[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:20 am

A short time after arriving at the entrance beacon, all three ships get hailed by a nearby station claiming to have various goods for sale, and then showing a list of some of its goods and crew available and their prices. The most eye-catching price is a rockman crew for hire with the suspiciously low price tag of 5 scrap!
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:I'm just wondering is my character going to be picked up in the quarantine sector or in the next sector?

Yeah we will pick you up at this Space Station. I just wanted to get out of the Crystal Sector first, so it would make more sense.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Bren scanned the prices of some of the stuff and when he saw the mercenaries, "A rockman for...hey guys am I reading this right?" he asked

"No Honey no Rockman on here, I'm your only rockman on here" he heard Grom say from the hold

"Yes Dear" he said

Gorlag the slug spoke up, 'Might be a slave who is more trouble then he is worth, any info the seller is giving?" he asked

"Inquire within, thats it" Bren siad, "Hey guys if you want a Rockman check it out, I'm gonna dock and fuel up, maybe see if we can't offload the supply of rare crystals, might eve nsee what kind of weapons they have, come on Burst Laser Mark 2, everyone wants some of them for you Human's Christmas" he said moving in closer
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:34 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:Bren scanned the prices of some of the stuff and when he saw the mercenaries, "A rockman for...hey guys am I reading this right?" he asked

"No Honey no Rockman on here, I'm your only rockman on here" he heard Grom say from the hold

"Yes Dear" he said

Gorlag the slug spoke up, 'Might be a slave who is more trouble then he is worth, any info the seller is giving?" he asked

"Inquire within, thats it" Bren siad, "Hey guys if you want a Rockman check it out, I'm gonna dock and fuel up, maybe see if we can't offload the supply of rare crystals, might eve nsee what kind of weapons they have, come on Burst Laser Mark 2, everyone wants some of them for you Human's Christmas" he said moving in closer

When docked, Bren gets approached by the mercenary who happens to be another zoltan. 'Huh, I rarely see other zoltans venture into dangerous places like this. Anyways, what are ya locking for? We just stocked up on some weapons a few days ago, we now have a Hermes missile and a burst laser for sale. We also have a brand new invention called a flak gun! It's made by those metal eating guys in the nearby sector and it projects pieces of scrap metal at the enemies ship, great for taking down shields!'
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Eden brushed past Bren and the Zoltan "Flak Gun? Mass Drivers are not a new invention. I once met a pirate ship that had one mounted down the spine... the Frigate-To-Tie? Fregit-day?"
Lux said "The Fregatidae?"
"That's the one!" Eden declared "Even their Captain couldn't pronounce its name properly..."
Lux laughed in her usual manner "My father once had command of that ship; his Captain died in battle and he took control, managing to limp it to a Federation port; I'm guessing some raiders took it and repainted it?"
I wonder what dad is up to now? I do hope he hasn't encountered a singularity weapon...

Eden had gone on ahead to get into contact with a few pirates and other traders. Lux remained around the docks. She too was curious about the "cheap Rockman" but the BL.II had her greater interest.

I'd like to think the principle of shooting bullets at high speed at an enemy ship has been around for a long time. Just that the power requirements are high and require most of a ship's spine in order to function. The Lanius found a way to make it smaller.
Also, the war maybe got to a point where you would be banging rocks together?
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:09 pm

stylesrj wrote:Eden brushed past Bren and the Zoltan "Flak Gun? Mass Drivers are not a new invention. I once met a pirate ship that had one mounted down the spine... the Frigate-To-Tie? Fregit-day?"
Lux said "The Fregatidae?"
"That's the one!" Eden declared "Even their Captain couldn't pronounce its name properly..."
Lux laughed in her usual manner "My father once had command of that ship; his Captain died in battle and he took control, managing to limp it to a Federation port; I'm guessing some raiders took it and repainted it?"
I wonder what dad is up to now? I do hope he hasn't encountered a singularity weapon...

Eden had gone on ahead to get into contact with a few pirates and other traders. Lux remained around the docks. She too was curious about the "cheap Rockman" but the BL.II had her greater interest.

I'd like to think the principle of shooting bullets at high speed at an enemy ship has been around for a long time. Just that the power requirements are high and require most of a ship's spine in order to function. The Lanius found a way to make it smaller.
Also, the war maybe got to a point where you would be banging rocks together?

The mercenary replied, 'Excuse my knowledge of history, I just assumed the metal eaters invented a version that could be used in battle effectively. So what exactly do you want to buy? You seem interested in the flak, I'll get my men to get it out for you to look at.' He went inside and a minute or two later both the mercenary and a rockman carried out a flak gun mark II to show. 'Yes a fine beauty, shoots 7 projectiles at the enemy for the price of 3 power, 21 seconds and a lot of accuracy. It'll be yours for, let's say, 95 scrap.'

Over with Eden, she overheard a loud conversation between some mantis pirates. 'Sediment is quite a deal, 5 scrap payment for a 7000 scrap bounty, I'd buy him if I could actually claim the bounty.'
'And he ain't exactly a good fighter either.'
'He isn't? Well then he ain't even worth that!'

I'd imagine Eden would know about the bounty on Sediment's head, she just wouldn't know what he looked like
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 pm

stylesrj wrote:"That's the one!" Eden declared "Even their Captain couldn't pronounce its name properly..."

:lol:
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:34 pm

When Nicholas disembarked, he was surprised to see a Zoltan-like outpost, in this abandoned of a sector.
He noticed that another ship had landed near the outpost, kicknamed "The Venturer". It was a blocky shaped vessel with some kind of tail where its boosters sits, with a brownish color and orange stripes.
A mining vessel? Just like the ones we were scrapping! If only...
He looked for some kind of tavern, where travelers could take a rest, and soon find out that there was one near the main shop.
When he entered in the tavern, he immediately spotted what could only be the Venturer captain, a quite large and bearded individual .
- "Hey, are you the captain of the ship outside?"
- "Yeah, kiddo! Looking to join us?"
- "Where you slaves on Merkuris III?"
- "How did you pointed that out.. ?" said the old man, intrigued
- "I'm the guy who made the first run for it after I triggered the explosion from that station!"
- "Did you? Well done, kid! Be sure not to go there now, place burnin' to death after you left "
- "Is it far from here?" asked Nicholas
- "Wh-What? Didn't you escape from it? Anyway, no, it's not that far from here."
- "Heh .. thats a long story .." said Nicolas leaving
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 pm

Lux looked at the Flak gun with some mild amusement. "What about that Burst Laser over there? Mk.II model?" she asked, looking over the massive weapon. "Huh, looks like it's been used in combat a lot. Some of the power inverters look like they've been replaced with spares... how much you selling this for anyway?"

Meanwhile, Eden strutted over to the Mantises like she owned the station and their lives "What's this I'm hearing about Sediment?" she asked in an authoritative tone.
After that mess in the Crystal Homeworlds, I could go with the reward money... if I live long enough to collect it once the mission is over, she thought to herself.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Bren and his group, minus Ruwen were at the Cantina munching and eating, glad to have something warm rather then the lukewarm ration packs. Seriously if the whole Rebel war was about the ration packs, it would not surprise anyone.

"So guys...think we can do it?" Bren asked drinking his electrolyte packed drink

"I think we could" Gorlag said eating his Solrunla Fly Slider (with a side order of fries of course)

Grom the Rockwoman nodded her head, "We strong" she said munching on the rock she ordered
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269