Which weapon is the best?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
KingdomKrafters

Which weapon is the best?

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:13 pm

There are a lot of different types of weapons in the game. But which of the weapons is the best to use?
Before you can answer that question, you kinda have to figure out what your asking about. Are you talking about beating the final boss? or just for getting there in the first place? Are you talking about which is the most powerful, or which has the best strategy? I'm gonna try and answer all of these questions, and more. (this is entirely my opinion. If you feel differently, please post your thoughts below)

Types of Weapons:
Common:
-Laser
-Ion
-Missile
-Beam
Uncommon:
-Bomb
-Flak/burst
-Crystal

Which weapon is the best for beating the Rebel Flagship?
This is a very hard question to answer. There are so many strategies for beating the boss, that it would be almost impossible to answer. But I'm gonna try. In my opinion, the breach bombs are the best. They easily kill the Flagship's crew, and can stop the AI repair. They also damage the systems, so overall its a pretty good weapon no matter what. Using this to disable the weapons and shields pretty much leaves the flagship vulnerable to almost anything.

Which weapon is the most powerful?
This is an easy question to answer. Its the Glaive beam. This weapon does so much damage and has such a long trail for how much damage it does. The game even says that its the most powerful weapon! Of course, if you go into the source code and start cheating, you could argue that the boss weapons are the best. Especially the boss missile! The boss missile shoots 3 missiles for the price of none! While this is a valid argument, I'm gonna stick with the Glaive beam. For god's sake it can never miss! You could also say vulcan, and I would agree that its very powerful, but its just not the same as the Glaive beam

Which two weapons work the best together?
Well there's an easy way to answer this. Ion plus laser = good bye shields! But I'm not gonna go the easy route. I feel the best duo is fire and lockdown bombs. You lock all enemies in a room, then burn 'em to death! Yee-haw! :twisted:

Which weapon is best used for eliminating enemy crew?
A lot of people would go bio-beam. I mean it was literally made to kill the crew! I disagree. While its very powerful, it cant pierce shields. That's a major down side. I'm gonna have to go with my response for the flagship question. Breach bombs for everyone :D !

Which weapon is best used to destroy AI ships?
Breach bomb.

Overall, what is your favorite weapon and in your opinion the best weapon.
Well, that's a hard one... BREACH BOMB
stylesrj

Re: Which weapon is the best?

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:41 am

I'm going with the Flak Mk.I
It's not much but you're likely to find it in stores and it's cheaper to buy than a Burst Laser II and can sync up well with one.
The Advanced Flak would be the best (3 shots for 1 power) but you only get one, same with Dual Lasers on most ships.

The Flak Mk.II... I don't get the appeal of it. Long charge time for 7 shots? I guess it's good for clearing shields but so can two Flak I's.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:11 am

In my opinion, the Flak Mark II is awesome. Especially when you use it on the Lanius Cruiser Type B along side with its Advanced Flak. The Advanced flak can take out the vital or offensive systems while your Mark II charges, then you annihilate them!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:36 am

If you're looking for annihilation of an enemy ship, would you rather wait 22 seconds for a 7-shot burst or in 12 seconds, you can get a 6-shot burst. That means in 24 seconds, you can get 12 shots out there while your Flak II only got its 7 out.

The Flak II is a good late-game shieldbuster but that's about it; don't go out of the way to buy it in stores.