!Possible spoilers Crystal B type

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
TheAzryte

!Possible spoilers Crystal B type

Postby TheAzryte » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:26 pm

While playing on my first run with the crystal I unlocked the kill a ship with the vengence augment, and so now I am trying to get another achivement to get the B type, anyone got any suggestions as to which I should aim for? As the AI seems to hate sending more then two or three (Which is very rare) into a room, and it's hard to line up 15 rock ships in what I'm assuming must be in one playthrough as the time when you want as many enemies as possible, eveywhere is rather calm.

Edit, for some reason it appears I made two of this topic, don't know why, sorry about that!
Last edited by TheAzryte on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal fleet: Kestrel A & B, Engi A&B, Stealth A, Mantis A&B, Federation A&B, Slug A, Rock A, Zoltan A&B and Unidentified A.

GDM
Sli Fi

Re: !Possible spoilers Crystal B type

Postby Sli Fi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Occasionally, you'll get boarded by four people (I think it's most likely in a nebula). Then, wait until they start attacking a system with four spaces and lock them in. You'll probably die afterwards, but you'll get the achievement.

The rock ship achievement is completely luck-based, so just try to enter rock sectors and hope you get it.
Fredchuckdave

Postby Fredchuckdave » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 pm

For the Rock ship achievement you can't kill the other ship's crew, you have to blow up all 15 ships.
wanderthe5th

Postby wanderthe5th » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:06 am

Sli Fi wrote:Occasionally, you'll get boarded by four people (I think it's most likely in a nebula). Then, wait until they start attacking a system with four spaces and lock them in. You'll probably die afterwards, but you'll get the achievement.

I recommend this. It's very easy to do once you get four boarders. You might have better luck after the first few sectors though.