[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Meanwhile, Lux was waiting outside. She tried to raise Ruwen on the comms several times but either the ship's hull was blocking the signal or it was being actively jammed. The guard was pointing his sterilisation beam weapon at her rather menacingly. "Just stay right there outsider... while your friend is being... interrogated I got a few of my own I've always wanted to know."
Lux said defiantly "I won't spoil any military secrets!"
"I don't care about those! No, what I do care about is... What do you eat?" the guard asked.
"Ummm..." Lux started, mostly out of confusion "The uhhh..."
"What is your culture like? How long do your people live?" he continued rapid-firing the questions, yet his dead-serious tone didn't change "Do your people use stones for currency? Do your people know the concept of love?"
This is one chatty Crystal... she thought to herself.

"I um...well wish ask for your aid. You see these humans and other aliens have control of the galaxy but there is a war of their own humans who wish to destroy all other alien life. They created a powerful weapon that could wipe everything out."

"I also learned the truth of the metal eaters, they pose no threat to us, they in fact were created by us, they see us as their creators still after all this time"

The old Crystal looked to the side and tapped his cane several times "Enough... I do not care much for the petty squabbles going on outside this sector. I'm just an old man conducting a survey of one of our old worlds."
He gestured towards a large table where several small liquid metal shapes flowed about inside crystalline prisons. One of them formed into a spiky creature with glowing red eyes only to then turn back into a puddle and keep flowing within its containment.
"We're very much aware of the origins of the Metal-eaters. We created them to serve our needs, then we went to destroy them when they overstepped their bounds."
Another Crystal approached the two and started with "Doctor Newar, the results of..." "Chulet, we've got a guest from our early history here."
Newar looked to Ruwen "Residents... they think they know everything once the leave the Academy..."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:33 pm

stylesrj wrote:Meanwhile, Lux was waiting outside. She tried to raise Ruwen on the comms several times but either the ship's hull was blocking the signal or it was being actively jammed. The guard was pointing his sterilisation beam weapon at her rather menacingly. "Just stay right there outsider... while your friend is being... interrogated I got a few of my own I've always wanted to know."
Lux said defiantly "I won't spoil any military secrets!"
"I don't care about those! No, what I do care about is... What do you eat?" the guard asked.
"Ummm..." Lux started, mostly out of confusion "The uhhh..."
"What is your culture like? How long do your people live?" he continued rapid-firing the questions, yet his dead-serious tone didn't change "Do your people use stones for currency? Do your people know the concept of love?"
This is one chatty Crystal... she thought to herself.

"I um...well wish ask for your aid. You see these humans and other aliens have control of the galaxy but there is a war of their own humans who wish to destroy all other alien life. They created a powerful weapon that could wipe everything out."

"I also learned the truth of the metal eaters, they pose no threat to us, they in fact were created by us, they see us as their creators still after all this time"

The old Crystal looked to the side and tapped his cane several times "Enough... I do not care much for the petty squabbles going on outside this sector. I'm just an old man conducting a survey of one of our old worlds."
He gestured towards a large table where several small liquid metal shapes flowed about inside crystalline prisons. One of them formed into a spiky creature with glowing red eyes only to then turn back into a puddle and keep flowing within its containment.
"We're very much aware of the origins of the Metal-eaters. We created them to serve our needs, then we went to destroy them when they overstepped their bounds."
Another Crystal approached the two and started with "Doctor Newar, the results of..." "Chulet, we've got a guest from our early history here."
Newar looked to Ruwen "Residents... they think they know everything once the leave the Academy..."

He nodded his head, "I know you might not care about what is going on, but their enemy is a threat to the entire universe, many species who don't deserve to die will be slaughtered if we don't do something. Our Empire took an oath to keep peace within the empire..." he said stepping forward

"Please help us get into contact with the council, the leaders ,who ever rules our people, we need to stand up against this threat" he spoke
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:06 am

"The Empire you might know of has collapsed" Newar said, taking a seat, followed by several deep breaths from his respirator. "When we found the cure for all diseases, we were divided in opinions on how to use it."

