Am I the Only Person that Loves the Fregatidae?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
5thHorseman

Re: Am I the Only Person that Loves the Fregatidae?

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:30 am

R4V3-0N wrote:the zoltan kamikaze crew is the main attraction of this ship and most people ignore it for a mantis human boarding party.

I've had far more luck with the Mantis/Zoltan combo than the Zoltan/Zoltan pair. That way, the Zoltan dies, explodes, takes out whoever the Mantis was fighting, and the Mantis can take out the other guy before dying himself. All that time, the Zoltan is "healing" in the clone bay. Far more efficient than if both Zoltans die at the same time and then the 2nd one takes twice as long to heal.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
cometbus

Postby cometbus » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:00 pm

I just unlocked it and am loving it on my first run so far. Of course, I did happen to get another Mantis in the 1st sector, so that made things a LOT easier. Just got to the 5th sector with a full crew, but still no weapons. We'll see how it goes!
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:10 pm

I love the Fed C as well.

The concept is just so hilariously insane. Of course it can be frustrating, especially at the beginning, but I don't much care about that.

Like the Zoltan C, this cruiser offers unique experiences and challenges, but the potential late-game hilarity as well as the interesting lore behind it make it fun for me.
allanconner122

Postby allanconner122 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:10 am

95% Chance wrote:Most places I look I see users consistently bashing the Fregatidae for being one of the worst ships in the game. I don't know if that's because they don't know how to play the damn thing or what, but it should be pretty obvious!

Sure it doesn't start out with any weapons, but it does start out with a Mantis, 2 Zoltan, and a human. Now, because humans are common and uninteresting, they get to stay put, and the other Zoltan gets to stay put too. But you send the other Zoltan in with the Mantis to do some really nice energy based kamikaze attacks while that awesome flak artillery charges. I can't tell you how many times I've won using the Fregatidae, it has to be my favorite ship.

Why does it get so much hate? Sure, the life expectancy of the crew isn't really a big strong suit, but the clone bay takes care of that.

I don't know whats the reason but i know i'm too loves the Fregatidae :( so don't be sad i'm here with you
Last edited by allanconner122 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamito

Postby Lamito » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Dirka wrote:I love the Fed C as well.

The concept is just so hilariously insane. Of course it can be frustrating, especially at the beginning, but I don't much care about that.

Like the Zoltan C, this cruiser offers unique experiences and challenges, but the potential late-game hilarity as well as the interesting lore behind it make it fun for me.

This

There are so many "me too" ships such as Kestrel-C or Engi-C that offer little originality, that I find this one refreshing. Ye, it is low tier, but at least it has its own intersting twitch.

Powerwise though, it sucks
Turbo_Scrooge

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:21 pm

stylesrj wrote:I think it gets so much hate because what the hell is a Flak Gun doing on a boarding cruiser? Sure it's meant to show off that artillery systems can be different, but the Flak is just so out of place for me...
The ship gets a little bit better though if you find another non-Zoltan crew. Then you can put the Human and Mantis on the teleporter while the Zoltan make the shields ion-proof.

Seriously, having an ion-proof ship in Sector 1 is a great advantage.

wait, if you have a zoltan manning shields it is ion proof?
I goof off on superluminal. If I make something cool, the I post it.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:54 pm

I would have to say, some boarding ships are just better.
I personally like the shrike better, because a boarding ship that starts with mind control and lanius as its boarders? MIND-ABSENT ASPHYSIXIATION WIN!
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Treamayne

Postby Treamayne » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:15 am

Turbo_Scrooge wrote:
stylesrj wrote:I think it gets so much hate because what the hell is a Flak Gun doing on a boarding cruiser? Sure it's meant to show off that artillery systems can be different, but the Flak is just so out of place for me...
The ship gets a little bit better though if you find another non-Zoltan crew. Then you can put the Human and Mantis on the teleporter while the Zoltan make the shields ion-proof.

Seriously, having an ion-proof ship in Sector 1 is a great advantage.

wait, if you have a zoltan manning shields it is ion proof?

If you have two Zoltans in the shield room, then Ion weapons can't remove the last later of shields (because they can't remove Zoltan provided power). Just one manning the shields won't provide the same effect.

EDIT: SPAG
Last edited by Treamayne on Fri May 10, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
V/R

Treamayne
EpicTrojanVirus

Postby EpicTrojanVirus » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:54 pm

I love Fed C too due to my recent run
Max Flak Artillery with two Glaive Beams
Though I only manage to use it on sector 8 after acquiring the 2nd Glaive there
I start the early sector by having mantises from prying pods and pirate slaver bribe
I got flak1, heavy laser1, small bomb and Glaive in early sectors too but never used the latter till sector7
Winning by boarding are fairly easy as well as pounding auto ships
20sec Flak A with two Glaive beams dissipates boss phase1 with only the first volley after its cloaking
Phase2 also with justone volley and phase3 with three volleys due to the zoltan shield
Still, very satisfying :D
ZoltandeZtroyer

Postby ZoltandeZtroyer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:55 pm

95% Chance wrote:Most places I look I see users consistently bashing the Fregatidae for being one of the worst ships in the game. I don't know if that's because they don't know how to play the damn thing or what, but it should be pretty obvious!

Sure it doesn't start out with any weapons, but it does start out with a Mantis, 2 Zoltan, and a human. Now, because humans are common and uninteresting, they get to stay put, and the other Zoltan gets to stay put too. But you send the other Zoltan in with the Mantis to do some really nice energy based kamikaze attacks while that awesome flak artillery charges. I can't tell you how many times I've won using the Fregatidae, it has to be my favorite ship.

Why does it get so much hate? Sure, the life expectancy of the crew isn't really a big strong suit, but the clone bay takes care of that.

I just started right now with the ship and on my first 2 jump i got the "Heavy Scatter II" and "Burst Laser III" lol i'm very lucky. Btw is this community still active? since most posts are created 2013, now it's 2016 december.

I'm also using "Captain's Edition", it really makes the game alot harder but also alot more fun and challenging. If you don't recognize the guns i said above, it might be guns from the mod. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D