[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Suddenly, the fed ship begins to fire at the engines. Jake manages to evade enough to not hit the engines, and instead the shot hits the medbay. We don't need that, for now

The FTL drive was almost charged, and will auto-activate in the next 30 seconds. Jake targeted the ship at a lonely nebula, where they could hide and repair.

A message blared on the radio, "We have detected that your ships FTL is charging. Since you will not stand down, we are forced to disable it."

Suddenly, Jake watch in horror as a huge missile shot out of the feds ship, bigger than most missiles he saw it his textbook. And it was headed straight for the piloting room. The missile was about to smash through the front window and destroy piloting! (as well as him!)

5km... 4km... 4km... 2km.... 1km... Jake saw a flicker of blue as the missile-of-doon passed through the shield bubble. It was less than a second away when... ZAP! The ship activated FTL and the scene outside of the window changed - the gassy purple clouds of an uncharted nebula swirling around them. No ship, no missile. Just nebula.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
TheLonelyAI

Postby TheLonelyAI » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:11 pm

30 Seconds. 30 Seconds and they would be able to jump away. Where? Who knew, anywhere was better then being here at this very moment, WOL worked furiously in order to make sure that the engine charges as fast as possible.

Suddenly, a second monitor beside the engine panel, the sensors, begin blaring out in alarm, the federation ship has begun firing on the Engine. WOL focused his efforts into helping the pilot evade the shot.

Normally, the engine wouldn't be able to work at full capacity, as the reactor isn't strong enough to power the system fully, however, with the help of the Zoltan, "Bren" was his name? With his help, it could work to it's full potential, for that, he was silently thankful. The ship moved to the side in an effort to avoid the attack, while it no longer targeted the engine, the shot instead was redirect Ed towards the medbay, he hoped that whoever was in there wasn't too badly hurt.

10 more seconds. 9. 8. 7. 6. Wait. The sensors were blaring again, this time a shot was directed towards the flight deck, and this time they were using a missile. WOL remembered in his training that Shields only stopped laser based attacks, all artillery weapons could Pierce through the shield regardless of how many layers there are.

There was no getting out of it, the Missile was too close too make an attempt to evade. Once that missile hit the flight deck, Boom! They would be stranded onboard, with one less crew member on the ship. The only option was too wait for the FTL to charge. 5 more seconds. 4. 3. 2. 1-

A blinding light echoed throughout the room, and for a split second, WOL felt as if he was moving faster than light. Then he abruptly slammed his face in the monitor, cursed, than checked the sensors. The Federation ship was nowhere to be seen. These were all indications that the jump was successful. With something that sounded like a sigh of relief, WOL relayed the news to the rest of the ship.

"This is WOL from Engines, the FTL jump was a success. How're things on your side captain?"
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:05 pm

TheLonelyAI wrote:30 Seconds. 30 Seconds and they would be able to jump away. Where? Who knew, anywhere was better then being here at this very moment, WOL worked furiously in order to make sure that the engine charges as fast as possible.

Suddenly, a second monitor beside the engine panel, the sensors, begin blaring out in alarm, the federation ship has begun firing on the Engine. WOL focused his efforts into helping the pilot evade the shot.

Normally, the engine wouldn't be able to work at full capacity, as the reactor isn't strong enough to power the system fully, however, with the help of the Zoltan, "Bren" was his name? With his help, it could work to it's full potential, for that, he was silently thankful. The ship moved to the side in an effort to avoid the attack, while it no longer targeted the engine, the shot instead was redirect Ed towards the medbay, he hoped that whoever was in there wasn't too badly hurt.

10 more seconds. 9. 8. 7. 6. Wait. The sensors were blaring again, this time a shot was directed towards the flight deck, and this time they were using a missile. WOL remembered in his training that Shields only stopped laser based attacks, all artillery weapons could Pierce through the shield regardless of how many layers there are.

There was no getting out of it, the Missile was too close too make an attempt to evade. Once that missile hit the flight deck, Boom! They would be stranded onboard, with one less crew member on the ship. The only option was too wait for the FTL to charge. 5 more seconds. 4. 3. 2. 1-

A blinding light echoed throughout the room, and for a split second, WOL felt as if he was moving faster than light. Then he abruptly slammed his face in the monitor, cursed, than checked the sensors. The Federation ship was nowhere to be seen. These were all indications that the jump was successful. With something that sounded like a sigh of relief, WOL relayed the news to the rest of the ship.

"This is WOL from Engines, the FTL jump was a success. How're things on your side captain?"