Several holographic images appeared inside the ship, showing off Crystals of various colours. He pointed to the red Crystals "These are the Carnelians. They believed that disease culled the weak from the population and left only the strongest; by removing it from society, we'd well..." he coughed several times. "They had a point..."
He pointed to other Crystals in the diagram "These ones believed only the strongest would get the cure and nuked the rest..." another Crystal "These nutcases believed the gods would punish us if we made ourselves immortal..." "And these ones tried creating another group of Metal-eaters..."
"As for us? The Founders of the Empire?" Newar asked "Well... after a long time of total immunity to disease, we grew paranoid of other causes of death... paranoid that our cure-all would be rendered useless..."

------------

Onboard the Pelican, Eden was looking over the Crystal prisoners. Ruwen's lockdown was still in place, so she only had two guards at the entrance. "They're still chanting" she asked.
"I think they're done with that and are now just meditating"
"Are you sure?"
The pirate looked through the security feed. The Crystals were sitting in an odd pose, surrounded by their own crystals.
Eden took a sigh of relief. "I had this instinctive..." the Pelican began to shake.
"What's going on with the engine core?" Eden shouted into the comms.

At the Engine Room, a pair of Crystalline spikes rose up from one of the consoles Nicholas was in the middle of repairing, followed by a complete lockdown of the room via more crystalline shards being thrown about. "Not quite the same fight but the squishy ones can put on a show!"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:36 am

stylesrj wrote:"The Empire you might know of has collapsed" Newar said, taking a seat, followed by several deep breaths from his respirator. "When we found the cure for all diseases, we were divided in opinions on how to use it."

Several holographic images appeared inside the ship, showing off Crystals of various colours. He pointed to the red Crystals "These are the Carnelians. They believed that disease culled the weak from the population and left only the strongest; by removing it from society, we'd well..." he coughed several times. "They had a point..."
He pointed to other Crystals in the diagram "These ones believed only the strongest would get the cure and nuked the rest..." another Crystal "These nutcases believed the gods would punish us if we made ourselves immortal..." "And these ones tried creating another group of Metal-eaters..."
"As for us? The Founders of the Empire?" Newar asked "Well... after a long time of total immunity to disease, we grew paranoid of other causes of death... paranoid that our cure-all would be rendered useless..."

------------

Onboard the Pelican, Eden was looking over the Crystal prisoners. Ruwen's lockdown was still in place, so she only had two guards at the entrance. "They're still chanting" she asked.
"I think they're done with that and are now just meditating"
"Are you sure?"
The pirate looked through the security feed. The Crystals were sitting in an odd pose, surrounded by their own crystals.
Eden took a sigh of relief. "I had this instinctive..." the Pelican began to shake.
"What's going on with the engine core?" Eden shouted into the comms.

At the Engine Room, a pair of Crystalline spikes rose up from one of the consoles Nicholas was in the middle of repairing, followed by a complete lockdown of the room via more crystalline shards being thrown about. "Not quite the same fight but the squishy ones can put on a show!"

Ruwen frowned, "So...this is where I return...my people divided by squabbles my generation learned to overcome...I am sorry" he said bowing to him

"....what should I do, where do I go, if I can not get the help then what?" he asked unsure of himself for once in his life, also unaware of the danger his companions were in....
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:26 pm

I don't understand ...
There are Crystals in the engines room ?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Early on, we took some red Crystal warriors prisoner. Two or three of them. Then they were locked up with the help of Ruwen. Of course, now that he's on the planet's surface, these Crystals found a way to escape and they're in the engine room, first disabling the engines so the Pelican can't get away and then getting into a fight.

Newar said to Ruwen "I doubt the other factions will be able or want to help your cause. I fear you have..."
The Crystal suddenly collapsed into fragments. His research assistant Chulet stood there, resonating with that of smug relief "The old man was rather boring."
He turned towards the controls for the ship "Besides, his teachings go against the will of the gods."
The crystalline prisons for the proto-Lanius forms also collapsed into fragments. No longer separated, the samples began to move towards each other, forming a small puddle and then... a small creature that vaguely resembled a Lanius.

