The Legacy of the Frontrunner

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Wet Orange Ostrich

The Legacy of the Frontrunner

Postby Wet Orange Ostrich » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:06 am

(Some explanation)
I am a person with a very colorful imagination. This caused me to sort of, have my first 4 games I've played on my new system to... tie in with eachother (still had to change a few plot-related things so it makes sense. [And I feel like writing a full-on Fanfiction about it as soon as I get a bit more experience. ])

Anyway, the last 3 games' crew wanted to follow the footsteps of the first game's ship, The Frontrunner (earned this name for crossing a whole sector in 3 jumps. )

The honorable crew of The Frontrunner:
Roger - Humanoid
Nereid - Zoltan
Avila - Mantis
Joyun - Mantis
Jerry - Zoltan
REU-1 - Engi
REU-2 - Engi
Notozumi - Lanius

(Sidenote: I tried shooting for a Japanese-sounding name for the Lanius, because to me, the Lanius sprite looks a bit like a very pale anime girl with white pigtails and orange eyes)

Across the 4 games, at least one of those crew members made an appearance.

(I have the tendency to forget stuff, so if there's something I may have left out or if you just want to know, feel free to ask.)
elijahdb

Re: The Legacy of the Frontrunner

Postby elijahdb » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Wet Orange Ostrich wrote:(Sidenote: I tried shooting for a Japanese-sounding name for the Lanius, because to me, the Lanius sprite looks a bit like a very pale anime girl with white pigtails and orange eyes)

I've never thought of them like that! XD
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
I_am_person

Re: The Legacy of the Frontrunner

Postby I_am_person » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Wet Orange Ostrich wrote:
(Sidenote: I tried shooting for a Japanese-sounding name for the Lanius, because to me, the Lanius sprite looks a bit like a very pale anime girl with white pigtails and orange eyes)

Wow. That's certinatly an interesting way to put it. I don't doubt the extensiveness of your imagination.
Injustice Rains From Above!