Page 5 of 185

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:28 pm
by stylesrj
Lux kept smiling as she prepared her duffel bag of supplies for the heist. Several changes of clothes, some medical supplies swiped from the infirmary and of course the package she received from "an old friend."
She had little idea on who this friend was or the meaning behind the pistol and blade but she figured they'd work better than her Federation-issue hardware. Her family line were laser weapon aficionados after all.

Once onboard the ship, she checked out the medical station. It had a few old medical supplies within but most of them had expired. "Well good thing I brought my own! You won't believe how much those old systems cannot fix!" she said cheerily.
Father, I know this isn't what you'd want your little girl to be doing but I have to get out there... maybe you can forgive me if we ever meet in the stars, she thought to herself.

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:30 pm
by BrenTenkage
Bren finished up the charging sequence, "Alright then I got them up and running, won't do much against someone with a lot of shield but we should at least make sure we don't die without a fight" he said speaking to the captain, "How is everything on your end, is everyone on board?" he asked through the intercom.

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:34 pm
by JakeCollins
Jake answered on the intercom. "I assume everyone is accounted for" (But where is WOL?) "Engineering, please begin the FTL Charge Sequence. Remember, this jump is tight. We are jumping in-atmo, and only have 20 feet to spare before our Jump-Field hits the walls of the museum and causes a subatomic chain reaction. If that happens, we'll end up dragging this entire museum into Hyperspace WITH us, where it will be vaporized. So... yeah."

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:45 pm
by BrenTenkage
Eyesight Technology wrote:Jake answered on the intercom. "I assume everyone is accounted for" (But where is WOL?) "Engineering, please begin the FTL Charge Sequence. Remember, this jump is tight. We are jumping in-atmo, and only have 20 feet to spare before our Jump-Field hits the walls of the museum and causes a subatomic chain reaction. If that happens, we'll end up dragging this entire museum into Hyperspace WITH us, where it will be vaporized. So... yeah."


"IS it too late to back out" Bren asked in a slightly joking tone

(guess we wait for WOL, also got a picture of our ship, ya know so we have an idea of what we are playing with, or we playing with a repainted kestral?)

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:23 pm
by stylesrj
"If you back out now Bren, it will be in an escape pod after you've been sedated" Lux remarked, her tone still cheery. It was hard to tell if she was playing along with the joke or being dead serious. She then said "By the way, Luxanna Jensen, present and accounted for."

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:32 pm
by JakeCollins
BrenTenkage wrote:
Eyesight Technology wrote:Jake answered on the intercom. "I assume everyone is accounted for" (But where is WOL?) "Engineering, please begin the FTL Charge Sequence. Remember, this jump is tight. We are jumping in-atmo, and only have 20 feet to spare before our Jump-Field hits the walls of the museum and causes a subatomic chain reaction. If that happens, we'll end up dragging this entire museum into Hyperspace WITH us, where it will be vaporized. So... yeah."


"IS it too late to back out" Bren asked in a slightly joking tone

(guess we wait for WOL, also got a picture of our ship, ya know so we have an idea of what we are playing with, or we playing with a repainted kestral?)


(We will wait for WOL)

From now on, when you are talking about something outside of the RP, please recolor your text. It doesn't really matter what color. (I like to use some variation of yellow because it's easy to read against the dark background) Everything that occurs WITHIN the RP will just be the default color. That way, it'll be easier to follow.

As for what you said about a picture - you HAVE (or made) a picture of the Robin??? If so, I'd love to see it. (I don't make ship images... :oops: )

JUST TO BE CLEAR: As far as I know, the Robin is just a ship that I made up. There is no actual Robin. I imagine it to look alot like the Kestrel, only bulkier and red & orange.

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:42 pm
by BrenTenkage
Eyesight Technology wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:
Eyesight Technology wrote:Jake answered on the intercom. "I assume everyone is accounted for" (But where is WOL?) "Engineering, please begin the FTL Charge Sequence. Remember, this jump is tight. We are jumping in-atmo, and only have 20 feet to spare before our Jump-Field hits the walls of the museum and causes a subatomic chain reaction. If that happens, we'll end up dragging this entire museum into Hyperspace WITH us, where it will be vaporized. So... yeah."


"IS it too late to back out" Bren asked in a slightly joking tone

(guess we wait for WOL, also got a picture of our ship, ya know so we have an idea of what we are playing with, or we playing with a repainted kestral?)


(We will wait for WOL)

From now on, when you are talking about something outside of the RP, please recolor your text. It doesn't really matter what color. (I like to use some variation of yellow because it's easy to read against the dark background) Everything that occurs WITHIN the RP will just be the default color. That way, it'll be easier to follow.

As for what you said about a picture - you HAVE (or made) a picture of the Robin??? If so, I'd love to see it. (I don't make ship images... :oops: )

JUST TO BE CLEAR: As far as I know, the Robin is just a ship that I made up. There is no actual Robin. I imagine it to look alot like the Kestrel, only bulkier and red & orange.


nope was just asking if ya did, fair enough a more bulky Kestrel, I can deal

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:29 pm
by Chickengames
So how does FTL travel work in this? Is it like teleporting or is it just going really fast?

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:49 pm
by JakeCollins
Chickengames wrote:So how does FTL travel work in this? Is it like teleporting or is it just going really fast?


I've always imagined it as sending your ship into Hyperspace - it doesn't actually move, it just leaves this "dimension" and travels into hyperspace. It zips along in hyperspace for a few seconds before dropping back into normal space.

1. Jumps into hyperspace (Does not move, just leaves this dimension)
2. Moves through hyperspace for about a second
3. Drops into normal space at required coordinates

So, in this case, we jumped into the hyperspace dimension directly from the museum. The museum does not exist in hyperspace, so once we left normal space we were free to move around through hyperspace, before exiting into normal space.

So it's basically leaving this dimension and returning in a different location. Make sense? Jake was afraid that if we were too close to the walls of the museum, we would drag the museum into hyperspace with us, where it would be destroyed.

From an outsiders perspective, it's much more like disappearing and reappearing, (Teleporting) vs going really fast.

NOTE: We are still awaiting WOL's input from engineering before we can continue.



Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:54 pm
by TheLonelyAI
Wrote up really long post responding to beginning but posted too late sorry
=======================================
WOL's voice rang out of the intercom "Present and accounted for captain. Engines are fully operational. I am ready to engage the FTL Drive. Awaiting your orders.