[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:18 am

'Huh, well its been nice talking to you Bren, I must meet you and your crew in person someday.' Sediment turned off the coms and told Jake that he was going to rest in the crew quarters for a while. After a bit of walking around he eventually found the room, realising that even the bunks were too technological for him. He laid down in one of them, the bunk expanding to meet his size but still remaining comfortably. God, I'm now on a ship from the future, who is commanded by a kid, trying to stop the rebelion from using black holes as weapons. Yesterday I thought things were crazy enough.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Suddenly Lux chimed in on the comms considering the group conversation going on "Welcome to the party my stony friend" she laughed "At least you won't have to worry about the ship of crazy cannibals..."
Eden sighed and wondered just what might be lurking at the next beacon. Probably a Rebel fleet looking to see the results of their project, she mused to herself, Or maybe a huge supply of Scrap I could fill up the cargo holds with and not have to worry about having enough materials for just about anything...
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 pm

"Allright, Sed! Sed? Sed." Jake said gleefully. "Let's go!"

They jumped to the next beacon, and the other ships followed. "Allright, report," Jake said, starting a basic scanning sweep of the area. "You guys picking up anything?"
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Sediment suddenly woke up from the FTL jump, Must be at a new beacon. As awakening, still tired, he glimpsed the door to the crew quarters was closing. I don't remember anyone being in here. He got on the comns with Jake, 'I think your doors may be malfunctioning, I just saw one close on its own, or maybe I'm just seeing things. Also you never told me which station to man, so I will just man the engines. Is that ok?' After a bit of wandering around he managed to find the engines room, realizing that it was way too complicated for him to do anything. He went on the comms again, 'Jake, scratch what I said about manning anything, until someone teaches me how anything on this ship works I wont be able to do anything.'

Meanwhile a rock scout is broadcasting an automated message to all ships in the area. 'If anyone knows about the past or current whereabouts of Sediment from Promethium IV, please hail us and we will arrange a meeting place at this beacon or at a nearby beacon.'
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Bren answered the rockship, "Yeah I heard he took a transport 4 jumps that way" he said sending a false report. "Said something about robbing some Engi's and making way into their sector" he said hoping this bluff would work and get them off the trail of their new companion
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jumbocarrot0

Re [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:11 am

BrenTenkage wrote:Bren answered the rockship, "Yeah I heard he took a transport 4 jumps that way" he said sending a false report. "Said something about robbing some Engi's and making way into their sector" he said hoping this bluff would work and get them off the trail of their new companion

Bren was hailed back by another automated message, 'Thank you for offering to assist us in finding the traitor of the Promethium Society. We will be docking your ship shortly, please stay still as we are only going to question you furthur. Do not worry, we will tolerate other races if it means finding Sediment.' Suddenly the rock scout is preparing to dock The Scarab.
BrenTenkage

Re: Re [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:46 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:Bren answered the rockship, "Yeah I heard he took a transport 4 jumps that way" he said sending a false report. "Said something about robbing some Engi's and making way into their sector" he said hoping this bluff would work and get them off the trail of their new companion

Bren was hailed back by another automated message, 'Thank you for offering to assist us in finding the traitor of the Promethium Society. We will be docking your ship shortly, please stay still as we are only going to question you furthur. Do not worry, we will tolerate other races if it means finding Sediment.' Suddenly the rock scout is preparing to dock The Scarab.

Bren's com spoke out to everyone, "Don't worry about it, we won't fight you, we just want to tell you everything you need to know" he said.

"The Transfer code is Eden, like the Garden" he said chuckling a bit

This would alert Eden to be on alert (basically teleport in when needed)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:01 am

The rock scout docked the Scarab. Another automated message went to Bren, "We have successfully docked your ship, we will meet in your cockpit." A short time after this message three rockmen entered the cockpit. Two of them, and unsurprisingly the two biggest, went to guard to entrance while the third, who is outfitted in a formal looking suit and tie, sat down opposite to Bren. "I take it that you are the captain of this ship," he said, sounding softer then one would imagine, "let me introduce myself, I am Ravita. You messaged us about Sediment, we just want to ask a few questions." Bren could easily tell he could barely stand talking to a 'repugnant alien.'

"We'll begin with a simple question, where did you hear about Sediment's whereabouts?"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:35 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:The rock scout docked the Scarab. Another automated message went to Bren, "We have successfully docked your ship, we will meet in your cockpit." A short time after this message three rockmen entered the cockpit. Two of them, and unsurprisingly the two biggest, went to guard to entrance while the third, who is outfitted in a formal looking suit and tie, sat down opposite to Bren. "I take it that you are the captain of this ship," he said, sounding softer then one would imagine, "let me introduce myself, I am Ravita. You messaged us about Sediment, we just want to ask a few questions." Bren could easily tell he could barely stand talking to a 'repugnant alien.'

"We'll begin with a simple question, where did you hear about Sediment's whereabouts?"

"rumor from some mercs a jump back" he said showing him the jump coordinates of the previous beacon

"Heard it down at the tavern, nice place, has a couple of nice looking rock woman...ya know for rocks" he said chuckling

"And before you ask, yes I can tell you dislike talking to me, and want to smash my face in so you can move on. I'm telling you what I heard, where I heard it, you want to find the guy who spoke about it, he was some red Mantis with one of his eyes gauged out" he said spining a very good description of a very generatic mantis merc.

"So can me and my friends go or do you want to stay for dinner, I got fed rations" he said turning back in his seat to the console and pressing a few buttons, sending a simple code

SB (Stand by) to Eden, his coms were still on too

"By the way looking for the exit beacon, need to update the maps ,mind sharing your data with us? We are trying to find a certain sector, an abandoned one, heard there might be a lot of loot there, what with abandoned ships and stations, so how about helping a fellow traveler?" he asked chuckling, knowing he was stalling for Eden's forces to prepare for invasion
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:03 am

The rockman interogater was not amused with his comments. "I have a wife, and your stalling is not helping us get away, so let us move on." One of the guards called for him and he asked for a moment. He came back with two data packets. One he inserted into his wrist device, and another he gave to Bren. "This is a sector map for the next few sectors, that should help you out." He looked at the data on his wrist device, he then looked at Bren with a face that says, 'What are you up to?'

"Anyways, moving on. This tavern, same one destroyed with a singularity weapon, yes? So, likely that the mercs are dead now. Anyone else that can verify this? Perhaps your crewmates, other ships nearby? Recognise any of those ships from the tavern?"