[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:48 am

As you may know, the last RP I tried to run was a flop. It failed rather quickly, unfortunately. I'm confident that this one will work out much better!

Plot:
The Federation & Rebel war has just recently begun. A group of Federation Cadets don't really care about the war. After all, they're just a bunch of teens! (12yrs to 16yrs) You see, when the war started the requirements for getting a Federation Service License went WAY up! This means that only the best of the best got to serve on Federation ships. Only the most experienced members. All the other cadets got thrown out or "training delayed until further notice" messages. But this group of cadets couldn't wait indefinitely for the war to end, and they certainly didn't want to go into Interstellar Military School! So the plan arose...

To steal a ship, and explore the stars on their own...

Where The Story Begins:
This group of 3 - 5 cadets are in their dorm-room at Federation Headquarters, planning to steal a decommissioned Federation ship from the hanger. Once they get the ship, they plan to jump away and explore - and try to keep away from the Rebel war!

Character Sheet:
1. Name
2. Species (Federation ONLY due to the plot. HUMAN RECOMMENDED FOR THIS STORY, BUT NOT REQUIRED!)
3. Age (12yrs - 16yrs)
4. Topic Of Study (Engineering, Weapons, Medical, etc. But remember, since you are a mere cadet you are by-no-means GOOD at your job yet! :D )
5. Physical Description
6. Personality Description
7. Quirks
8. Backstory

Rules:
1. To start out, there can only be one of each role/job. First come first serve!
2. Since you're a cadet, you're probably not good at your job!
3. Have fun!

My Role
I will bring any new major plot developments/twists! I will also play a character.

You can begin submitting characters!
Last edited by JakeCollins on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, CHARACTERS WELCOME]

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:12 am

I think I'll kick us off by making a character of my own.

Name: Jake Collins

Species: Human

Topic of Study/Role: Ship Captain (The role of Captain is now taken! As I said in the original post, there can only be one of each subject!)

Physical Description: Tall for his age, brown hair with blue eyes. Well built but not strong.

Personality Description: Very calm and very smart, but sometimes values morals over survival (too much)

Quirks: Is really interested in the species of Engi, and wants to learn more about them. Also very interested in rumors of the Lanius. HATES Mantis (read backstory)

Backstory: His father was a low-level starship captain, who inspired Jake to enter the Federation. He also taught Jake all about star charts, which lead Jake to become a great navigator. Jake now has a mental map of multiple sectors, and is filled with knowledge his father gave him. Unfortunately, his father was killed by a Mantis warship, which devastated Jake.
Lamina

Postby Lamina » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 pm

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Lamina wrote:I'll also join:

Name: Fergus Don Andrey [Don]

Species: Human [Male]

Topic Of Study: Planetary Reconnaissance
- Think field operative/infiltrator. Don has obviously not had any missions yet, but spent a lot of time in the holographic simulation room.
[If this study doesn't fit then I'll take weapons.]

Physical Description: Don is a well built and of average height for a human. His skin has a clear dark shade, since he originates from the farming planet of Orzan, where the sunlight is very strong.
- He spent much time outside helping out on the family farm; this has made him stronger than the average city dweller.

Personality Description: Don is at heart a kind person, but can suddenly become very temperament. His sudden rage is generally not directed at other persons, but can cause him to lash out involuntarily.

Quirks: Don has a tendency to joke in a very calm and composed manner. This can cause those around him to become uncertain if he is joking.

Backstory: Raised by family on the farm on the planet Orzan, Don's father wished his soon to take over the family business. Because his father viewed the rebels as liberators, Don was not allowed to join the Federation. With guile and his life savings, Don was able to be smuggled off-world by a travelling merchant. Don hopes he can someday return to his planet, and rid it of its rebel presence.

Quest - part of backstory: Don is very fascinated by the stories of the ancient knights, rumoured to have lived on a distant and unknown planet. He wishes that he may one day discover a sword, such as they used, and form a new order of knights - to defend the weak and uphold law.

Accepted! Just one thing...

Lamina wrote:
Topic Of Study: Planetary Reconnaissance
- Think field operative/infiltrator. Don has obviously not had any missions yet, but spent a lot of time in the holographic simulation room.
[If this study doesn't fit then I'll take weapons.]

This works, but Don can also take weapons. (He will man Weapons when he is on the ship, and will also preform recon when the situation arises. (So he has two jobs. Is that OK?)

Lamina wrote:I'll also join:
Backstory: Raised by family on the farm on the planet Orzan, Don's father wished his soon to take over the family business. Because his father viewed the rebels as liberators, Don was not allowed to join the Federation. With guile and his life savings, Don was able to be smuggled off-world by a travelling merchant. Don hopes he can someday return to his planet, and rid it of its rebel presence.

Quest - part of backstory: Don is very fascinated by the stories of the ancient knights, rumoured to have lived on a distant and unknown planet. He wishes that he may one day discover a sword, such as they used, and form a new order of knights - to defend the weak and uphold law.

These two sections are very interesting! I am excited to see how the story unfolds!

The jobs of Captain and Weapons/Recon have been taken! Submit your character soon so no one steals your job!!!
Lamina

Re: [FTL RP, CHARACTERS WELCOME! URGANT!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Lamina » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:50 pm

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:55 am

So what species are in the federation?
Lamina

Postby Lamina » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:26 am

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:51 pm

Chickengames wrote:So what species are in the federation?

Human, Engi, and Zoltan are all in the Federation and available for use. :D
Lamina

Postby Lamina » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:55 pm

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 am

Lamina wrote:
Eyesight Technology wrote:
Chickengames wrote:So what species are in the federation?

If you're feeling creative, then you could be a Engi-Zoltan hybrid of a Human clone Chickengames. That would be interesting. :lol:

Yes, that would be QUITE interesting. :roll: