[FTL RP, DEAD] FTL: The Shadow Era

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN!] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:36 am

The strange creature's translator was obviously malfunctioning, but he deemed it irrelevant. As long as he could comprehend what the creature was saying, there would be no need to correct the issue.

Error winced as the creature slammed its bulky fist into one of the engines. One of Errors engines.

"The nearest transceiver array is in the pilot area. Follow me." Error said. He morphed himself into a snake-like form, and slithered across the ground. Engi felt seldom pleasure, but Error enjoyed crawling through the ship- sliding metallic scales against the deck plating. He slithered through the many corridors, and twisted between pipes and grates. Past hissing coolant vents and humming plasma conduits.

He assumed the others following him enjoyed witnessing his morphing ability. You see, most Engi prefer to remain in humanoid form. But this was not the case with Error. He loved mimicking the behavior of other creatures in a robotic way, and found it fascinating. Because many Engi prefer to keep their nanites in a boring, humanoid structure, the fact that Engi CAN re-manipulate their nanites into other structures is not well-known.

Soon, they reached the transmitter. Error morphed back into his humanoid form and powered it on. There was an official looking data file that had been received and downloaded about an hour ago.

The "transmission" our fleet received is attached to this post. It's in PDF format, so no one should have trouble viewing it. (I put it on Google drive, the LINK is below. This forum doesn't seem to support PDF attachments, so I thought i'd try that. You don't need a Google account to view it! Just click the link! You don't even need to download it, you can just view it at the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36C-uz0jQOGai16dmlkU0h6a1U/view?usp=sharing

By the way, for the cover page I found a good image for a Rebel "logo," but I couldn't find a good insignia for the Federation or Rockmen. BADGERS, since you seem to like this kind of thing, maybe you could whip something up? Just an idea. :mrgreen:
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 am

Due to the lack of posts as of late- I am wondering if anyone is unable/unwilling to download the "Transmission" file for any reason. The file basically outlines our mission, as we encounter the Unidentified Hostiles.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:34 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:the lack of posts as of late-

I don't really know where to join back in; the last post I made was setting up a conference call but I'm not sure what happened to that as it seems to have been forgotten or something :roll: , so I don't really know what to do next if no one responds to that :oops:

guess I'll try and rejoin, also fitting in the mission briefing in? anyone's thoughts on this? :ugeek:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Honestly? I'm just not feeling up to continuing here. Yeah can I just bail out?
Either have Ruwen killed off in typical Crystal fashion (giant alien spiders or plague) or someone take the wheel.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:50 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:I don't really know where to join back in; the last post I made was setting up a conference call but I'm not sure what happened to that as it seems to have been forgotten or something :roll: , so I don't really know what to do next if no one responds to that :oops:

guess I'll try and rejoin, also fitting in the mission briefing in? anyone's thoughts on this? :ugeek:

Ohh... Shoot. Well, last I heard in regards to the conference call was this:
1. The conference call came on
2. My character left
3. My character hid in the engine room

Then a side discussion broke out, outside of the RP

4. Then, Ressa & others showed up - I assumed that the conference call was simply finished, without my characters presence.

I shall fix this, as follows! I feel like we just need to get everyone together. It will be easier to coordinate in a linear progression.

stylesrj wrote:Honestly? I'm just not feeling up to continuing here. Yeah can I just bail out?
Either have Ruwen killed off in typical Crystal fashion (giant alien spiders or plague) or someone take the wheel.

By all means you CAN, but I would recommend you let us start the mission first. Thats when the excitement will pick up, which is bound to happen soon! Once the mission starts, you can "kill yourself" in our initial battle.

========================================

Error quickly became exasperated. He sent out an audio message on all frequencies, to the rest of the fleet.
"All fleet members report to cargo bay onboard Rock vessel. We have received a transmission from the Alliance. Repeat: Please report to cargo bay on Rock vessel. We will brief you of our mission. Once the briefing is over, we will finish repairs and begin our mission."

