[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:29 am

Jake waited for a reply from the Scarab. None came.

S - C - A - R - A - B [Do you copy] Nothing.

M - A - T - U - R - E [Calling] P - E - L - I - C - A - N [Partial Stop] [Unable to contact] S - C - A - R - A - B [Partial Stop]

He then went on to say "Scarab may be in Normal Space. Do not exit your vessel in any way, the shield bubbles seem to be what separates us from the lethal aspects of this dimension. If you go outside... who knows what would happen. Heaven forbid you destabilize the shield bubble."

Then, Jake received a frantic transmission. When he converted it, he found that it was a crude explanation of some kind of intercept maneuver.

[Copy that,] P - E - L - I - C - A - N [Partial Stop] [Executing described maneuver]

Jake locked onto the energy emissions of the Pelican, and told Sarah to preform the complex maneuver Eden had described. They began drifting forward, headed straight for the Pelican.

Talk about 'destabilizing the shield bubble' Jake thought, gritting his teeth.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:37 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:Jake waited for a reply from the Scarab. None came.

S - C - A - R - A - B [Do you copy] Nothing.

M - A - T - U - R - E [Calling] P - E - L - I - C - A - N [Partial Stop] [Unable to contact] S - C - A - R - A - B [Partial Stop]

He then went on to say "Scarab may be in Normal Space. Do not exit your vessel in any way, the shield bubbles seem to be what separates us from the lethal aspects of this dimension. If you go outside... who knows what would happen. Heaven forbid you destabilize the shield bubble."

Then, Jake received a frantic transmission. When he converted it, he found that it was a crude explanation of some kind of intercept maneuver.

[Copy that,] P - E - L - I - C - A - N [Partial Stop] [Executing described maneuver]

Jake locked onto the energy emissions of the Pelican, and told Sarah to preform the complex maneuver Eden had described. They began drifting forward, headed straight for the Pelican.

Talk about 'destabilizing the shield bubble' Jake thought, gritting his teeth.

Bren noticed something

"Skrib du kue lopy" he said, "Wait a minute I think thats a signal to us" he said typing

"You found them?" Ruwen asked

"i think so, Grom, Gorlag head to the reactor room, boost all non essental power to our signals, I might be able to lock onto them" he said focusing the signal on the muddled one

"I'm here, I am trying to track you" sent hoping they would find the message
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:40 pm

As the Mutare moved in, the crew of the pelican had reconfigured the engines the best they could. There was a shuddering noise, followed by a loud train whistle as the steam engine behind them began shunting the Pelican down the tracks. The speed began to build up and what appeared to be a train tunnel started looming ahead.
There was another loud rattling as they went through the tunnel and the Pelican returned to normal-space, almost colliding with the Scarab in the process.
"We made it!" Lux said excitedly.
Eden gave a sigh of relief "This is why you don't stick your prow inside random wormholes..."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:57 pm

stylesrj wrote:As the Mutare moved in, the crew of the pelican had reconfigured the engines the best they could. There was a shuddering noise, followed by a loud train whistle as the steam engine behind them began shunting the Pelican down the tracks. The speed began to build up and what appeared to be a train tunnel started looming ahead.
There was another loud rattling as they went through the tunnel and the Pelican returned to normal-space, almost colliding with the Scarab in the process.
"We made it!" Lux said excitedly.
Eden gave a sigh of relief "This is why you don't stick your prow inside random wormholes..."

"Shit guys, what happened?" Bren aked when he narrowly dodged them
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 am

Jake felt a wave of nausea pass over him, as if the whole world was torn out from under him. When the pang of spinnyness ended, Jake quickly got his bearings. He was relived to find himself amid the classic blackness of space, with stars shining in the distance.

The Scarab and Pelican were right there too, with the Pelican adrift at an odd angle. Jake noticed that the Mature was also adrift in a strange way, and used the thrusters to regain control.

