[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Lux looked at the Slugs. They seemed oddly calm... although she couldn't exactly tell they were because alien expressions were hard to read, but she had this gut feeling about how they didn't seem that concerned on how everything they did had gone to hell. A failed attempt at sabotage of the engines, an inept show at stopping WOL and Ruwen...
"It's a ruse!" she suddenly shouted, rapidly turning around so fast she slipped on the slimy Slug trail she was standing on. "I meant to do that" she giggled as she quickly tried to recover herself "I think Bren might be in trouble..."

Someone's chance to be badass? Well that's probably not Lux's chance :D
TheLonelyAI

Postby TheLonelyAI » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:59 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:
Chickengames wrote:All this time, Kyrie was focused on keeping the shields up with all the asteroids pummeling them. She was vaguely aware of sounds of fighting somewhere in the ship. As soon as the slug ship was hit with a rather large asteroid, she breathed out a sigh of relief. I think I'm starting to like this space stuff.

As she sat back, there was mostly silence, except for the noise of a door opening. Kyrie looked to the side and saw the shield room door close. That was weird... She glanced around the room again, but saw nothing. As she turned back to the console, a hand clamped around her mouth. Immediately she tried to wrench it off, but it wouldn't budge. The hand was human, and it was huge. Another hand twisted her arm behind her back painfully until she let go. "That's better." The voice was human too. The hand around her mouth was replaced with a gag, and her other arm was pulled around, where it was tied to the other.

Kyrie had been to scared to say anything until now. "Who are you?" It was barely understandable through the gag. The voice answered: "That doesn't matter. Here's what's going to happen. We're going to go out that door and up to the cockpit. If you scream or resist, you'll lose a finger." The man lifted a knife in front of her face. "Understand?" Kyrie nodded, eyes wide and shaking.

"Good. Let's go." The man put his hand on the back of her neck and pushed her toward the door. They walked out of the room, him very close behind her. Kyrie could feel the guy against her, and that he was a huge guy. They walked up the ship to the cockpit and stopped outside. The man put away his knife and pulled out a gun, pressing the barrel against Kyrie's head. Then, they stepped closer and the door opened, revealing Bren sitting in the pilot's chair.

"Alright did you deal with the intrud-" he turned and then saw the man and his hostage

"Shit...I see..." he said calmly, "So what now?" he asked, "You want this ship and my crew?" he asked calmly, trying to come up with a plan, but he had nothing (yeah I'm not gonna get out of this, I've done enough control of Ruwen being a badass, someone else should have a turn being a badass LOL)

WOL kneed the slug in the back, it let out a grunt of pain. "Anymore surprises in store?!" WOL asked angrily. The slug let out a cough, "Well if you would kindly release me than I would happily tell you" it said in a patronizing tone. WOL was unaffected, "How many of you are there?" "How many do you think?" The slug received another knee in the back, "Answer my question" "Alright, there are three of us. Your freak comrade there killed the first, the second is lying there bleeding, and I'm over here being manhandled by you."

WOL couldn't tell if he was lying, he sighed. "Then I have no further use for you." WOL smacked the slug hard on the back of the head, it's eyes drooped lazily, and it dropped to the floor. "Ruwen, can you please keep guard of these slugs? I'll go be going around the ship to see if I can provide any assistance." He concluded before leaving he room.

Maybe Bren should have a turn at being badass? Or Kyrie?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Ruwen nodded his head and grabbed the slug's hands and bound them together forming crystal bonds to hold them

Bren turned his attention back to the piliolting, "Not trying to be rude just making sure we all don't get smashed by flying rocks" he said calmly to the hostage taker
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Lux leapt to her feet and tried to follow after WOL, almost comically slipping again as Slug residue had stuck to the bottom of her shoes. She shouted to the Engi "Get to the helm! Bren's in trouble. I'll be right behind you!"
She quickly removed her boots and grabbed her blade but the Engi had a few seconds head-start over the Human.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:00 am

Did someone say badass?

Jake dropped out of an incredibly smooth FTL Jump. He immediately brought the shields up, including the temporary Purple Shield layer. "You said sensors picked up high energy particles?" He asked the AI... Sarah.

"Yes. I just did a sensor update - high energy particles. The only reason I could identify them was because energy interference was so low in this asteroid field. Any energy signatures stand out immediately!"

"These damm asteroids! I can't dodge them!" Jake shouted as a rock grazed the Purple Shield, decreasing its power.

"Would you mind allowing me to pilot? No offence, but a computer program generally has much better reaction time." She smiled, somewhat embarresed at the comment.

