating us :) Good to hear it works.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here