Fun-sized Lanius! The kids will love them! The family pets too! Collect the whole set in 3 easy payments... sales pitch!
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 pm

When the he heard first explosion , Nicholas rolled under the main console board , almost like a instict
The room was full of heavy smoke from the main explosion , and Nicholas had troubles spoting his ennemies
He heard the intercom crackle with Eden's voice ; He rushed to answer : "THE CRYTSALS DUDES ARE OUT ! BOMB THE DAMN DOOR !"
"Haha ! lets get that squishy one !" shouted a deep voice behind Nicholas .
He turn around at the speed of light only to see a red crystal bashing the air with his massive arm ; Nicholas dodged the attack as the crystal where slower than expected .
However , one of the others pirates had less chance : a massive fist hit him hard in the stomach
Shit ! I need a plan ! Now !
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 pm

stylesrj wrote:Early on, we took some red Crystal warriors prisoner. Two or three of them. Then they were locked up with the help of Ruwen. Of course, now that he's on the planet's surface, these Crystals found a way to escape and they're in the engine room, first disabling the engines so the Pelican can't get away and then getting into a fight.

Newar said to Ruwen "I doubt the other factions will be able or want to help your cause. I fear you have..."
The Crystal suddenly collapsed into fragments. His research assistant Chulet stood there, resonating with that of smug relief "The old man was rather boring."
He turned towards the controls for the ship "Besides, his teachings go against the will of the gods."
The crystalline prisons for the proto-Lanius forms also collapsed into fragments. No longer separated, the samples began to move towards each other, forming a small puddle and then... a small creature that vaguely resembled a Lanius.

Fun-sized Lanius! The kids will love them! The family pets too! Collect the whole set in 3 easy payments... sales pitch!

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!" he cried to Chulet," what is going on, why did you do all this?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Eden cursed to herself. No doubt those Crystals in the cell are fake shells; the old bed-dummy under the sheets trick, she thought to herself. "Engine Room, if you can hear me... the rest of us are on our way. Try not to get killed..."
"We'll try our best" one of the pirates said "But the Crystals have locked down the area tight. It's just Hedrickson and that engineer we picked up a jump or two ago..."
Well unless that engineer can rig up a sonic generator while also avoiding being impaled by Crystal shards, they'll be killed, Eden though to herself.

Inside the Engine Room, the pirate that was punched released the contents of his last lunch - several chunks of bone and oddly-enough, a small grenade marked "Flashbang"
It rolled across the floor and got stuck halfway on a grate.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!" he cried to Chulet," what is going on, why did you do all this?"

"Nothing personal, Ruwen" Chulet said, tapping on the controls as he began to interface with the ship itself "Newar was holding our heralds prisoner... and you proved to be the distraction I needed for my plans to succeed."
Klaxxons went off on the ship and the exits sealed; one could feel that the ship was planning on taking off from the surface.
The miniature Lanius stared at Ruwen, like a curious child. Or maybe sizing him up for an attack...
"You see, the Founders believed that the... LANIUS were a mistake and had to be wiped out... but why would we create such a beautiful species only to destroy them?" Chulet continued. The translator seemed to have chosen "Lanius" as the translation of this Crystal's designation of the metal-eaters.
"The gods had commanded us to build the LANIUS as their messengers! Their heralds!" he continued, breaking out into very suspect laughter "They will bring about a new era of galactic peace!"
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:55 pm

They are made out of some kind of stone... Yes! I got it!
Nicholas took a laser cutting tool from his belt and threw the tool while ignited to the larger crystal: it hit his head an make some kind of smoke and hurt him enough to distract his two Crystal acolytes.
Nicholas rushed to the other side of the room to grab a sort of knife that was in fact a cut piece... of the main power core door!
The young boy quickly rushed the stands crystal monster and crawled to his shoulders to lap him and start hitting him in the back using his bend scrap knife.
The crystal still temporarily blinded start running around the room, hitting every thing, including some important engine stuff to his allies!
OPEN DAT DOOR BITCH! NEED HELP HERE!
When the giant regained his senses, he threw Nicholas off.. The perfect spot for his plan.
"Cmon sucker! Come here!" shouted Nicholas to the crystal he just molested.
The giant start rushing toward Nicholas, who leaped out of the way just before he could hit him and open the latch to the main power core.
The Crystal literally jumped in the heavy plasma infused pieces, killing him instantly.
A fact that Nicholas ignored is that crystals explode when they die; and Nicholas took multiple shard to the chest, hurting him badly.