Engi Cruiser - First Try

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
POM_Fenris

Re: Engi Cruiser - First Try

Postby POM_Fenris » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:31 am

Madhax wrote:You like the medibot dispersal? I've never had much use for that augment.

I like it too, it is hardly noticeable but it's good when a) your rooms get hit by bombs/missiles and they need fixing so you can't send anyone to the medbay, or b) you are bone idle, and can't be arsed to send people to the medbay.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:17 am

POM_Fenris wrote:
Madhax wrote:You like the medibot dispersal? I've never had much use for that augment.

I like it too, it is hardly noticeable but it's good when a) your rooms get hit by bombs/missiles and they need fixing so you can't send anyone to the medbay, or b) you are bone idle, and can't be arsed to send people to the medbay.

I've never had crew die to enemy fire straight up, shots rarely deal enough damage to crew members. And on the off-chance that I was in danger of losing a crew member, I doubt the poor healing capability of the medibot dispersal would justify my risking not sending the crew member to the med-bay.

And to top it all off, I almost never power the med-bay during a firefight anyway, just between fights or if I've been boarded. Otherwise it's a waste of reactor power.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:13 am

You only had to dismiss 1 crew? One run I got so many crew from events I had to dismiss 10 of them (it says in the stats screen I hired 18 crew that run). Of course that is only likely to happen if you beat most of the enemies by killing the crew, and you have an upgraded medbay.

Madhax wrote:
POM_Fenris wrote:

I've never had crew die to enemy fire straight up, shots rarely deal enough damage to crew members.

I think breach missiles do over 50 damage to crew. One of those plus a 1 damage hit can kill a Zoltan.
Cocapelli

Postby Cocapelli » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 am

yes, my poor crew dies to weapon fire often. sometimes they die trying to dart thru a room with no oxygen (couldnt hold their breathe for 8 steps to save their lives).

but i do not love the medibot dispersals because they save me in this circumstance. i love them because i am lazy. i do not want to have to wait for my Rocks to walk across the ship to heal 35dmg. i will sell the dispersal if something particularly juicy is in a shop, or dump it for a stasis chamber (^%$#%^$), or a pre-igniter, but other than that, it saves me time, so it stays.
forestwolf42

Postby forestwolf42 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:26 am

Since earlier people were talking about the layouts they've had on the Torus I'll share my all time favourite.
Ion blast II
Heavy Ion
Ion Bomb
And I got all those weapons in the first sector, on easy. For my drones I had laser, beam, and defence. I also got faster weapon firing from an augment so it took down enemy shield systems super fast and then the drones ate the enemy ships, I never got a crew teleporter on it.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:37 am

forestwolf42 wrote:Since earlier people were talking about the layouts they've had on the Torus I'll share my all time favourite.
Ion blast II
Heavy Ion
Ion Bomb
And I got all those weapons in the first sector, on easy. For my drones I had laser, beam, and defence. I also got faster weapon firing from an augment so it took down enemy shield systems super fast and then the drones ate the enemy ships, I never got a crew teleporter on it.

You know how you could have taken out shields even faster? A second automated re-loader. That is one of the few augments where multiple copies stack. One run I would have gotten 3 of them if it didn't mean taking the third would have forced me to throw away my weapon pre-igniter. I had 2 of them and 2 fire beams the run I managed to get the "some people just like to watch ships burn" achievement.