Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
the Scientist

Re: Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

Postby the Scientist » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:09 am

Eyjio wrote:Also, re-loaders lower firing time on the artillery beam. Can you imagine cloak as well? You could literally stall 51 seconds and instantly win.

how does cloaking lets you stall for 51 seconds?

also, in case you were wondering, the weapon pre-ignitor does not heat the arty beam. now that woudlve been instawin ^^
Eyjio

Postby Eyjio » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:52 pm

It doesn't work for all the 51 seconds, but you could dodge the power surges which, apart from the missiles are the only real threat against the boss. Heck, even max level engines makes it silly (you don't need ANY weapon power except for bombing missiles at the start).
llldoomlll

Postby llldoomlll » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 pm

actionhero112

Postby actionhero112 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:12 am

Uh the Engi Med Bot Dispersal is not a unique augment. There is an event in game where you can choose to give an engi ship 2 fuel, 40 scrap and 2 missiles/drone parts. The Engi give you the Engi Med Bot Dispersal Augment as a reward.

Also a missile taking out your oxygen doesn't happen on the Basilisk (unless you forget to power Defense I Drone) Only bombs can do that.

Also it should be mentioned that the Red Tail, because it starts with 4 weapons, allows the crew member manning the weapon's station to build its weapon skill ludicrously fast, to the point where the crew member will likely gain the 14% increase at the end of the first sector. It's actually the fastest growth rate of any of the ships.
vizui

Postby vizui » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 pm

So after reading this thread I have concluded that the OP Slug Cruiser guide is incorrect and should be changed to:

To Unlock:

>Long Range Censors Augment or a Slug crew member

Is this correct?
vizui

Postby vizui » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Oh wait, it would seem you can still unlock the Slug Cruiser even with Lvl 2 sensors alone.

I chose to try and follow them this time and it gave me a blue option.

Oh well, OP is still kind of confusing. Thanks to those who contributed to this thread, it was extremely helpful. :D
Misery

Postby Misery » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 am

Ignore this post, just now noticed the post right above mine (and the slug quest bit was what I was posting about).

The bit about the slug quest should be changed though, since the blue option does NOT appear with the very first set of choices.

EDIT: Oooookay. There's more than a few things wrong with this guide, now that I actually go to try and unlock some stuff. Some info is wrong, some is outright missing. Zoltan ship unlock: Point out the EXACT choices the player needs to make, not just "go peaceful!!!11", as there's MULTIPLE possible "peaceful" choices, and at least one of them is wrong and ends in a fight.

Hoboy, I normally dont do this, but I might just find a hack or something to unlock the ships, because holy crap is it REALLY ANNOYING to do the unlocking in this game. Love the game, but that aspect is beyond my patience level.
kissofpain

Postby kissofpain » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 am

If you would unlock everything using cheats, the game would lose a lot of charm. Anyway I suppose it comes down to personal preference, I personally love the challange.

Btw was anybody able to unlock the crystal cruiser, as I don't see it in the guide? I was able to get the stasis pod + research facility event sequence once, but I died silly in the next battle. :(
Misery

Postby Misery » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:05 am

kissofpain wrote:If you would unlock everything using cheats, the game would lose a lot of charm. Anyway I suppose it comes down to personal preference, I personally love the challange.

Aye, that's true. I'm really irritable though so I'll say things like that every now and then, haha. Usually I resist the urge to do that sorta thing though, but I may end up launching some random object at the wall in irritation instead.

Ended up getting the bloody Zoltan ship in the next run without actually aiming for it. Damn RNG must sit off in a corner and giggle at times like this.
MLP

Postby MLP » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Just to confirm from the first post. For the Mantis Cruiser first event you only need to have a Mantis on board. No teleporter or medbay rank 2 required. Although you will need a teleporter to actually complete all the stages.