"Uh, sure!" Jake said. He was feeling quite awkward alone with a sentient computer program.

"You don't have to be embarrassed around me Jake. If you would like me to end my Avatar to make you feel more comfortable, and go to audio only... Or, no Audio at all. I could just pilot without a UI (User interface)" She said, kindly.

Jake laughed nervously "You can read my thoughts... right... No, it's fine. It'll just take some getting used too."

"No, really, it's OK. I'll deactivate the holographic emitters" Sarah said, obviously feeling hurt and dejected.

"No please, really! Sarah, it's fine-" Jake started but she disappeared, without another word. Suddenly, the helm stopped responding. A new message appeared on the screen.

>Piloting Interface transferred to available AI Entity. Resume manual control? (y/n)

Jake sighed. I can't belive I just offended a computer program.... He thought. But then he remembered she could hear that. Oops

With piloting under control, Jake headed to weapons room. He was terrible at weapons, but he needed to try. He managed to power on 2 of the 3 weapons (3 weapons I guess... IDK.Two are powerful laser weapons and one missile.

He watched on the front sensors as they reached a ship - some sort of Slug Cruiser. And the good ol' Robin A. It was not under attack, there seemed to be a ceasefire. Jake wondered why. He took a scan of the Robin, to see general damage. Onboard, there were two Slugs, as well as an unidentified human, and the rest of the crew.

Jake waited for a few rocks to knock down the shields of the Slug Cruiser, and opened fire with the 2 (laser) weapons available. The Slug ship took extreme damage. With the barrage of shots from both laser weapons, the Slug hull literally crumpled. Multiple breeches and fires appeared. The ship was down to a single hull point. A nearby rock flew at the cruiser and it was torn apart.

These weapons... Jake thought as he analyzed the sensor data. One of the weapons broke down the molecules of whatever it touched. The others sent waves of energy reverberating through the hull metal, uprooting anything in its path.

Jake hailed the Robin. "This is Captain Jake Collins calling the intruders of the Robin A. While I would normally order you to withdrawal back to your ship, I have already ripped it to shreds."

Jake forcefully docked this ship with the Robin, and grabbed an energy rifle from the airlock. He burned open the door with a lazer knife, and clambered onto his old ship. He used his special code to open the internal airlock, and hopped into the hall. He went straight to the Piloting deck, and opened the door. He stayed back as the door slid open - for as soon as the door opened, a shot flew through the doorway.

Before the intruders' gun had time to reload, Jake burst in and shot the intruder straight in the head.

"Prepare to be boarded," Jake said, smiling.

Suddenly, Lux and WOL burst through the door, and Lux tackled Jake to the floor, almost decapitating him with the Mantis blade.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:06 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:Did someone say badass?

Jake dropped out of an incredibly smooth FTL Jump. He immediately brought the shields up, including the temporary Purple Shield layer. "You said sensors picked up high energy particles?" He asked the AI... Sarah.

"Yes. I just did a sensor update - high energy particles. The only reason I could identify them was because energy interference was so low in this asteroid field. Any energy signatures stand out immediately!"

"These damm asteroids! I can't dodge them!" Jake shouted as a rock grazed the Purple Shield, decreasing its power.

"Would you mind allowing me to pilot? No offence, but a computer program generally has much better reaction time." She smiled, somewhat embarresed at the comment.

"Uh, sure!" Jake said. He was feeling quite awkward alone with a sentient computer program.

"You don't have to be embarrassed around me Jake. If you would like me to end my Avatar to make you feel more comfortable, and go to audio only... Or, no Audio at all. I could just pilot without a UI (User interface)" She said, kindly.

Jake laughed nervously "You can read my thoughts... right... No, it's fine. It'll just take some getting used too."

"No, really, it's OK. I'll deactivate the holographic emitters" Sarah said, obviously feeling hurt and dejected.

"No please, really! Sarah, it's fine-" Jake started but she disappeared, without another word. Suddenly, the helm stopped responding. A new message appeared on the screen.

>Piloting Interface transferred to available AI Entity. Resume manual control? (y/n)

Jake sighed. I can't belive I just offended a computer program.... He thought. But then she remembered she could hear that. Oops

With piloting under control, Jake headed to weapons room. He was terrible at weapons, but he needed to try. He managed to power on 2 of the 3 weapons (3 weapons I guess... IDK.Two are powerful laser weapons and one is a missile.

