I did it.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Stormbringer

Re: I did it.

Postby Stormbringer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:55 am

dyno101 wrote:
Fireclaw27 wrote:Use Lanius B. You win (nearly) every time. Honestly. Unless its CE. Then less often.

I understand why people like the Lanius B so much. It's an all rounder that's exceptionally powerful on all ends of the scale - it starts with a Flak weapon, which can tear apart drones eventually (Drones have small rooms, and because of the Flak's projectile spread, it will take some time for enough shots to connect) and Lanius, which don't need to breathe, which makes hacking oxygen a viable and powerful strategy. I'm probably gonna win with it next.
I also just won with the Kestrel B. 3 Flak 1's = Automatic win. I'm winning so commonly on easy now I'm probably gonna hike it up to normal after I win a couple more times.

hehe... Flak 1... the ultimate hostility repellant! simply point at your enemies, wait 9 seconds for it to charge and fire!
hmm... I'm thinking about making my Eagle type B with two adv. flaks instead of 2 ion blast 1's and 2 basic lasers.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
dyno101 wrote:
Fireclaw27 wrote:Use Lanius B. You win (nearly) every time. Honestly. Unless its CE. Then less often.

I understand why people like the Lanius B so much. It's an all rounder that's exceptionally powerful on all ends of the scale - it starts with a Flak weapon, which can tear apart drones eventually (Drones have small rooms, and because of the Flak's projectile spread, it will take some time for enough shots to connect) and Lanius, which don't need to breathe, which makes hacking oxygen a viable and powerful strategy. I'm probably gonna win with it next.
I also just won with the Kestrel B. 3 Flak 1's = Automatic win. I'm winning so commonly on easy now I'm probably gonna hike it up to normal after I win a couple more times.

hehe... Flak 1... the ultimate hostility repellant! simply point at your enemies, wait 9 seconds for it to charge and fire!
hmm... I'm thinking about making my Eagle type B with two adv. flaks instead of 2 ion blast 1's and 2 basic lasers.

That's severely unbalanced. Better make it shield-less or something because 2 adv. flaks can support you against nearly everything but the flagship!
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:47 am

dyno101 wrote:
That's severely unbalanced. Better make it shield-less or something because 2 adv. flaks can support you against nearly everything but the flagship!

the Eagle class cruisers are stealth cruisers. have you even seen them?
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
dyno101 wrote:

I think I've heard the name. I didn't realize they were stealth cruisers (I can't get mods) at first. Still a little overpowered, though, cause those adv. flaks will charge quickly and rip through the early game's weak one-shield enemies. One more flak or a BL2 and you could beat the flagship.

How did we get here from me saying that I finally completed FTL?
(By the way, I'm at 6 victories now! Yay!)
"Blamsauce!"
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:28 am

dyno101 wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
dyno101 wrote:

I think I've heard the name. I didn't realize they were stealth cruisers (I can't get mods) at first. Still a little overpowered, though, cause those adv. flaks will charge quickly and rip through the early game's weak one-shield enemies. One more flak or a BL2 and you could beat the flagship.

How did we get here from me saying that I finally completed FTL?
(By the way, I'm at 6 victories now! Yay!)

I said stuff about flaks being enemy repellants :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:44 pm

[quote="Stormbringer] I said stuff about flaks being enemy repellants :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

So it's purposely an OP ship. Understood.
"Blamsauce!"
Alex25

Postby Alex25 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:42 pm

I think I killed a elite that run, so that did come back to bite me. I never purchased a gun, any gun that might have helped against automated ships.
my blog