Crazy RNG, what to do

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Silverbolt_M84

Crazy RNG, what to do

Postby Silverbolt_M84 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m busy with my Lanius A playthrough and lootwise this has been my best run ever. I keep finding equipment which i can sell and great weapons and augmentations to buy.
Atm i was lucky enough to buy 2x burst laser ii, flack i and looted heavy laser i and flack ii ( not equiped).
With regards to augmentations i bought 2x automated reloaders, back up DNA bank (Still have a clone bay and only the starter crew).

Here comes my luxury issue, the current shop sells a weapon pre igniter and i really have no clue what to do.
I would like to swap out the back up DNA augmentation, But with only 3 crew members and currently in zone 6, this doesnt seem smart.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
stylesrj

Re: Crazy RNG, what to do

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 pm

A Backup DNA Bank is nice but it's not critical. If something better like a Preigniter comes along, you go for it because then you don't have to worry about losing the Clone Bay. Because the enemy will be dead.

Just make sure to power up your Clone Bay if someone dies.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:08 pm

Yeah with that load out I'd trade most anything on the ship for that preigniter. You can take out 2 rooms pretty surely with the two BL2s after firing the Flak1. I'd toss the Flak2 and keep the HL1, and then you can take out 3 systems on most ships in the first 5 seconds of a round regularly. And then send your guys over. So long as you're watchful, you should never feel all that concerned about not having the clonebay backup.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
lirtosiast

Postby lirtosiast » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm probably too late, but in this situation I'd run BL2/BL2/Flak 1/HL1 and not necessarily buy the weapons preigniter. The reasoning is that with 2 reloaders, you already have a fast weapon setup that can get a volley of 10 projectiles into the enemy weapons every 8 seconds. So you fire faster than the enemy even without the Preigniter. Preigniter is best on a slow weapons setup like Flak II / BL2 / Hull Laser 2-- if you had that, I would absolutely buy it. I'd also buy it if I couldn't find a store to buy Cloaking or Mind Control, and was likely to get to the Flagship with 4 shields, L5 engines, L3 hacking, value points in key systems, and nothing else to spend scrap on.

As for the Backup DNA bank, it's somewhat useful when you're boarding, but otherwise useless for a careful player. With L2 doors and Lanius, you shouldn't have a problem surviving boarding events.
rijenald

Postby rijenald » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:15 am

I do the same.
Man, it's gonna be fun there. That us open golf tips. I know how to win daily playing there. I'm just doing it by the book.