Boo YAH! i'm officially the king of the universe.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Mr.spacedude

Boo YAH! i'm officially the king of the universe.

Postby Mr.spacedude » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Just won for the first time :lol:

After months of being boarded and watching my beloved crew get shanked months of Auto-scouts with insane weaponry, of being ambushed in a solar flair and fried to crisp. Months of lovingly crafting a great build knowing this time this time! i'd win. Only to see the game randomly generate the perfect counter-ship and kick my ass. Ive finally WON!
:D
I was beginning to think this game was sentient, hated humans and was actively trying to torture me I kept getting to the second level flagship and being ripped apart by a drone swarm. Again and again and again but this time I won that level and THE GAME.

It feels so good its hard to describe. Ive won ninja Gaiden and DMC on the hardest mode and all sorts of famously hard games but none was anywhere near as rewarding as this indie title.

I love this game I also hate it :evil: but i love it :P .

Oh It was on Normal with an Engi ship build using three Ion blasters and a mixture of different Drones tailored for each stage of the boss.

I think we should all post our first victory stories and i think it will be a great read so i started this thread :P
draconon97

Re: Boo YAH! i'm officially the king of the universe.

Postby draconon97 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

My 1st boss kill wasn't quite as awesome, with 1 burst lazor mk2, hull missile, fire and healing bombs plus boarding drone and a 2 mantis boarding crew on the red tail the 1st stage was easy but i killed all the crew not knowing bout the ai (whoops) i mange to take it down fast after doing that. stage 2 ended with my missile supply and 50% of my haul (damn mass drones) stage 3 was simple took out all the weapons before to much damage to my hull from the brust but since i have a mk2 burst lazor left (3 missle weapons i not recommened) and that was it had to use my drone which landed in the engin room, i also have to use mt boarding crew to take out the shields but my drone went from engines to the o2 2 mantis with level 3 teleport support vs 0 o2 in the ship fun... I did manage but it was annoying.
Leak

Postby Leak » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:42 pm

I officially beat the game for the first time. On Easy, but still.

Feels good. :D
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:32 am

First Victory, was using the Engi Cruiser one, just need to unlock the Federation Ship and Mantis cruiser....

Thanks to two Defense drones Mark 2, and a brave mantis teleporting into the missles, I was able to withstand the barages and work the fight in my favor, I nearly cried when I finally won...shame it was Easy, never knew how hard normal would be after that LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Nimbostratus

Postby Nimbostratus » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 am

Just earlier today, I won for the first time - and unlocked the Slug and Rock ships - all in the same game. Fark yeah. :lol:
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:24 am

Nimbostratus wrote:Just earlier today, I won for the first time - and unlocked the Slug and Rock ships - all in the same game. Fark yeah. :lol:

And the Fed cruiser too, no? It's nice when you get a great win like that. :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:28 am

Once I completed 3 ship unlock quests in the same playthrough. They were all just repeats though as I had already unlocked them all.