Who says Fed A is underpowered again?

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Satonakaja

Who says Fed A is underpowered again?

Postby Satonakaja » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:05 am

Those people are silly, and if they insist, they can talk to the Rising World, which pulled off its best run yet. Cloak is for the WEAK and COWARDLY. I did get rather lucky, and limped into the Crystal sector with one hull after taking a huge beating in the Sector 7 Rock Homeworlds, but the results speak for themselves.

(Right click images to see full screenshot)

(Not pictured: Auto-reloader and Drone Recovery Arm. Had to sell an Engi medbot dispersal in Crystal sector.)

And if that wasn't enough, this game ended up being my best ever with several records being broken. Captain Kaguya broke the record for piloted by evasions by about 100

Agg Shell

Re: Who says Fed A is underpowered again?

Postby Agg Shell » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:18 pm

i, honistly cannot beat the game w/ the fed A. It's like the game thinks "oh snap! only 50 sec cooldown for his arty beam! 2 lvls of shields! amazing weapons on enemy cruisers!" it's just horribly inbalanced when you start upgrading the arty beam when theres nothing else to upgrade :P
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Ignoring the arty, i find it weaker than the Kestrel, which does not exactly mean it's weak. With the arty back in the picture, you are guaranteed to have a slammin' weapon during the late game. So overall it's a strong ship but not as strong as the Zoltans, Basilisk, Kestrel A&B, Rocks... well... Even the Nesasio starts out stronger.

The Nisos is the crap one, Osprey is average.

The underpowered ships that i think we can all agree on are Vortex, Stormwalker, DA-SR, Gila, Nesasio late game, and Nisos, which never has a damn thing good about it. Not even the artillery. Ok that last one is probably biased. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Satonakaja

Postby Satonakaja » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Osprey is certainly weaker than the Kestrel early on due to the lack of missiles. The layout itself, I think, is better than the kestrel's, except for the part where defense drones have trouble covering the whole thing, anyway.

The nice thing about it is that the Osprey is fairly self-sufficient and doesn't rely as much on the RNG; you can easily win with just the Burst Laser, Artillery, and a good missile/bomb. It also starts with an amazing, well rounded crew. All you really need to get your Osprey run going is doing well in the early sectors and getting a missile/bomb and a defense drone or two. And getting some more crew, any crew since you start with a rock and a mantis, means you can easily get use out of a teleporter whenever you get it.

As I said before cloak is for the WEAK AND COWARDLY, but you don't need cloak when you have scrap to spare to cower IN A STRONGER AND MANLIER FASHION behind four shields (I usually stop at three on most other ships who have to spend more on weapons and such at the store) and high evasion. Then again, the one time I had an Osprey with maximum engines and shields, it just refused to dodge anything, ending in my death and Astronomically Low Odds achievement. ;_;
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Satonakaja wrote:Then again, the one time I had an Osprey with maximum engines and shields, it just refused to dodge anything, ending in my death and Astronomically Low Odds achievement. ;_;

LOL^^ I thought i was the only one... i swear i dodge better with 10% than 40% :lol: :lol:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Dr_Zegobob

Postby Dr_Zegobob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:30 am

I find both classes of the Federation ships great and fun to play with.
My ships:
Kestrel A, Engi A, Engi B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Rock A, Federation A, Federation B, Mantis A, Mantis B.
Ships listed in green are ones that I have scored a victory with.