Only a few minutes after the message was sent, Error could hear masses of people flocking towards the rock ship's cargo bay. Chattering with excitement and nervs.

"Come." He said to the others. He saved the transmission from the computer into his internal storage banks, and proceeded with the others to the cargo bay. For an Engi, he was quite excited.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:45 am

Just to clarify, are we assuming these ships are populated with non-player crew? I know the rebel ship has only Kadita and some rebels, but do the other ships have crew?

Error made an announcement to all the ships and started toward the cargo bay. Ressa followed the engi down to gathering place and took a seat near the front and the door. It was always best to be near a door in a crowd. Such a concentration of minds made it impossible to read thoughts, and the emotions of the crowd all jumbled into an overall feeling of excitement. Ressa waited for the other ships crew to come in and scanned the people there.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Chickengames wrote:Just to clarify, are we assuming these ships are populated with non-player crew? I know the rebel ship has only Kadita and some rebels, but do the other ships have crew?

Yeah. We have other "redshirt" crewmembers.

===============

When Error got to the Cargo Bay, he used a shipping crate as a stand, and morphed his mouth into a megaphone type shape, much more amplified than his normal speaking voice. He then set up a projector and plugged it into his arm, displaying the transmission from the Alliance on the screen. He faced the projector at a clearly visible, blank wall. Crew members from all over the fleet were already starting to fill the Cargo Bay.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:16 pm

"Now that we're all here..." Error said, looking out at the massive crowd. He wanted to shrival up into an insect form and fly away, but this seemed to have become his responsibility. There was no logic in not carrying it out.

"The Alliance has brought our three factions together to defend against a common threat- The Unidentified Hostile Threats, or UHTs. Over millions of years, the trekked across the vast expanse between galaxies - from the nearest galaxy to us, the Andromeda Galaxy. They were able to traverse about 2.5 million light years, just proving how advanced they are.

As the mission outline states, they are clearly a threat. They are destroying everything, with their advanced technology. We MUST stop them, and to do that we must work together. The mission outline tells all the details of the mission.

In about 3 hours, we will begin our mission. Please review the mission outline, and repair your respective ships. The stealth ship will signal you when we go to Joint-FTL.

Any questions?"
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Seeing that there were no questions, Error said one last thing into the mic.
"We shall jump in three hours. Complete repairs by then"

The crews of the various ships walked, ran, crawled, climbed, and slithered back to their various ships.

Three hours later

Finally, all ships got the OK to begin the mission.

From the blackness of the Engine room, Error spoke into the comm unit. "FTL Navigation Computer synchronized. Jumping in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."
There was a rumble and a flash of light as the fleet entered hyperspace. One the FTL computer screen, there were three beacons in range.

===FTL Navigation Computer===
BEACONS IN RANGE
[Option 1] Fed. Military Base (Emitting Strange Energy Signatures, DISTRESS)
[Option 2] Merchant Location (DISTRESS)
[Option 3] Orzania 3 - 'The best resort planet in the sector, with a thriving economy and over 4 billion residents!' (NO LIFE SIGNS DETECTED, DISTRESS)

Error forwarded the data to the three captains of the fleet. They would decide where to go, and he would get these rusty ol' engines to take them there.
So basically the three captains have to pick which beacon to go to.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Badgers received the beacons and checked them out. The first was a Federation military outpost emitting unknown energy waves. With the AI at the ship's sensors they had a chance of discovering what they were.
The next was simply labeled "Mechant Location (DISTRESS)". Personally, Badgers liked to have more info on a mission before he encountered it.
Finally, the last beacon was the largest, with over 4 billion citizens that had suddenly gone missing. Too creepy.

"This is Captain Badgers, I'm selecting Option 1 for my mission. We will disembark hyperspace in five minutes." The beacon was a few hundred light-years away, so it would take a few minutes to reach it.

Ok, so I have easy_money on my ship, and that's it from the RPers, right? Just wanted to check before I make my crew.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.