[solved] FTL Freezes on Loading Screen - Steam Install

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Inquisitor11

[solved] FTL Freezes on Loading Screen - Steam Install

Postby Inquisitor11 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi all,

I just purchased FTL during the steam sales and played it for an hour then took a break. When I came back to it, the game now freezes up on the loading screen. I've realised that this is a common problem from some of the post here and so following those instructions, I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times, restarted Steam, gone into the directory (Doc/MyGames/FTL) and changed the save files around and I've also disabled the Steam Cloud and In-Game Community options as well. I am currently using the Win 7 with the latest updates for Steam.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by boa13 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved
boa13

Re: FTL Freezes on Loading Screen - Steam Install

Postby boa13 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:02 am

Well, it looks like you've investigated quite a bit already. :)

What graphics card do you have? Have you made sure you are using the latest drivers?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 pm

You might try using Steam's synchronise cache option. The profile and savegame are kept separately (usually in MyDocuments/My Games/FTL or similar) from the installad folder (usually Program Files/FTL).

It is possible your resources got corrupted so if the synchronise cache option doesnt help, got to your FTL folder (Program Files) and delete all files there, esp the folder resources. After doing this install the game and there should be no freezes.

Before installing mods, make a copy of the resources folder mentioned. It will be handy to have if you ever need to replace a corrupted game.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Inquisitor11

Postby Inquisitor11 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:14 am

Problem solved. Everything seems to be working fine for now.

Cheers everyone.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 am

What was the solution, if you don't mind sharing? :)
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Inquisitor11

Re: [solved] FTL Freezes on Loading Screen - Steam Install

Postby Inquisitor11 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:20 pm

I did pretty much everything everyone said, moving the files, reinstalling, and resetting both Steam and the computer.
UltraMantis

Re: [solved] FTL Freezes on Loading Screen - Steam Install

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:17 am

Good to hear it's been sorted out and you can play the game now. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.