Early Playthrough, Anything I'm Missing?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
MrDavidification

Early Playthrough, Anything I'm Missing?

Postby MrDavidification » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Recently got the game and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for me? Here's one of my latest playthroughs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtzVIClwtBA
Ethaniel

Re: Early Playthrough, Anything I'm Missing?

Postby Ethaniel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Based on your last video, for starters, you leave sectors way too early. Exploration = Events = Scrap = Better stuff. In a three-crew line-up rotate one of them between shields and engines, if you see a missile cannon on the enemy ship send him/her to the engines for a bit more evasion, if not, put him/her on the shields. Disable the Medbay system when you don't need it an re-route the energy to the engines. You rejected an offered slave: Bad call. The slave becomes a crewmember and you could have all systems covered. You left the Ion Blast on the store, next time maybe you should not. Ion weapons are really good to take down shields and save some missiles. You also had a drone you could sell for some scrap and invest that on Shields 2, or to expand your weapons system and have Burst Mk2-Artemis-Ion Blast activated.