"Yeah... Uh, Bren, we were in another dimension," Jake said into the comms. He explained everything to Bren, who was duely impressed. "Anyways, where are we now?" Jake asked.

Sarah's disembodied voice hopped onto the comm line. "This place doesn't match any star charts, no data at all. It's not a nebula - just open space."

"In other words, you have no idea where we are," Jake said.

"Exactly."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am

"Well I've been doing some scans of the area, we have some beacons, weird signals so no idea if they are hostile or not" he said
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:23 am

Eden was rather livid at the whole endeavour. "You kids didn't even bother to listen to me at all" she said furiously into the comms "You even said it yourself, Jake that we were on a mission to stop the Rebellion from destroying the Federation with their superweapon."
She slammed a fist down on the console "I've been very tolerant of your expeditions onto strange unexplored worlds because they were on the path towards our goal, but here?"
She gestured to the map of the stars "You just stuck your noses into a subspace anomaly that would either send us whirling towards our deaths or whirling away from your mission..."

"You clearly don't have any care for those under your command, yet somehow the Federation decided to give you a fancy high-tech ship AND command of the whole operation" Eden continued, making sure to speak over any interjections in her rant. "I'm not a Federation officer, my parents were not military but even I understand how the chain of command works and how a weak link can break the entire chain... and right now Jake you are that weak link!"
The Pelican's engines began flaring up as she started to move it away from the Mutare and the Scarab; she then executed a hard burn which flipped the hauler around; guns raised but not charging. "I've had enough of your fooling around while the Rebellion is out there tearing up the Quarantine Zones and your own people. You are not fit for command Jake and I propose we get ourselves a new leader; otherwise I will be leaving and taking your fancy ship with me."

Meanwhile Lux was listening to the rant, her thoughts conflicted on what side to pick. She had her loyalty to the Federation and her friends to consider, but Eden did make a good point. There had been too much lollygagging and diversion for the pirate to handle and she had her own grievances. Heck, she seems to have great loyalty towards the Federation's interests, she thought to herself, Even if she is a pirate.

This is not me making an excuse to leave. I'm just being realistic here. Eden wants to save her people and she's pissed at having to take orders from a kid who sticks his bits into things he shouldn't be... the wormhole adventure was not what she needed, especially when it clearly wouldn't help with the mission.
Lux isn't just blindly following the pirate either. Her father's a Federation officer and the more they dawdle about,
the greater the chances that he'll be killed in battle so if that pirate is showing more interest towards the Federation's survival... holy crap she's going to pick family over friends.

So yeah, if the situation isn't calmed down, things may escalate quickly.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:30 am

"But this is helpful, think about it, we are gaining allies if we find the Crystals, we could get help from them more allies to help us. We need a bigger force, so i took the risk to do this" he said

"If you have a problem with this...I'm sorry" He said frowning
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:38 am

Wait, when you get to the Exit Beacon in the Crystal sector, where do you end up? At the next sector of your map?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh shit... Jake thought listening to Eden's rant.

"Eden, I agree that our mission is to stop the rebellion, yes. But that wormhole... that wormhole was stable. This is the opportunity of a life time. While it may not have alot of strategic value, the scientific endeavor... the adventure. That is what the Federation was founded on. Yes, I have a duty to my crew. But war or no war, as a Federation officer, my end-goal is to explore. To expand our knowledge. This is the Federation spirit at work, the drive to push the boundaries of what is known. Regardless of the Rebels, without exploration the Federation deserves to fall. As a commander, I do what it takes to survive. But I also make sure that in the end, we have something to survive for." Jake said. There was a long silence, before Sarah cut in.

"Plus, the wormhole was not that highly energetic. I assume that when we reach the Exit beacon we'll be able to Hyper-Relay outta here and get back on track."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:43 am

Oh wait I thought this was dead

stylesrj wrote:Heck

Watch your profanity

Kyrie was silent at first, not wanting to contribute to conflict. Both of them have a point... She realized then that she had almost forgotten about their actual mission. Maybe it would be better to go back.