The ultimate pacifism run

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
zzandrio

The ultimate pacifism run

Postby zzandrio » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 am

So I decided to try to get the "Coming in for my Pacifism Run" achievement and this is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ZWsyNf3QY
I feel like such an overachiever! :P
Madhax

Re: The ultimate pacifism run

Postby Madhax » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Impressive!

Mantis B seems like a great choice of ship for this achievement run. I personally was planning to try it with one of the Zoltan cruisers to see if I could cut down on repair costs, but without a drone system the Mantis B is probably the better choice.
Svankensen

Postby Svankensen » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Actually, since the Zoltan Shield protects against misiles too, they seem to be equivalent in survival as long as you upgrade the engines, and the zoltan is a tad better at handling repairs (but worst at boarding). The saving grace from the mantis B i would say is the posibility to win it after the pacifism run. An unupgraded Mantis B can make it to sector 5 (no upgrades achievement) and then win, with around 200 scrap left in the bank from the not-upgrading part of the game. Not having that money isnt that relevant in the long run, altrough you also miss all the augments you do buy in the no upgrade run. As long as you get a bit lucky and get a couple more crewmembers you should be able to board enough to be able to win the game by sector 8.
bulba

Postby bulba » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 am

It's easiest whith stealth A, because you get the long ranged scanners from the start and can avoid most ships + you get the stealth and fast engines so if you do get into the fight you can ftl out without any damage most of the time.
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 am

there should be a way to finish this game without bloodbath :mrgreen:
superkonata

Postby superkonata » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:46 pm

The pacifism achievement is such a piece of cake that you can do it nearly any time with any ship.

FreedomFighter wrote:there should be a way to finish this game without bloodbath :mrgreen:

Oooh, and I'm a friendly bunny living in the sparkly Happyland with my gay animal friends!
Oka

Postby Oka » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Crystal Vengeance augumentation from Crystal Ship Cruiser is a firing shot?
Can use any type of drones?

For some reason i had 2 runs with Crystal B, had no weapon but still didn't got the achievement.
On my second run after 2-3 jumps found a store in sector 1 and sold the augumentation
I used only teleport and drones till sector 5, but still for some reason did't got the achievement.

Would be great in next patches to be able to track one or more achievements while playing and get noticed with a fail message if that achievement is not possible in the current run.
breadsmith

Postby breadsmith » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:42 am

In addition to no weapons, you can't teleport or use offensive drones. This would be anti-ship, beam and boarding drones.
Oka

Postby Oka » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:04 am

oh that was the problem .. for some reason i missread the tip and used drones and teleport :lol:
just got the achievement with Engi B in 5 minutes :mrgreen: