Did you know? List little tips and tricks here!

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Fireclaw27

Re: Did you know? List little tips and tricks here!

Postby Fireclaw27 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:36 pm

Eh, well Auto's always seem really rare when I play as the Shrike, and I tend to have a load of missiles on said ship, so I found S.Bombing your own crew to make them clone to be useful, but I suppose there are probably better uses for a missile... :?:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:21 am

Fireclaw27 wrote:Eh, well Auto's always seem really rare when I play as the Shrike, and I tend to have a load of missiles on said ship, so I found S.Bombing your own crew to make them clone to be useful, but I suppose there are probably better uses for a missile... :?:

It's only really wasteful if you're going to run out.

Wining the game with 30 missiles left over isn't any worse than winning the game with 50 missiles left over. The problem comes when you're going into the final battle with 10 missiles and 3 missile weapons.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:23 am

5thHorseman wrote:Wining the game with 30 missiles left over isn't any worse than winning the game with 50 missiles left over. The problem comes when you're going into the final battle with 10 missiles and 3 missile weapons.

Because you were busy wasting them on killing your Lanius crew :D
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:00 am

5thHorseman wrote:
The problem comes when you're going into the final battle with 10 missiles and 3 missile weapons.

Another problem could be going into the final battle with 1hp borders. :D
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:25 am

Fireclaw27 wrote:

By then, you shouldn't have wasted all your missiles and can spare one for the crew.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:00 am

stylesrj wrote:
Fireclaw27 wrote:

By then, you shouldn't have wasted all your missiles and can spare one for the crew.

...justifying the original tip ;)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:03 am

But only for the end. You don't want to follow that advice every time your Lanius reach 2HP or else you'll be out of missiles.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:51 am

Did you know that if you board the Rebel Flagship in the Weapons Rooms with two crew and then you Mind Control the Human inside, they'll be immediately booted into the main part of the ship. So if you want to quickly destroy the Missile Launcher or Ion Cannon in Phase 1, just kick the crew out and have fun destroying it without resistance.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:54 am

stylesrj wrote:Did you know that if you board the Rebel Flagship in the Weapons Rooms with two crew and then you Mind Control the Human inside, they'll be immediately booted into the main part of the ship. So if you want to quickly destroy the Missile Launcher or Ion Cannon in Phase 1, just kick the crew out and have fun destroying it without resistance.

well that's news to me... but would that make stage 3 just a tad bit more annoying with additional boarders?

Anyway my tip: 2 stun ions can cause crew to be infi-stunned. As well as the ion damage to that room continuously stacking. can be fun to use when targeting a specific system and/or when a fire is going on.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:03 am

R4V3-0N wrote:well that's news to me... but would that make stage 3 just a tad bit more annoying with additional boarders?

If you have a teleporter and Mind Control, what are you doing not killing the enemy crew in Phase 1?