[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Lux shrugged "I've only seen them as villains on TV myself... why not try something simple?"
She put a fist to her chest and stood up straight, trying to look more intimidating and bigger to the massive crystalline entity that looked like it could easily snap her in half in an instant. She maintained her smile because chances were that the entity did not understand what Human expression meant, just like she didn't understand what possible expressions the entity was making. "Luxanna" she said slowly, before moving her other hand towards Kyrie "Kyrie"
She waited for the entity to understand, repeating this exchange a few times before saying "Human"
We're all going to die, she thought to herself.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:47 pm

stylesrj wrote:Lux shrugged "I've only seen them as villains on TV myself... why not try something simple?"
She put a fist to her chest and stood up straight, trying to look more intimidating and bigger to the massive crystalline entity that looked like it could easily snap her in half in an instant. She maintained her smile because chances were that the entity did not understand what Human expression meant, just like she didn't understand what possible expressions the entity was making. "Luxanna" she said slowly, before moving her other hand towards Kyrie "Kyrie"
She waited for the entity to understand, repeating this exchange a few times before saying "Human"
We're all going to die, she thought to herself.

It tilted its head a bit, and spoke, "Ruwen..." it even pointed to itself.

It then stood up and looked over the two...and then held out his hands, and to their surprise little crystal figures formed on their forming a crude scene of two figures holding hands, facing each other.
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 am

Seeing the figures, Kyrie reached out her hand toward the crystal man like the figures were doing. "Friends?" She spoke and moved slowly. The crystal man stared for a few seconds, then reached out and took her hand. It was at least three times the size of hers, and sharp with crystals. Ruwen spoke again, a single word, but it sounded friendly. Kyrie looked back at Lux and smiled. "I think he understands that at least."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:33 am

Chickengames wrote:Seeing the figures, Kyrie reached out her hand toward the crystal man like the figures were doing. "Friends?" She spoke and moved slowly. The crystal man stared for a few seconds, then reached out and took her hand. It was at least three times the size of hers, and sharp with crystals. Ruwen spoke again, a single word, but it sounded friendly. Kyrie looked back at Lux and smiled. "I think he understands that at least."

The Ruwen nodded its head and looked around speaking a bit, he seemed confused, then went to a nearby wall, touching it, he seemed focused, and they noticed something, it's hand was melding with the wall

(its getting information the ship collected to figure out what year it is)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 am

"Bren, WOL, you might want to adjust the life support systems when we get back" Lux said "I don't know how much a Rock... or Crystallineman breathes in but it's best to make sure the system isn't overstressed by new people"
While the Crystal was gathering data, Lux pointed towards the doors and moved in their direction. "Follow."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 am

stylesrj wrote:"Bren, WOL, you might want to adjust the life support systems when we get back" Lux said "I don't know how much a Rock... or Crystallineman breathes in but it's best to make sure the system isn't overstressed by new people"
While the Crystal was gathering data, Lux pointed towards the doors and moved in their direction. "Follow."

"Hang on, I think I got something, the translator did some work and I think we got it working, transmitting the update to your portable translators" Bren said sending it, "Might be a bit off but you should be able to comunicate a little better"

"...years lost, what happened during the war..." the crystal was muttering, and the two could understand him as he melded with the ship (if ya want a voice, think Javak from Mass Effect 3, also portable transalator should translate to crystal as well)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:57 am

Lux listened to what the entity was saying. While others might have heard something different, Lux seemed to be getting the translations done in what was dubbed as "Ancient West"
"Dangnabbit, war is one darned-tootin' bit of a pickle idn't it?"
She informed Ruwen that she could now understand his language and properly introduced herself. "Luxanna Jensen... Captain of the Galactic Federation starship, Swallow A."
"Ruwen of the Tektite! Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Human" he said politely, nodding his head "Last time I saw yer species, you were still tryin' out how to farm."

It's a habit of mine to think that all unknown entities sound like cowboys. Although it could just be how Lux's translator is set and everyone else hears him like Javik or Garrus or Cthulhu.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:02 am

stylesrj wrote:Lux listened to what the entity was saying. While others might have heard something different, Lux seemed to be getting the translations done in what was dubbed as "Ancient West"
"Dangnabbit, war is one darned-tootin' bit of a pickle idn't it?"
She informed Ruwen that she could now understand his language and properly introduced herself. "Luxanna Jensen... Captain of the Galactic Federation starship, Swallow A."
"Ruwen of the Tektite! Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Human" he said politely, nodding his head "Last time I saw yer species, you were still tryin' out how to farm."

It's a habit of mine to think that all unknown entities sound like cowboys. Although it could just be how Lux's translator is set and everyone else hears him like Javik or Garrus or Cthulhu.

He blinked a bit, "You...understand me...and can speak through your machine...that is good, it was hard to explain I came in peace to you" he said in a calm tone
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:55 am

"What do you mean, since we were farming? Are you some really old rockman? And how did you get stranded in this asteroid field?" When the crystal man talked, it seemed like a rockman, but with more... age? wisdom? Kyrie couldn't put her finger on it, but it felt like this guy was there before you. Like he saw you grew up and knew you better then yourself. But he had to tell us that he was peaceful, like he hadn't seen us before. In any sense, this guy was ancient.

Is Javik voiced by James Earl Jones by any chance?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:59 am

Chickengames wrote:"What do you mean, since we were farming? Are you some really old rockman? And how did you get stranded in this asteroid field?" When the crystal man talked, it seemed like a rockman, but with more... age? wisdom? Kyrie couldn't put her finger on it, but it felt like this guy was there before you. Like he saw you grew up and knew you better then yourself. But he had to tell us that he was peaceful, like he hadn't seen us before. In any sense, this guy was ancient.

Is Javik voiced by James Earl Jones by any chance?

"I am Ruwen of the Crystal Empire, I am a scout for our military. I was attacked by some metal eaters, and while I could destroy them, I sadly crashed into this asteroid, I went into cryostasis in order to wait for rescue however...' he looked at the wall

"My ship had to consoldate a lot of power to keep me alive...going through decades without the destress signal until it had enough solar power to let out a signal..." he turned to the others, "Are you allies with the Crystal Empire?" he asked