FTL crashes a lot in CE with 3 drones. Increasing memory?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
wolfboyft

FTL crashes a lot in CE with 3 drones. Increasing memory?

Postby wolfboyft » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:46 pm

How to increase FTL memory? You know, RAM. Thanks in advance,

-wolf.
rannl

Re: FTL crashes a lot in CE with 3 drones. Increasing memory

Postby rannl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:49 am

You should check out the CE thread, memory issues have been discussed and a solution has been provided :

CE thread

Specifically :

Game crashes/freezes after or during the loading screen when having the Endless Loot Addon installed:
Your FTL does not have access to enough memory in order to cache all the images EL adds. The solution is to allocate more memory to FTL:
Nicb1 wrote:GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
I got Endless Loot 0.97 working by using a program to allow FTL to access more ram.
You just have to apply this fix to the FTLgame.exe and it'll launch without any issues.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/
I just tested the game properly after applying this patch and it runs perfectly :)
wolfboyft

Postby wolfboyft » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 am

rannl wrote:You should check out the CE thread, memory issues have been discussed and a solution has been provided :

CE thread

Specifically :

Game crashes/freezes after or during the loading screen when having the Endless Loot Addon installed:
Your FTL does not have access to enough memory in order to cache all the images EL adds. The solution is to allocate more memory to FTL:
Nicb1 wrote:GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
I got Endless Loot 0.97 working by using a program to allow FTL to access more ram.
You just have to apply this fix to the FTLgame.exe and it'll launch without any issues.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/
I just tested the game properly after applying this patch and it runs perfectly :)

VERY dodgy program, my friend knows so and he is a virus-fighter. Proper!
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:39 pm

wolfboyft wrote:
VERY dodgy program, my friend knows so and he is a virus-fighter. Proper!

Don't know what to say, friend. I used this solution on a low end computer to get FTL going, and it did the job.
ThePersonFromSteam

Re: FTL crashes a lot in CE with 3 drones. Increasing memory?

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:41 pm

i scanned it with Anti-Malware Bytes and windows defender
Nothing Wrong

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.