He watched on the front sensors as they reached a ship - some sort of Slug Cruiser. And the good ol' Robin A. It was not under attack, there seemed to be a ceasefire. Jake wondered why. He took a scan of the Robin, to see general damage. Onboard, there were two Slugs, as well as an unidentified human, and the rest of the crew.

Jake waited for a few rocks to knock down the shields of the Slug Cruiser, and opened fire with the 2 (laser) weapons available. The Slug ship took extreme damage. With the barrage of shots from both laser weapons, the Slug hull literally crumpled. Multiple breeches and fires appeared. The ship was down to a single hull point. A nearby rock flew at the cruiser and it was torn apart.

These weapons... Jake thought as he analyzed the sensor data. One of the weapons broke down the molecules of whatever it touched. The others sent waves of energy reverberating through the hull metal, uprooting anything in its path.

Jake hailed the Robin. "This is Captain Jake Collins calling the intruders of the Robin A. While I would normally order you to withdrawal back to your ship, I have already ripped it to shreds."

Jake forcefully docked this ship with the Robin, and grabbed an energy rifle from the airlock. He burned open the door with a lazer knife, and clambered onto his old ship. He used his special code to open the internal airlock, and hopped into the hall. He went straight to the Piloting deck, and opened the door. He stayed back as the door slid open - for as soon as the door opened a shot flew through the doorway.

Before the intruders' gun had time to reload, he bust in and shot the intruder straight in the head.

"Prepare to be boarded," He said, smiling.

Suddenly, Lux and WOL burst through the door, and Lux tackled Jake to the floor, almost decapitating him with the Mantis blade.

Bren gave a sigh of relief, "Jake you don't know how glad I am to see you" he said giving asmile, "So now we have some prisoners of our own...I say lets drop em off on the nearest asteroid, they could hitchhike the way back" he said, obviously meaning to airlock them
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:22 am

Lux was... beaming if she wasn't already at seeing Jake's face again. Even if it was an accident that she tackled the wrong guy... she probably would have done it anyway. "Captain my... Jake you're back! How did you get here so quickly?" she asked, helping him back onto his feet and retracting the blade. "Where is this ship from the future anyway?"
Still do not believe that story checks out. Time travel? Come on... the Federation probably found it the same way we found Ruwen, she thought to herself, Dad says you simply cannot travel backwards in time.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:26 am

"Yes and no. I want your ship, but not you." The guy pointed his gun at Bren, but never got a chance to fire it. The door opened, and the intruder fired through it. There was no one to hit, though. Jake swung in after the shot and nailed the guy right between the eyes. His head exploded and showered brain, bone, and blood everywhere. Kyrie was showered in it, being so close.

The guy's body fell backwards, bleeding all over the floor. Kyrie just stood there for a second, stunned. She looked at Jake, then back at the intruder. "I didn't know you could shoot." It was barely intelligible through the gag.
TheLonelyAI

Postby TheLonelyAI » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:18 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:Did someone say badass?

Jake sighed. I can't belive I just offended a computer program.... He thought. But then he remembered she could hear that. Oops

With piloting under control, Jake headed to weapons room. He was terrible at weapons, but he needed to try. He managed to power on 2 of the 3 weapons (3 weapons I guess... IDK.Two are powerful laser weapons and one missile.

Jake forcefully docked this ship with the Robin, and grabbed an energy rifle from the airlock. He burned open the door with a lazer knife, and clambered onto his old ship. He used his special code to open the internal airlock, and hopped into the hall. He went straight to the Piloting deck, and opened the door. He stayed back as the door slid open - for as soon as the door opened, a shot flew through the doorway.

Before the intruders' gun had time to reload, Jake burst in and shot the intruder straight in the head.

"Prepare to be boarded," Jake said, smiling.

"Jake?" Said WOL in absolute confusion. How the hell had he gotten in here? WOL scanned the room, a corpse lay on the floor, human, it's head blown to smithareens. Jake held a gun in his hand, he shot the man? WOL was somewhat surprised, he didn't think Jake had it in him.

WOL coughed slightly. "Well, you certainly chose the proper time to arrive."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:28 pm

"Hi guys!" Jake said as he slowly crawled out from under Lux.

"My sensors detected a battle over here. Normally they're not that good, but the energy signatures stood out because there is next to nothing here. Anyways, how are ya'll doing? Is everyone allright?"

THUMP THUMP THUMP. The door opened, and a blue, shiny rockman stepped into the room. "Backup intruder!" Jake shouted, pointing his gun at the creature. "We're deciding what to do with you intruders now. Against the wall!"
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321