"Everything's okay up here, WOL," Jake sighed, sinking back into his chair. Then he remembered that the medbay was hit. "Medbay, report! Lux, report!"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:34 pm

When the FTL shot happened Bren was thrown back against a wall, with the alarms blaring he lost his concentration and overcharged it at the wrong time. It worked so they were able to make it, but he however now was groaning.

"Ugh my head, everyone ok?" he asked pulling himself up, he didn't realize the med bay was hit, he was too focused on his job.
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Kyrie felt dizzy after the jump, almost like when you stand up too quickly. She blinked and shook her head a couple times trying to clear it. Then Jake came over the comm, shouting about the medbay. Looking at the ship overview, the medbay was in red. That could mean anything on this ship. Just then Bren's voice asked if everyone was ok. "I am in here, don't know about Lux though."
TheLonelyAI

Postby TheLonelyAI » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:08 pm

WOL had switched off the intercom after relaying the news to the rest of the ship, he immediately went to check on the Zoltan that was currently in the room with him. "Are you alright?" He said, helping him up. Just then, he heard a faint beeping sound coming from the sensor's monitor. He went to check on it and found that the ship's layout was obscured by gray, contrasted by a bright red Cross. WOL knew that this was an indication that the med bay was badly damaged. He left his post, and ran towards the med bay in order to check on the person that was inside it.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:18 pm

TheLonelyAI wrote:WOL had switched off the intercom after relaying the news to the rest of the ship, he immediately went to check on the Zoltan that was currently in the room with him. "Are you alright?" He said, helping him up. Just then, he heard a faint beeping sound coming from the sensor's monitor. He went to check on it and found that the ship's layout was obscured by gray, contrasted by a bright red Cross. WOL knew that this was an indication that the med bay was badly damaged. He left his post, and ran towards the med bay in order to check on the person that was inside it.

When he was checked on he nodded his head, "I'm fine just used up too much power, overloaded the engines during the jump, just came back to me, nothing a good nap can't fix' he said following WOL to the med bay to check up on the damages
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:21 pm

Lux was on the floor, surrounded by the damaged equipment. She rubbed her head in pain as she went to stand up, just as a nearby oxygen tank exploded, scattering shrapnel and fire in the area. "I'm fine, just a few fractured ribs, a headache oh and possible burns!" she said in her usual cheeriness that probably underestimated the situation; she could see quite a bit of her own blood on the floor but her wounds had been cauterised by the laser. "I take it we got away though..."
She coughed a few times and went to grab one of the emergency extinguishers, only to find it was reading as empty. "The extinguishers are empty though. Perhaps some tourists emptied it as a prank. I know I would" she laughed, leaving the burning medbay "I think we need to give the fire the Airlock Treatment."
Lamina

Postby Lamina » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:23 pm

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Lamina wrote:I'm sorry but it seemed this didn't work to well for me. I wont be able to keep these rapid posts going - maybe in the weekend - but that wouldn't work for anyone else. I was about to write a really long passage to explain all my actions, but that didn't seem to be very RP-friendly. I don't think it'd be very fun if I wrote a short post each day - I would be fine with it, but you'll loose the interactivity. (Suddenly Don appears!) Eyesight, you can either consider Don dead or use him as a npc. If I someone can continue do tell, and I'll tag along, otherwise:

As the laser blast struck the medbay a large steel plate loosely welded to the celling fell on Don. Decapitating his head in a gory display.

I understand. I was by no means expecting such rapid responses by others! Everything happened so fast! :D This is good in that it keeps the story & the action going, but it does cut some people out. I bet that this is a kind of RP that'll go through fast and slow parts. It's totally fine if you don't want to continue. We will have a memorial for our poor friend Don.

I totally understand if you don't want to be in the RP anymore.

Going forward, let's all try to keep in mind giving a little wait time for others to respond. That way, we can maintain some flow but give time for others to join in.

Jake was so glad to hear that Lux was okay. They vented the medbay, and did some repairs. Shortly after, someone found Dons broken body. Seeing Don like that, Jake realized how unqualified they were for this mission. No going back now he thought, as they threw Dons peices out of the airlock, where they disappeared into the haze of the nebula.

"Crew of the Robin A, this is your captain speaking! Don has died. Please notify me if anyone can take up Engineering. This entire sector is fed controlled. We need to gettoutta here ASAP, so the Feds can't find us. Any ideas? I'm all ears."

NEW RULE: Before jumping to a new location, we will wait for everyone to catch up. That way, no one gets too far behind.