Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
DustyMonkey

Re: Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

Postby DustyMonkey » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:23 am

It would be nice to know which ships, once upgraded, end up with 2x2 teleport bays and which end up with only 2x1 bays.
BigD145

Postby BigD145 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 am

If they don't start with a 4 man teleporter I don't think they get anything but a 2 man. The images tell you what they start with.
DustyMonkey

Postby DustyMonkey » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:30 am

I don't need other people to guess for me :)

Many ships have empty 2x2 rooms at the start, so I am guessing that some of them do get 2x2 teleporter rooms.

This is why guessing is silly. Its easy to justify a guess.
BigD145

Postby BigD145 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:33 am

When installing systems from a shop, cloak and drone control are the only ones that fill a 2x2. Teleporter goes in a 1x2. Have fun with your guessing.
SeemannTheAssamite

Postby SeemannTheAssamite » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:17 am

What BigD said. Afaik, only two ships that can have 4 slot teleporters. One Mantis and one SuperSecretHushHushRace. ^,.,^
If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', then I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
^,.,^
DustyMonkey

Postby DustyMonkey » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:49 am

Your first post indicated that you didnt know the actual answer ("I don't think..."), and now you are saying that you do know the answer, but leave out explaining why you have changed from not knowing to knowing.

Were you just being sloppy the first time you posted, and rude the second time you posted? Or were you unsure the first time, and have later found out new information but still chose to be rude the second time?
Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:41 am

So about the slug ship. I got the info from the ship with a white text. I had 2 sensors at the time. I got a slug before reaching the quest markers and the first one was a pirate and slug ship where you choose to help the slug and split the cache or go for the cache yourself. That had just the two white options. I then went to the second quest marker and saw a slug shipyard or something running away and I had the option of swoop in or tail them which were both white. I figured, swoop but it just made me fight a slug ship which I destroyed without any new options.

So can someone please do something about the misinformation in the OP's post.
HumbleSloth

Postby HumbleSloth » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 pm

chrys1989 wrote:I would also like to know what that last ship is , and can anyone tell me if you can get a cloaking file for The Federation Cruiser because i cant seem to find it when i play that ship , is it possible ?

I have been noticing the same thing. My last game I saw 5 stores with systems available and none had a cloak.
Patchumz

Postby Patchumz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:37 pm

HumbleSloth wrote:
chrys1989 wrote:I would also like to know what that last ship is , and can anyone tell me if you can get a cloaking file for The Federation Cruiser because i cant seem to find it when i play that ship , is it possible ?

I have been noticing the same thing. My last game I saw 5 stores with systems available and none had a cloak.

It's not possible. Artillery replaces the Cloak system.
El Psy Congroo.
Eyjio

Postby Eyjio » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Also, re-loaders lower firing time on the artillery beam. Can you imagine cloak as well? You could literally stall 51 seconds and instantly win.